Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Step by Step Downgrade from v1.9.20 to v1.5.70
30037 28 2017-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonlee
Captain
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Here is my success method, hope this method can help you.

Phantom 3 Standard Firmware downgrade instruction.

(I done with using Android devices, For IOS not testing)

1.Make sure RC & Battery is 100% fully charged.

2.Download and install the latest DJI Go apps v3.1.7 (Android).

3.Take out the SDCARD from the P3S gimbal and use PC (Windows) to format it then insert back to the gimbal.

4.Power the RC then connect your Android devices WiFi to RC, after connected then run DJI GO app.

5.Power on the aircraft and wait for the connection between RC to Aircraft. After success, the RC light will get solid green and now on your Android devices DJI GO should ask you press the (CAMERA)! No need to press it just stay on the main GO app screen.

6.On the DJI Go main page, press and hold the upper corner right that 3 lines for few second then it will bring you to manual select firmware page.

7. Click the arrow and select firmware (1.9.20) then press Start Upgrade. (It will take about 10~25 minutes to finish, patient and wait)

8.After firmware v1.9.20 upgrade success, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, Exit the DJI Go app, take out the SDCARD from the aircraft put into PC and format it.

9.Download the firmware v1.8.10 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal. (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.08.0100.bin)

10.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish. (Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

11.Download the firmware v1.7.9 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal. (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.07.0090.bin)

12.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish. (Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

13.Download the firmware v1.6.8 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal. (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.06.0080.bin)

14.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish. (Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC.

15.Download the firmware v1.5.7 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal. (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.05.0070.bin)

16.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft and it will run firmware update/downgrade automatic and just wait to finish. (Keep watching the DJI Go will prompt you the firmware update when done), After done, Power off the aircraft, Power off the RC, exit the DJI Go, Take out the SDCARD and format it using PC then insert back to the gimbal.

17.Power on the RC and connect your Android WiFi to RC then Run DJI Go app. Now power on the Aircraft wait until all devices connected and now press (CAMERA), Do the (IMU) calibration, then do (Gimbal) calibration, then do (Compass) calibration.

And now your aircraft should back to v1.5.70+ firmware.

***Note***

After the firmware upgrade/downgrade, all the setting will back to default setting, you may need to re-do your Max attitude limit to (500m) and do not enable this Distance Limit.

Screenshot_20170708-103520.jpg

Screenshot_20170708-103555.jpg

Screenshot_20170708-103549.jpg

2017-7-11
Use props
Saskebaby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Thanks for sharing...
2017-7-12
Use props
hitz
lvl.1
Malaysia

Thank for sharing too.
2017-7-16
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

The latest  DJI Go apps v3.1.7 (Android) is version 3.1.8.  Will that make a difference.  I was able to do this correctly down to step 11.  But at that point I was no able to get it to downgrade to 1.7.9.  It just doesn't see it.  Any suggestions?

Edited:  Never mind, I figured it out.  I had too many letters in the .bin file name.  I downloaded it twice, and the second one had a (2) in the file name.  It did not like that!

Edited again:  When you download the .bin file, it will put additional characters in the file name.  At least mine did.  The downloaded file became P3C_FW_V01.06.0080(1).bin
I had to rename it and remove the (1) before it would work.
2017-7-24
Use props
chechoaccietto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254347 ft
Argentina

Does work better?
2017-7-24
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

I completed the entire project with only the minor problem explained above concerned and incorrect file name.  My P3S is now back to v1.5.70+.  I did have a little problem with the Go app.  On  startup, the screen would go black and crash.  I'm using a Samsung Note 3 smart phone for this.  I do have two other tablet, but they are not listed as comparable.  The Note 3 is.  I had to close and open it a couple of time for it to stay open.  Might have just been a fluke because of all the updates I was installing.  You can tell that the update is installing by the LED on the camera.  It will flash red and green while updating.  When it goes solid green, the update is complete and the drone will emit a Dah-dit-dit tone.  It's too late to flight test tonight, but will do so tomorrow.

After going through all of this, I don't remember why we would want to go back to v1.5.70+.  Did it have something to do with range on the P3S?
2017-7-24
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

djordan2 Posted at 2017-7-24 20:09
I completed the entire project with only the minor problem explained above concerned and incorrect file name.  My P3S is now back to v1.5.70+.  I did have a little problem with the Go app.  On  startup, the screen would go black and crash.  I'm using a Samsung Note 3 smart phone for this.  I do have two other tablet, but they are not listed as comparable.  The Note 3 is.  I had to close and open it a couple of time for it to stay open.  Might have just been a fluke because of all the updates I was installing.  You can tell that the update is installing by the LED on the camera.  It will flash red and green while updating.  When it goes solid green, the update is complete and the drone will emit a Dah-dit-dit tone.  It's too late to flight test tonight, but will do so tomorrow.

After going through all of this, I don't remember why we would want to go back to v1.5.70+.  Did it have something to do with range on the P3S?

Some did mentioned 1.5.7 so far the best for range but most of the people did try other method from other forum but the last is failed to downgrade back to 1.5.7.

I have not yet proper test fly yet because my country here have bad weather and haze, i hope you can have good test and feedback to me.

Thanks Sir.

Regards,
Nelson
2017-7-24
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-24 21:15
Some did mentioned 1.5.7 so far the best for range but most of the people did try other method from other forum but the last is failed to downgrade back to 1.5.7.

I have not yet proper test fly yet because my country here have bad weather and haze, i hope you can have good test and feedback to me.

Maybe tonight I'll have a chance to test it.  I work during the day.  Wind is a big problem here now.  And since I live in the Mojave desert, it is kinda hot outside.  But when I do I'll post  the results. I do have the ARgtek antennas on my Standard.  Even with them I was only able to get about 1,200 feet in range.

The only problem I had was with the file name itself.  My download changed the name with the added (1) just before the .bin extension. It took me a little time to figure that out.  Also, my Note3 was crashing a few times during the process.  It has never done that before.  We'll see...
2017-7-25
Use props
chechoaccietto
lvl.1
Argentina

why do you recommend the firmware v1.5.70?
2017-7-25
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

I completed the downgrade yesterday.  I'm now at 1.5.70+.  However, I can't see where it made any difference in the flight characteristics of my P3S.  I have installed the ARgtek panels, and I still can only go out about 900 feet.  In that regard there was no change.  Within that range the drone flew perfectly.  The bad thing is that now I can not use my Samsung Note3 smart phone.  The Go  program fails to open, and when it does open, it crashes constantly.   It is  version 3.1.8, the latest.  I'm going to experiment and take it back to an earlier version to see what that does.  I also tried my Samsung Tab A.  That opened properly here at the house.  It has Go version 3.1.3.  I'm also going to remove my ARgtek mod and go back to the regular small antenna.  I've never had any luck with that antenna Mod.

It's too late here now to do any more flying, so I will have to complete the job tomorrow.  I'm pretty convinced that my drone is the range problem, and not the firmware. I just don't know what.
2017-7-25
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

Okay...here's an update.  I just deleted Go App version 3.1.8 from my Samsung Note 3 smart phone for reasons stated above.  I then installed version 3.1.3 on the Note 3.  It seems to work just fine.  At least I was able to start the motors on my P3S and see the camera view on my workbench.   I'll test fly tomorrow.
2017-7-25
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

chechoaccietto Posted at 2017-7-25 13:18
why do you recommend the firmware v1.5.70?

Some people think that it is the best and most stable version.  l don't know!  But I'll try anything.  I've tried a variety of firmware versions, and a variety of Go app versions, as well as a couple of antenna mods. But nothing seems to work for me to increase my range.   The best I can get in open desert country is about 1,200 feet.  If I want to go out far, I just fire up the old reliable P3 Pro.  That thing goes for ever.  But I would like to find out what is wrong with Standard.  Other than the short range, it fly perfectly.
2017-7-25
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

Today I was finally able to give my P3 Standard a complete test flight.  Since the ARgtek antenna mod did absolutely nothing for me in the way of range increase, I took it back off and installed a simple Windsurfer mod.  I flew for 15 minutes with no problems at all.  My range increased to 2,200 feet, which is all I can ever expect from the Standard.  My altitude was 175 feet.  I didn't try any of the special flight programs.  I just flew high and low over the desert, even chasing some guys on motorcycles for a while.  I was high enough that they never knew I was even up there.  I landed several times by camera view at about 200 feet distance from the Home Point.  I had a little trouble on one of the landing.  The camera view looked like the area was flat.  It was not!  I landed manually and shut the engines off.  Then restarted and attempted to take off.  The Drone tipped over on its side.  I walked out to where it was sitting and realized I landed on an incline.  No harm done.  All other landing and flights were normal.  As a test, I went up to 605 feet high, took some video and then came back down.  I'm happy!  If I need to go out farther than 2,200 feet, I'll use my P3 Pro.
2017-7-29
Use props
chechoaccietto
lvl.1
Argentina

djordan2 Posted at 2017-7-29 17:09
Today I was finally able to give my P3 Standard a complete test flight.  Since the ARgtek antenna mod did absolutely nothing for me in the way of range increase, I took it back off and installed a simple Windsurfer mod.  I flew for 15 minutes with no problems at all.  My range increased to 2,200 feet, which is all I can ever expect from the Standard.  My altitude was 175 feet.  I didn't try any of the special flight programs.  I just flew high and low over the desert, even chasing some guys on motorcycles for a while.  I was high enough that they never knew I was even up there.  I landed several times by camera view at about 200 feet distance from the Home Point.  I had a little trouble on one of the landing.  The camera view looked like the area was flat.  It was not!  I landed manually and shut the engines off.  Then restarted and attempted to take off.  The Drone tipped over on its side.  I walked out to where it was sitting and realized I landed on an incline.  No harm done.  All other landing and flights were normal.  As a test, I went up to 605 feet high, took some video and then came back down.  I'm happy!  If I need to go out farther than 2,200 feet, I'll use my P3 Pro.

I'm happy to read that you finally could have a good fly..
So, do you recommend the firmware v1.5.70?
2017-7-29
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

Honestly, I haven't had much trouble with any of the firmware updates.  I can't really say which is best.  I just know that I could get much better range when I first got my Standard last year.  So I'm thinking that an earlier update would be better.  I was mainly looking for range that was equal to what I had last year.  I seem to have that with this 1.5.70+ update.  My Standard always flew well, it just seemed to be losing range with later updates.  I never was able to get more than 2,300-2,500 feet,  even when it was new.  So I"m happy with what I'm getting now.  I'll do no more updates if I can help it.
2017-7-29
Use props
Nelsonlee
Captain
  • >>>
Malaysia

djordan2 Posted at 2017-7-29 22:47
Honestly, I haven't had much trouble with any of the firmware updates.  I can't really say which is best.  I just know that I could get much better range when I first got my Standard last year.  So I'm thinking that an earlier update would be better.  I was mainly looking for range that was equal to what I had last year.  I seem to have that with this 1.5.70+ update.  My Standard always flew well, it just seemed to be losing range with later updates.  I never was able to get more than 2,300-2,500 feet,  even when it was new.  So I"m happy with what I'm getting now.  I'll do no more updates if I can help it.

Maybe you can try not to use DJI GO app to fly, try use litchi and see got any improvement or not?
2017-7-30
Use props
Sparky Ibragimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7346 ft
Philippines

Is it better than the newest firmware update?
2017-7-30
Use props
djordan2
First Officer
United States

I can't pass judgement on any of the firmware updates.  As I said, the only real issue I've had with my Standard was decreasing range over time.  I know there were some FW updates that had some serious issues, but I never downloaded  and install. them.   I just read about them and the problems they caused on this forum.  By the time I got around to updating, a newer FW corrected the issues.  When I need to go out farther than the Standard will take me, I use my P3 Pro.  It goes for ever!  The Standard was the first drone I bought.  I knew at the time that it did not have great range.  I didn't think I would care about range.  But it didn't take me long to figure out just how much fun the Phantoms was.  I use the Pro to fly search patterns in open desert and in the mountains.  I like to look for odd things to go out and explore with my quad motorcycle and metal detector.

I'll fly out with the Pro about a half mile at 100 feet in altitude and then move over about fifty yards to the left or right and come back filming all the way.  I'll do this for as many batteries as I have.  Then I'll go home and look at the video on my computer trying to find neat places or things to go out on foot and explore.  I've found some pretty strange things doing that.

As far as Litchi is concerned, I don't need it, nor do I want to spend the money to get it. The DJI Go app and my Pro will do everything I want.
2017-7-30
Use props
woorymo
lvl.1

Netherlands

www.lendingclubreview.com/pink-nike-womens-shoes21788
cheap green nike mens shoes
nike skateboarding mens shoes for sale
shoesflins.com/new-nike77367
http://www.thevipshoesfind.com/nike-air-force-1-24852
www.thevipshoesfind.com/nike-cortez-23154
adidas pas cher
adidas nmd cs femme pas cher
www.loveshoesin.com/nike-air-72147
nike womens collections for sale
nike air max bw premium homme pas cher
http://www.shoesmein.com/nike-jordan-fly-89-24775
http://www.vinatrend.com/adidas-nmd-hausschuhe
www.vinatrend.com/adidas-ultra-boost-x
2018-6-27
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

A reply to an old thread..... Earlier this week I tried to incrementally downgrade 1.9.2 to 1.5.7 without using the app. Each downgrade required only 3 or 4 minutes before the status led went solid green. Checked the log file and each downgrade attempt ended with 'ABORTED' yet the 3.1.11 app/settings/about indicated the downgraded FW version as if every thing went just as intended. I sensed impending problems after seeing the 'ABORTS' so I backed off and re-installed 1.9.2
The only settings I had to make was re-calibration of the IMU and compass.
Flew two batteries the next day and my refurbished P3S still flies fine w/o signal loss out to nearly 3400 feet over densly forested rural area.

If a few others try using the OP's method and have log files indicating 'successful' result on each downgrade along with non-placebo improved results I may try his method. Yet, at this time I'm starting to believe DJI Admins saying that downgrading from 1.9.2 is no longer possible yet I am convinced that 1.9.2 is not directly the cause of app issues. Instead, I believe each successive app version is more a system hog which definately results in lag and instability of the app. A display device with 2 gigs ram used to be the norm, now 3 gigs is strongly recommended by DJI

There's also no way to confirm the compatibility of of RC firmware to the AC since upgrading or downgrading using the SD card method has no effect on the RC and battery once the SD card has been fully re-formatted.   

2018-6-28
Use props
Sioto Fine
New

Fiji

very useful
2018-7-3
Use props
djordan2
First Officer

I just wanted to update you guys on the status of my P3S after doing the above firmware downgrade.  I know it's been a while.  But I completely forgot about this thread.  Above,  I stated that I did the downgrade and was getting about 2,500 feet range.  At the time, I was happy with that.  After all, it is a P3Standard.  When I wanted a greater range, I flew the P3Pro.

Okay, fast forward to a couple of months ago.  About April or May.  I was flying my Standard and did a dumb thing, which resulted in a minor crash. I sent the Drone to DJI for repair.  As expected, they charged me a small fee and then just sent me a completely different P3S.  That was fine with me because the shell on my old one was getting pretty dirty and scratched up.  The replacement looks brand new.   So I took it out for a quick test flight.  I launched and started out in the open desert at about 150 feet of altitude.  I just wanted to make sure I could at least get the same  2,500 range that the old one got.  To my astonishment, when I reach the 2,500 feet mark the drone just keep going under full control.  So I just kept the right stick forward to see just how far it would go.  When I reached 6,400 feet, I got nervous and hit the RTH button.  I'm sure I could have gone a little farther.  I don't know what the heck they did to this thing, but with range like that, I'm never going to do another firmware update.  I have no mods on the antenna system and no other mods at all.  I couldn't be happier with my Standard.
2018-7-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
First Officer
Denmark

i am getting 1.5 km with windsurfer and litchi app and firmware 1.7.9 inside the city and not flat ground
2018-7-12
Use props
Kuromo
New
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Spain

I came to this thread since this is the first time I have been having issues with my P3S. I continuosly having RC signal lost after the 1.9 update (through DJO Go app on android phone). Even with RC re-link to the AC. I also get "weak signal" message so I cannot see the camera in many opportunities. So I am quite frustrated with this.

After reading most of the messages it is not clear to me if it is the FW update or something else that I should try. What do you guys recommend me?
2018-8-7
Use props
Nomad707
New

United States

I had a 1.9.2 FW p3s given to me for free because of its non working condition, due to bad firmware. (1.9.2) I used this guide and before even flying i have regained the camera, and the controller stopped losing connection. Cannot fly yet due to rain but will update again after flight. Couldnt go more then 30 feet away before. I used this downgrade method on 3/9/21.
2021-3-9
Use props
djibest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1385 ft

Ukraine

18.Download the firmware v1.5.7 here and extract xxxx.bin to root of the SDCARD + create file P3C_FW_DEBUG on SDCARD then put it back to the gimbal and reflash v1.5.7 again . (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.05.0070.bin)
2021-4-14
Use props
HeliSteveNZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149469 ft
New Zealand

I bought a second-hand unit and straight away had issues with trying to connect with the RC WiFi, the image was stuttery and any distance away and the video link started dropping out after 200m. After a lot of searching and testing I found downgrading to FW 1.08.10 solved my issues and could get a range of 550-600m. After completing the Power Magic upgrade I can go further. I downgraded and upgraded the FW twice to confirm my findings. I am supprised that DJI hadn't solved this issue.
2021-8-8
Use props
ruangstudy
New

Malaysia

I came to this forum since this is the first time I've had problems with my P3S. I'm still losing RC signal with the Tafsiran 1.9 update (using the DJO Go app on my Android phone). Even with RC, reconnect to the AC. I also receive "weak signal" messages, which means I can't view the camera in numerous situations. As a result, I'm extremely frustrated.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ruangstudy Posted at 8-10 23:08
I came to this forum since this is the first time I've had problems with my P3S. I'm still losing RC signal with the Tafsiran 1.9 update (using the DJO Go app on my Android phone). Even with RC, reconnect to the AC. I also receive "weak signal" messages, which means I can't view the camera in numerous situations. As a result, I'm extremely frustrated.

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We’re sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules