App, RC and aircraft unresponsive while returning home in the middle of a lake
957 1 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9cb19d58
New
Canada

The most horrible experience with my drone, went for a boat ride and brought the drone, once in the water (in a legal flying zone) took off and flew around, I did an intelligent flying mode (point of interest), then after exiting it, flew for 2 more minutes when suddenly a message appear on my phone, "returning home" weird but didn't panic since there was the option to cancel it, but cancelling option didn't work, the drone went 50m up and like 40 m away to land, on water!!!! Control was completely unresponsive, was on a boat 40m away watching my drone going down to land on the water, thankfully stop descending around 4 meters above the water, we went fast in that direction, I still had 8 minutes of battery, so we try to positioning the boat below the drone, still couldn't reach it, so thankfully I had a stick that I used to pull the drone down, then hold it by the landing gear, still unresponsive while doing this, tried to turn it off with the control and by pressing the button in the actual drone, nothing work, had to hold it with both hands above my head while the drone was trying to go up and motors were going full power, after 3 minutes drone stop, battery was dead and I was sick, still feel nervous.

The thing is, I don't know what cause it and I don't know what to do, does anybody have any idea why this could happened?

I have the latest p4 update, I calibrated everything before flying, drone was flying perfect and was around 10 meters away from me when everything star
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I sympathize with your situation, just to clarity, did you recover the drone in the end? If your drone in under warranty, please syn the flight record and contact our support to create a ticket for data analysis. We will take in charge your drone if the mishap was caused by malfunction in warranty.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules