It's been over 8 months and DJI still hasn't fixed my osmo problem.
784 9 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans02c41ee3
lvl.1
United States

I don't know where else to go as online support and product returns halve not solved my problem of my osmo mobile refusing to charge.

Last talked with online support was supposed to get upper level support to contact me but it has never happened.  Over a week now.

Last case number is :
  Cas-691695-N9M2F5
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our product, have you tried to connect the Osmo Mobile to computer with the charging cable? How does the indicator shows? How about changing another battery or cable? We would appreciate if you could provide more information and we would like to help you out.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans02c41ee3
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I don't know why I can't see this thread in the forums anymore.  Had to use your link.  Thank you.

Plugging in the osmo mobile to charge in a computer results in the same as a charging block, nothing.  No lights, or anything.  

I don't  have a spare battery or charging cable as its  a proprietary charging cable.   After going through about 4 batteries from DJI, I'm assuming its not a battery issue.  The batteries which i received from DJI that were precharged worked fine but the osmo would not charge them.  I did receive a couple of dead batteries from DJI.

I returned the OSMO mobile with the battery and charging cable, in which DJI sent back a different Osmo mobile, different serial number.  Same cable and Dead battery sent back.  Not sure why DJI didn't test the charging cable as it would be simple.

Everytime I've contacted online support, they say its the battery and send it back.  Have been doing this for months and months, wish I could get in touch with a real tech support person who could tell me what I need to know and not wait a couple weeks for a new battery every time.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans02c41ee3 Posted at 2017-7-12 19:02
Hi, I don't know why I can't see this thread in the forums anymore.  Had to use your link.  Thank you.

Plugging in the osmo mobile to charge in a computer results in the same as a charging block, nothing.  No lights, or anything.  

In that case, maybe the charging cable doesn't work well. Do you have any friends who also own the Osmo Mobile, it would be better to borrow another cable to have a try.
I sincerely apologize for all the trouble has been caused and your valuable time, if you cannot borrow the cable, I suggest to send in Osmo mobile, battery, charging cable for another evaluation.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans02c41ee3
lvl.1
United States

I've already done that, but I think they never checked the charging cable.   I mean nobody could tell me what was done or changed.    I keep sending stuff back but still the same problem over and over.  How do I know this is going to be different this time as its been over 8 months of this sending stuff back and forth.   Why can't anyone tell me they tested what I send back and report their findings.  

If you can tell me how to test the charging cable, that would be great.  Nobody with online support could tell me that.  All they say is to send stuff back.  Then wait about 3 weeks after receiving my item which takes about a week to get there.

I feel like I'm just going in circles with DJI support.   I wish I could just communicate with someone in charge or knows how to trouble shoot the Osmo.

If I knew someone with an Osmo I would have asked them to test my battery and cable.  I mean why does DJI use a cable different than a standard usb connection cable?
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans02c41ee3 Posted at 2017-7-13 04:12
I've already done that, but I think they never checked the charging cable.   I mean nobody could tell me what was done or changed.    I keep sending stuff back but still the same problem over and over.  How do I know this is going to be different this time as its been over 8 months of this sending stuff back and forth.   Why can't anyone tell me they tested what I send back and report their findings.  

If you can tell me how to test the charging cable, that would be great.  Nobody with online support could tell me that.  All they say is to send stuff back.  Then wait about 3 weeks after receiving my item which takes about a week to get there.

We sympathize with your situation, Mindy has informed our appropriate team to look into this case, we will have someone contact you soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans02c41ee3
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, I did receive a call this morning after I had left.   They are sending another USB charging cable for exchange.   Hope this works as my battery is almost dead and not sure if a completely dead battery will still charge or not.   
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans02c41ee3 Posted at 2017-7-13 18:06
Thank you, I did receive a call this morning after I had left.   They are sending another USB charging cable for exchange.   Hope this works as my battery is almost dead and not sure if a completely dead battery will still charge or not.

Hope it works. Anyway, should you have any further question, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans02c41ee3
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-14 00:34
Hope it works. Anyway, should you have any further question, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a remind, thanks.

Received an external charger today, so it does solve my problem of charging the Osmo mobile battery.   But I guess its better than waiting for another usb charging cable which may or may not work.  More bulky to pack when traveling but I do appreciate the quick replies here and the quick delivery.  

Will test this out for a week to make sure everything is working properly.  Next trip less than 2 months away and excited to use this for traveling since I got it last year.

Have faith again in DJI and looking forward to a drone in the near future.

Thank you everyone again.  
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans02c41ee3 Posted at 2017-7-14 20:36
Received an external charger today, so it does solve my problem of charging the Osmo mobile battery.   But I guess its better than waiting for another usb charging cable which may or may not work.  More bulky to pack when traveling but I do appreciate the quick replies here and the quick delivery.  

Will test this out for a week to make sure everything is working properly.  Next trip less than 2 months away and excited to use this for traveling since I got it last year.

Appreciate your feedback and update, we are pleased to know all has been sorted out properly.
Hope you will have great experience with it for your coming trip!
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules