Inspire 1 Beta Testing Program is launched(Closed)
1234Next >
26915 153 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sandbergdr
lvl.1

United States

How do I apply for beta program?
2015-3-30
Use props
sandbergdr
lvl.1

United States

Is it too late to participate?
2015-3-30
Use props
mod
lvl.1

Hungary

I had an issue with my account and found out that I had to relogin to be able to get into the official DJI forum and access the PDF files and missed the deadline by a few hours....
so I am hoping to still get in since I wrote beta@dji.com an e-mail to please add me in. hope it'll go...

fingers crossed.
Martin
2015-3-30
Use props
jmboto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6781407 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

They are already checking logs. Be patient.
2015-3-30
Use props
RolandCPT
lvl.1

South Africa

How do i get involved?  I can't see the button anywhere and it is not 00h00 yet...at least where i live it is not.
2015-3-30
Use props
cfuenzalidaroja
New

Chile

mis disculpas,,, cometi un error al pegar el link
2015-3-30
Use props
cfuenzalidaroja
New

Chile

mis disculpas cometi un error copiando el link
2015-3-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The signup ends on the 30th.  I would expect after that.  The test ends on the 10th.  Hopefully the firmware releases shortly there after.
2015-3-30
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-31 06:22
The signup ends on the 30th.  I would expect after that.  The test ends on the 10th.  Hopefully the  ...

And when will be the participants informed about being successful or not?
2015-3-30
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't see the I want to participate link at all...
2015-3-30
Use props
RolandCPT
lvl.1

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-31 06:22
The signup ends on the 30th.  I would expect after that.  The test ends on the 10th.  Hopefully the  ...

Hey Tahoe,
I tried to sign up last night but could not find the link icon as per the instructions.   Is it closed?  Would love to do some beta testing in sunny Cape Town, South Africa.
2015-3-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If it was China time, it was closed.
2015-3-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

People should be contacted shortly if accepted.
2015-3-31
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-4-1 02:54
People should be contacted shortly if accepted.

This is exciting. Also- Hat tip to the beta team if they are working out of Shenzhen. Looks like the team is working overnight to get this test up as quickly as possible.  
2015-3-31
Use props
RolandCPT
lvl.1

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-1 02:42
If it was China time, it was closed.

Damn, i missed it!  Will they open it up again or is it only to test the latest firmware?
2015-3-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RolandCPT Posted at 2015-4-1 05:55
Damn, i missed it!  Will they open it up again or is it only to test the latest firmware?

The firmware continues to evolve.  My guess is that we will be asking for firmware testing into the future.  Stay tuned, we will be asking again.
2015-3-31
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-CS,

Beta testers should have a private thread to discuss the firmware as well as submitting all the beta test results from flying with the firmware that is requested by DJI.
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

Is there an explanation for installation on a Mac/iPad over an existing Pilot app?
2015-4-1
Use props
uhandlos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1052612 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i have deleted the 1.02 app on the iOS device and installed the beta .ipa via ifunbox.
at tthis moment i upgrade the beta fw to the i1 - it looks ok, so far
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could we please have a private forum for the beta testers?
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-1 23:07
Is there an explanation for installation on a Mac/iPad over an existing Pilot app?

I got the new Pilot installed, and in loading the Inspire via the camera microSD with the .bin file, the thing seems to be loading...same sound as the last upgrade...but the rear light is steady red. Been about 5 minutes so far.
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 01:23
I got the new Pilot installed, and in loading the Inspire via the camera microSD with the .bin fil ...

Your fine takes around 20-25 minutes.  Just wait for the da dada instead of da da da da
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 01:23
I got the new Pilot installed, and in loading the Inspire via the camera microSD with the .bin fil ...

Controller didn't take the usb upgrade so I reformatted the thumb drive, loaded the files and success...the controller is  upgraded. Now...waiting for the steady red light on the tail to go out. 20 minutes thus far.
2015-4-1
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
Croatia

Are you testing only the aircraft or also the camera? I would be interested into improving the camera!!!
best zeitlinger
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

boogieman77.gma Posted at 2015-4-2 01:34
Your fine takes around 20-25 minutes.  Just wait for the da dada instead of da da da da

red light or yellow??
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

Linking RC menu does not continue to the Inspire red button
2015-4-1
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have a red light after 25min and the camera made some small adjustments you should be good with the firmware.  turn it off and take the SD card out and check the text file.  Open it and see if it says success.
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

drklion Posted at 2015-4-2 02:49
If you have a red light after 25min and the camera made some small adjustments you should be good  ...

said success but RC won't link...light stays red on Inspire tail
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 02:51
said success but RC won't link...light stays red on Inspire tail

Reloaded microSD and red light remained on; generated text file "abort" re: software on Inspire same as or newer than chip. Thus it seems to have upgraded the quad, upgraded the controller and left things:
1. red light on Inspire tail
2. RC not linked; menu seems missing after "Linking RC" and "ARE YOU SURE"
3. RC reports disconnected and controls inop
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 02:59
Reloaded microSD and red light remained on; generated text file "abort" re: software on Inspire sa ...

Relink controller.  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t& ... 9uRifea-bbTjufrYf9w
2015-4-1
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 02:59
Reloaded microSD and red light remained on; generated text file "abort" re: software on Inspire sa ...

Pressing orange/red button in Inspire and then the controller link command "ARE YOU SURE" does nothing.

DOA...red light on tail of Inspire and controller not linked.
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-4-2 03:11
Pressing orange/red button in Inspire and then the controller link command "ARE YOU SURE" does not ...

You must open the app first go into controller and choose relink.  after you confirm that you wish to relink press the button on the inspire.  make sure controller is set to master also.  I simply powered on controller then opened app.  got to main screen then remote. had it ready to link but didnt press yet. powered up inspire let it finish initializing then choose relink on the app started its countdown then pressed the link button on the inspire.
2015-4-1
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Process of controller, then craft then batteries?  Want to be safe as there did not appear to be instructions in package.  Last firmware went fine for me but now concerned after seeing other had challenges.
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-4-2 04:29
Process of controller, then craft then batteries?  Want to be safe as there did not appear to be ins ...

Followed older directions for .17 and everything went smooth just follow the directions!  
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I will make the upgrading process simple. Format the SD card. Do a clean install of the v.XX bin file. Insert the SD card into the camera. Do not turn the Tx on, do not start the App. Turn on the Inspire and listen to the beeps da da da da da(4times) that the camera produces. When it consistently beeps dah, dah-dah. It is done and you can turn the Inspire off. Remove the SD card and read the txt file. It should say success or cancel. Both indicate that you have completed the upgrade. Now to the Tx. Format a USB drive and install the v.17 bin file. Insert the USB drive in the USB port on the Tx and then power the Tx. After a few minutes it will begin to beep. When the beeps stop and the led turns green you are done. You can power down the Tx and remove the USB drive. I would check the txt file on the root directory just to confirm success. That completes the upgrade process. Power the Tx, then the App and then the Inspire.

If the Tx and the Inspire are not bound you can go into the App and click on bind the Tx. Make sure that you press the small button on the Inspire so the Rx led is blinking red.

The small bind button?
When looking a the craft from behind on the right hand side. You will see the Rx led. To the right of that is a small indentation that has the switch. Press it with a paper clip or other small device. The led will pulsate red. Then go to the App and bind.
Turn the tx on and connect to the App. Start the Inspire you will have a fast yellow flashing. From the back of the craft, on the right hand side you will see a red led. Next to that led is a indentation that is the binding switch. Push that with a paper clip or similar device and the led will blink red. Go into the App under the Tx tab and click bind. You should be done. Or you can reference the manual
In the manual page 32
2015-4-1
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Much appreciated, so it's just stupid simple and pretend like never asked.  Dang forums make me question these things.
2015-4-1
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Guys make sure you leave the Inspire 1 on long enough to do the update.

The process should be

1) Copy firmware to root of SD card (use the card that came with the Inspire 1)
2) Take Inspire 1 out of travel mode
3) Turn off the controller and Inspire 1 and attach camera
4) Turn on the Inspire 1 only (leave controller off)

It will now play a series of beeps, it appears to do some different ones at the start and then about 10 seconds later you will hear like 4 beeps   d-d-d-d   for approx 15 minutes or more it will continue this, it will also stop the beeps and then start it again.

Only when you hear deeeee-dd thats when you should turn it off.

The lights will flash yellow at first, and then go solid red for a long period of time. Only when you hear the beeps above is when you turn it off.

Now update the controller by plugging a usb stick into the back of it with the SD card.

It will start the update process in about 30 seconds and the light will turn blue

When the light is green again, turn off the controller and unplug the USB.

Now you have updated the Inspire 1 and Controller (make sure to leave the firmware on the card so that it will update any batteries you use when it starts up)

On the SD card you should see the result below in the text file WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.xx.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-4-2 04:36
Much appreciated, so it's just stupid simple and pretend like never asked.  Dang forums make me ques ...

Yes sir super easy...  Even a caveman could do it.  I did the inspire first then the controllers.  I do not use the app while doing this either

EDIT::::  DJI WE REALLY NEED A BETA FORUM!!!!!
2015-4-1
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Second that, or a list of usernames included so that can PM on RCG assuming same user names (since appears PM not working on this one).
2015-4-1
Use props
boogieman77.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-4-2 04:42
Second that, or a list of usernames included so that can PM on RCG assuming same user names (since a ...

I dont want to post anything revealing in here because of the NDA.  But we do need a place we can discuss.
2015-4-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules