Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I have really had it with the inaccurate posts
12Next >
3140 65 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

The great thing I believe about  fourms is they allow the form users to learn from others experiences and get quick help from the members. We can share our love and interest and above all help each other out. DJI finally releases a much needed update, that from my experience is absolutely an upgrade from the last one. Firmware v02.00.0106 fixed the horizon tilt and added a bunch of new functions and in my case the only issue i have experienced is the annoying high wind message. However, from what I have been reading and in my humble opinion it seams folks that don't read instructions are posting information or assumptions that either lead other enthusiasts down the wrong path or more importantly take away from the real firmware issues that need to be corrected. Also , they confuse our English challenged moderators; slowing down future updates or assistance

I have read a few posts about props releasing or what appears to be people not even attempting to calibrate the aircraft  or check app settings, these posts are immediately blaming the firmware update. So please let's all try and stick to actual issues and don't post until you are convinced it's an actual firmware, software or a mechanical issue. At the very least, simply state facts and let all the smart folks here, namely Rob sort out your issues and correct your grammar.   But above-all please don't post if you have had more than two Tito's Martinis or if you are in fact, a snowflake, Rob hates Snowflakes. ☺️  

Sorry for the rant, all. Again this is just my completely worthless opinion.

Post edited after a long hard look in the mirror and a complete brow beating from the self appointed spokesman of the people, Rob.

2017-7-11
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

dude i know riiiiiiight?
some guys here really need stop hating DJI for no reason.
false or wrong information are the worst and nobody will be satisfied.
DJI did nothing wrong and user who failed to make updates or have bugs later are just poor beginner which no idea what they are doing.
well said sir

ps: "bazinga"
2017-7-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I would fully agree with your viewpoint, however I think it needs to be acknowledged that DJI are very likely making sudden changes at present to try and lock out hacks of their software and firmware, and thos changes are impacting the users. And while a lot of the speculation is just plain wrong, unfortunately they are many users who do not have a clue technically, but still have an opinion on anything and everything.
2017-7-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Your post resonates with me.  It's four months since I became involved with this hobby, and it's GREAT!  Like many, I assume, I came onto the forums to learn and to resolve any issues I may have had.
It quickly becomes apparent that it's difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff, and there's almost as much dis-information as there is good advice.
I've found a setup which works for me, and the time for the upgrades has arrived. However I am so alarmed by all the tales of woe that I have held off, and am sticking with the versions that work for me until such time I can be re-assured that upgrading software and firmware will not plunge me into the same crises that others seem to experience.  I for one cannot afford to turn my EXCELLENT  P4 standard machine into an expensive paperweight.
2017-7-11
Use props
Emdub 8
New
Flight distance : 35141 ft
Canada

Well, I am one of many who came hear to try to resolve issues I have experienced since the last update. I am not technically clueless. I did pay attention to the DJI e-mails and I did not receive the one that everyone talks about warning customers about the impending update. Congratulations on having an error-free experience, but please don't belittle DJI owners like myself. We are rightfully frustrated with our experiences with DJI software and firmware, having spent a great deal of money on an exciting product. If there were fewer issues, you would see fewer of our posts here.
2017-7-11
Use props
Cian McLiam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 366496 ft
Ireland

I've been through several DJI craft and many firmware updates, have had my P4 since last May and I know it inside out. I know how to calibrate and how to do firmware updates. The last update made my craft practically unusable and I am really disappointed in those who haven't had the same problems blaming user error. DJI have my logs, they haven't come back to say it's a user problem so let's wait and see.
2017-7-11
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Cian McLiam Posted at 2017-7-11 22:24
I've been through several DJI craft and many firmware updates, have had my P4 since last May and I know it inside out. I know how to calibrate and how to do firmware updates. The last update made my craft practically unusable and I am really disappointed in those who haven't had the same problems blaming user error. DJI have my logs, they haven't come back to say it's a user problem so let's wait and see.

You, me and most of the others who have had issues with this latest update. I think it's unfortunate when people feel it's necessary to start up an entirely new thread just to complain about other posters who are having legitimate problems.
Hopefully, this will be one time when DJI provides a rapid resolution because it seems to be affecting many people in one way or another.
2017-7-11
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

its all users fault. ALWAYS. dont even think try to complain if you need real help in this forum. you will get bashed like hell frpm hardcore DJI lover for stupidness. they just dont want hear anybody say something bad about their beloved DJI product.
nobody want hear our complains even many people suffering from bricked drones which worked fine before the update. i already gave up to say anything against these people here. is useless. you cant discuss. so just keep silent like DJI doing it for those who have issues because buggy firmwares. {:4_117:}
2017-7-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Vincent,

You are not alone!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-12
Use props
That80sGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10075 ft
Germany

RE: I have really had it with the inaccurate posts

> DJI finally releases a much needed update,  that from my experience is  absolutely an upgrade
> from the last one. It fixed the horizon tilt and  added a bunch of new functions

Cool, I've been waiting for a fix to the tilted horizon (while wondering whether it's the firmware or something else ;-) ). Could you tell me which firmware or DJI Go 4 update(?) you're refering to? Thanks!

2017-7-12
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

That80sGuy Posted at 2017-7-12 03:04
> DJI finally releases a much needed update,  that from my experience is  absolutely an upgrade
> from the last one. It fixed the horizon tilt and  added a bunch of new functions

http://forum.dji.com/thread-103374-1-1.html
2017-7-12
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

Good point thanks for pointing that out, I should have been more clear in the version i was referencing. I updated my original post with the latest version that fixed my tilt issue it was  v02.00.0106.
2017-7-12
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all, Maybe DJI needs to parse out the forums for troubleshooting vs industry chat?  Maybe DJI should add a FAQ to this forum so people can get answers to simple questions without feeling the need to start a new thread in a general forum?  

I agree that some people need to drop the ridiculous conspiracy theories and closed minded insults.  That said, I also agree that there are some issues with DJI, some relatively deep corporate ideologies that are not in sync with the customers who have paid so much money to use their products.  

I am a professional flyer with my Part 107 license and night flight certification. My P4 has been a big source of income for me and I have flown it to the point where it is like second nature to me.  I even built a rig to provide myself a completely level platform (whether at home or on the road) for calibrating the IMU's, I am an avid perfectionist when it comes to preparing the bird for flight, and for recalibrating after an update.  I know my P4 like I know the back of my own hand.

With all that said, after a flawless update of software & firmware, calibration of all sensors and gimbal without a single issue... my P4 is now grounded due to flight instability and video transmission errors.  None of which existed the day before the updates, none of which existed after ANY of the updates I've performed over the past year.  

After updating, both my P4 and my P4P are too unstable for professional video work, and both have video transmission problems.

So yes, I agree that there are conspiracy posters who will immediately jump down DJI's throat and blame them purposely making our birds sick... (which is totally ridiculous), but it is a mistake for you (or anyone in this forum) to disregard the myriad of valid complaints that many of us share.

If you are not having any problems since the update, maybe you could help the dozens(?) hundreds(?) thousands(?) of us who had our birds knocked out of the air after updating.  How could you help?  Maybe by trying to provide feedback of your own experience updating... maybe by trying to offer suggestions to those who are here asking questions...  or maybe by simply not diminishing those of us who were unlucky enough to have had real and significant problems after the update.

I was lucky enough to not have had a dramatic problem with the dreaded gimbal tilt that has plagued so many, but I didn't criticize the people who were angry about the problem.  I didn't consider it "Fake News" just because I couldn't see it from my house.  I just considered myself lucky and tried to assist those of the community who were frustrated.

Keep in mind, that this forum is not populated with people who are successfully flying in an error-free world.  This is the place people come to find fixes to their problems, so of course, there will be a percentage of people who are angry.  As I have made clear, I don't agree with the conspiracy theorists, and I know that a percentage of the posts are going to be from people making erroneous claims (not realizing that the problem was of their own doing), but when there is repetition in a claim, as there has been after this latest update, the community and especially DJI needs to pay attention.  With the issues from this last update, DJI needs to move very quickly in finding a fix.

2017-7-12
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-12 06:36
Hi all, Maybe DJI needs to parse out the forums for troubleshooting vs industry chat?  Maybe DJI should add a FAQ to this forum so people can get answers to simple questions without feeling the need to start a new thread in a general forum?  

I agree that some people need to drop the ridiculous conspiracy theories and closed minded insults.  That said, I also agree that there are some issues with DJI, some relatively deep corporate ideologies that are not in sync with the customers who have paid so much money to use their products.  

Mabou2, I wouldn't explained it better.
2017-7-12
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-12 06:36

Very well said.

Here are the steps I used. I'm not experiencing the erratic flight issues some are. So far all I have noticed is the bogus high wind warning.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-7-12
Use props
fanseb59af1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6870 ft
Indonesia

I currently have phantom 4. But why there is a message "no signal". And SD card unreadable. Then the camera display is just black only. How i fix it. Do i need to update its firmware. So it can be the way it is
2017-7-12
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

right... it went well for you so it must be everyone else?  Enjoy your koolaid.
2017-7-12
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fanseb59af1a Posted at 2017-7-12 09:25
I currently have phantom 4. But why there is a message "no signal". And SD card unreadable. Then the camera display is just black only. How i fix it. Do i need to update its firmware. So it can be the way it is

Hey Fanseb,  My reality is that a black screen indicates one or more of the components need a software or firmware update.  I've seen this twice before, both times when my mobile device software auto-updated but my firmware  on my drone wasn't updated.

That said, there are issues with the current firmware that are plaguing many of us.  If you find that your mobile device is updated to the latest version, I'd suggest you try to figure out how to downgrade it, rather than upgrading your firmware.  (I don't know if this is even possible, but I would most definitely investigate rather than updating your firmware).
2017-7-12
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

Huh? It went well for me?  I think you missed my point assuming your remark was directed my way.  I acknowledge there are folks that having issues, I'm one of them! My point was there are a bunch of posts about the firmware with no detail or were obviously issues caused but things other than the firmware itself.  So my response to you and your no help koolaid remark is simply, Please go and find the Reverand Jim Jones and ask him for a cup.
2017-7-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI sucks. I just updated my drone and now it doesn't fly and my dairy cow has dried up. I blame DJI.
2017-7-12
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-12 17:45
DJI sucks. I just updated my drone and now it doesn't fly and my dairy cow has dried up. I blame DJI.

That made me chuckle. I have to ask, whiskey or vodka?  
2017-7-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Vincent D Posted at 2017-7-12 19:32
That made me chuckle. I have to ask, whiskey or vodka?

Gin actually.
2017-7-13
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.4
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-12 12:09
Hey Fanseb,  My reality is that a black screen indicates one or more of the components need a software or firmware update.  I've seen this twice before, both times when my mobile device software auto-updated but my firmware  on my drone wasn't updated.

That said, there are issues with the current firmware that are plaguing many of us.  If you find that your mobile device is updated to the latest version, I'd suggest you try to figure out how to downgrade it, rather than upgrading your firmware.  (I don't know if this is even possible, but I would most definitely investigate rather than updating your firmware).

I have a NEW P4P and was apparently forced to do the update since my sticks would not arm the motors and messages of a version conflict.  While updating the aircraft firmware, it said I could revert back to previous version if I don't agree to sign in to fly later.  HOW does one revert back?  My controller will not connect with flashing green/red link light and no video.  It was working out of the box.  
Where are the previous versions located? Thanks.

And on the side..Is it possible to get email notifications to subscribed threads?
2017-7-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was the Drone anywhere near the cow when you calibrated it ('it' of course being the cow, pointed out to save any confusion) that may lead to DCD or 'Dry Cow Disorder' ?

Solution, move drone at least five meters from Cow and recalibrate.

Edit:- Don't stand behind Cow when calibrating, such dangerous practices are not approved.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans417abfbd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

You think you have something to rant about? Try being one of the guys who has spent hard earned money, done everything right and yet they are still unable to fly. Then you WOULD really have something to rant about.
2017-7-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Gin and hair tonic. Hahaha

Actually most DJI folks/guys here have no problems. We just browse the forums for a good giggle....

Learn all there is about your aircraft, before you start the motors....

RedHotPoker
2017-7-13
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.4
Canada

Vincent D Posted at 2017-7-12 17:02
Huh? It went well for me?  I think you missed my point assuming your remark was directed my way.  I acknowledge there are folks that having issues, I'm one of them! My point was there are a bunch of posts about the firmware with no detail or were obviously issues caused but things other than the firmware itself.  So my response to you and your no help koolaid remark is simply, Please go and find the Reverand Jim Jones and ask him for a cup.

It was totally meant for you.  Your smug post completely dismisses real issues that users are experiencing while you prostrate yourself to DJI.  The rear you’re kissing is none of my concern, and I couldn’t possibly care less what topics drive you “insane”… for your own mental health, maybe just try not clicking the link rather than jumping to the conclusions that DJI has for the first time ever, released a flawless update.

If a device works fine prior to an update and new instabilities are introduced after said update, it’s a logical conclusion the update is responsible.  No leaps required.

I don’t see a moderator moniker or DJI avatar in your post, so you’re in no position to dictate what people can and cannot post.  But I’m no hypocrite so carry on with your DJI bootlicking.  I can exercise self-control and opt to not read pointless threads that I don’t like without making threads crying about it.

@Vincent D wrote “So my response to you and your no help koolaid remark is simply, Please go and find the Reverand Jim Jones and ask him for a cup.”

Lol my no help koolaid remark contributed to the community about as much as your belittling of members having problems with DJI firmware…  More so IMHO

You know I’ve had it with?  Over sensitive snowflakes who are so offending by everything everyone does.  Mind your own damn business…  We'd see a lot more progress if not for the sycophants telling DJI everything was great! <-  See how I did that?  
2017-7-13
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

"The rear you’re kissing is none of my concern..."
Totally agreed and is none my business too. My concern is my P4 is grounded/too risky to fly due to the new firmware upgrade.
Please close this non sense thread, we need our energy on the threads where we can find solutions to our issues.
2017-7-13
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-7-13 09:54
It was totally meant for you.  Your smug post completely dismisses real issues that users are experiencing while you prostrate yourself to DJI.  The rear you’re kissing is none of my concern, and I couldn’t possibly care less what topics drive you “insane”… for your own mental health, maybe just try not clicking the link rather than jumping to the conclusions that DJI has for the first time ever, released a flawless update.

If a device works fine prior to an update and new instabilities are introduced after said update, it’s a logical conclusion the update is responsible.  No leaps required.

Again...It seems you missed my point. I was not belittling any member that posted a legitimate issue or  a problem with the firmware. I was more concerned with all silly posts that were blaming things obviously not related to the latest update on it. All it does is cloud the real issues that occurred with latest update and makes it harder for the manufacture to sort out what's legitimate and what's not.

So with that being said, I find it ironic you could care less about my post, yet you broke out your thesaurus and beavered away all night on your not clever post just for me, I'm flattered.  I suggest you simply let this thread go and move on. Please don't forget to find the Reverend for your dixie cup on the way out.
2017-7-13
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I'm like some or most people aren't rich and DJI goes and splits the original app to dji go and dji go 4 and now my ipad 4 which could run the app fine now won't be accepted. Now I have to dish out $600 cnd to get a ipad that will I hope last. I also bought the dji 4 original last year when it was still pretty new and now it feels like it's old and with all i read it's so negative and I'm scared to do the new update (I am technically inclined) because of bricking my p4. I just hope my p4 won't be forgotten by DJI thats all I hope. I do love the help I get from all of you
2017-7-13
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.4
Canada

Vincent D Posted at 2017-7-13 10:58
Again...It seems you missed my point. I was not belittling any member that posted a legitimate issue or  a problem with the firmware. I was more concerned with all silly posts that were blaming things obviously not related to the latest update on it. All it does is cloud the real issues that occurred with latest update and makes it harder for the manufacture to sort out what's legitimate and what's not.

So with that being said, I find it ironic you could care less about my post, yet you broke out your thesaurus and beavered away all night on your not clever post just for me, I'm flattered.  I suggest you simply let this thread go and move on. Please don't forget to find the Reverend for your dixie cup on the way out.

You're cute.   Because you possess a small vocabulary, that means everyone else must use a thesaurus?  You spelled reverend correctly this post so you're improving.  

Your point wasn't missed or misinterpreted... I think I have a pretty good grasp on what you were trying to achieve.  In order... Kiss up to DJI, Tell everyone they're too stupid to know the root of their issues, and don't post about your problems unless it aligns with DJI's agenda.  Did I miss anything?

@Vincent D said "So with that being said, I find it ironic you could care less about my post"  Never typed that.  I know I'm talking to someone with second grade academic abilities... nonetheless my post is still up there unedited.  I said "The rear you’re kissing is none of my concern, and I couldn’t possibly care less what topics drive you insane".  So we're clear that means I don't care about you personally.  This thread now has my undivided attention.  Next time I'll strive to choose single syllable words so you don't have to use a dictionary.
2017-7-13
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok gents... totally unproductive at this point.  Ahem... dial it in boys or you are both going to get a timeout.
2017-7-13
Use props
bugbee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167556 ft

United States

ha ha, that was funny. "Cow has dried up", you do know the chickens were not meant to fly, but do they still lay eggs?  Sorry, couldn't resist.
2017-7-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-7-13 11:47
I'm like some or most people aren't rich and DJI goes and splits the original app to dji go and dji go 4 and now my ipad 4 which could run the app fine now won't be accepted. Now I have to dish out $600 cnd to get a ipad that will I hope last. I also bought the dji 4 original last year when it was still pretty new and now it feels like it's old and with all i read it's so negative and I'm scared to do the new update (I am technically inclined) because of bricking my p4. I just hope my p4 won't be forgotten by DJI thats all I hope. I do love the help I get from all of you

Hi. If the issues you're having with the iPad 4 are the video transmission break ups, it may be cheaper to try out the latest Litchi before you commit to buying a  newer generation iPad. As a worst case, it'd give you another option to DJI GO and it does autonomous waypoint missions.
2017-7-13
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-13 17:57
Hi. If the issues you're having with the iPad 4 are the video transmission break ups, it may be cheaper to try out the latest Litchi before you commit to buying a  newer generation iPad. As a worst case, it'd give you another option to DJI GO and it does autonomous waypoint missions.

Hi, no I'm not talking about the Ipad 4 Mini, I mean the Ipad 4th gen ipad. The software says it won't work with the device. It's because of the chip it uses. They say it's too "old" but when we had the old software it did work totally fine. I guess I could try litchi. Does that software work well with all firmware versions DJI produces? I assume I need to update everything then use the Litchi software?
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-7-14 05:22
Hi, no I'm not talking about the Ipad 4 Mini, I mean the Ipad 4th gen ipad. The software says it won't work with the device. It's because of the chip it uses. They say it's too "old" but when we had the old software it did work totally fine. I guess I could try litchi. Does that software work well with all firmware versions DJI produces? I assume I need to update everything then use the Litchi software?

And the iPad fourth generation (A6X chip) will not be supported by IOS 11 when released later this year, so that could be a stumbling point for it.
2017-7-14
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-14 05:37
And the iPad fourth generation (A6X chip) will not be supported by IOS 11 when released later this year, so that could be a stumbling point for it.

Yikes, Im going to put it up for sell asap. They still go for a few hundred canadian on kijiji.
2017-7-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-7-14 07:39
Yikes, Im going to put it up for sell asap. They still go for a few hundred canadian on kijiji.

Right at the bottom of this webpage is their compatibility list.

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/ios-11-preview/
2017-7-14
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

rum

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-7-11 22:32
its all users fault. ALWAYS. dont even think try to complain if you need real help in this forum. you will get bashed like hell frpm hardcore DJI lover for stupidness. they just dont want hear anybody say something bad about their beloved DJI product.
nobody want hear our complains even many people suffering from bricked drones which worked fine before the update. i already gave up to say anything against these people here. is useless. you cant discuss. so just keep silent like DJI doing it for those who have issues because buggy firmwares. {:4_117:}

Several as they say from my neck of the woods are whats called DJI ASSLICKERS on THIS forum you,ll soon find out who they are Pssssssst i'll give ya a clue to one of the BIGGEST his name starts with a G and ends with an X
2017-7-14
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.4
Canada

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-7-13 12:09
Ok gents... totally unproductive at this point.  Ahem... dial it in boys or you are both going to get a timeout.

I beg your pardon.

What's with this thread that makes posters think they can tell others how to behave or what they can and cannot post?  You're not a moderator either.  If you have a problem with a post hit the report button or ignore it.  Those are your two choices.

This entire thread is unproductive and serves only as a platform for bootlicks to bully members experiencing problems with the firmware.

/btw My posts are entirely kosher.  No personal attacks, no swearing.  Just observations.  I always fly within the rules.
2017-7-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules