how to update the software using DJI Assistant 2?
24203 34 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have a spark with the common issues (video lag, transmission problem, range problem, black sceen, etc) and DJI support sent my a fix so I need to update using DJI assistant 2 which I installed on my mac but after that what should i do??!!
2017-7-12
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I also just received the message, and have a few questions, maybe a mod could answer.... 1. Will this new software void my warranty if a bug in this firmware causes damage or loss of control to my Spark ?   2. Can I downgrade to the current release software at any time ?
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plug in your Spark to the USB port on your Mac,  wait a few seconds for the Mac to recognize the Spark.  See video below

2017-7-12
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thanks but I can't see the Spark icon in the Assistant app, even though my spark is plugged to my Mac
2017-7-12
Use props
Hioctane Cyrus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45289 ft
United Kingdom

You have turned the Spark on?
2017-7-12
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

Not to hijack but I am unable to see flight logs in Assistant 2 or download black box data, it just seems to stall out. Could be related...
2017-7-12
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hioctane Cyrus Posted at 2017-7-12 05:33
You have turned the Spark on?

yes I did turn it on
2017-7-12
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

is that the location to download the assistant?
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like its a driver issue
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The most recent version of the DJI Assistant 2 for MAC can be found here:
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-7-12
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Will this new software void my warranty if a bug in this firmware causes damage or loss of control to my Spark ?  

Can I downgrade to the current release software at any time ?
2017-7-12
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-12 05:48
The most recent version of the DJI Assistant 2 for MAC can be found here:
http://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Thanks, will uninstall and re-install...
2017-7-12
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

still no luck not sure what's wrong
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-12 06:26
still no luck not sure what's wrong

Maybe try it on a Windows PC
2017-7-12
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-12 06:47
Maybe try it on a Windows PC

I asked a DJI Mod and he said the new update is for the controller... one problem , I cannot get the controller connected to DJI assistant, I can get the drone connected not the controller

2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-12 06:54
I asked a DJI Mod and he said the new update is for the controller... one problem , I cannot get the controller connected to DJI assistant, I can get the drone connected not the controller

DJI Assistant has never recognized any of my DJI device(s) controllers.  I think there might be some mis-communication with DJI & yourself
2017-7-12
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I can't get Asst2 to work with my drone & PC. After connecting Spark to PC it just sits on Asst2 Home Page
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2017-7-12 08:26
I can't get Asst2 to work with my drone & PC. After connecting Spark to PC it just sits on Asst2 Home Page

Is it powered on?
2017-7-12
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

Yes it is powered on
2017-7-12
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DO NOT UPDATE, read my post here http://forum.dji.com/thread-104364-1-1.html
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The remote cannot be upgraded via Assistant 2.
Please connect your mobile device to remote, run dji go 4, and make sure the internet network is great, you will see the notification to upgrade it.
Keep us posted for the performance, thanks.
Here is the tutorial for your reference:

2017-7-13
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:13
Please connect your mobile device to remote, run dji go 4, and make sure the internet network is great, you will see the notification to upgrade it.

thanks Natalia
Do you confirm I can still use the OTG cable after the upgrade? If I have too many problem can I downgrade the firmware?
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-14 19:31
thanks Natalia
Do you confirm I can still use the OTG cable after the upgrade? If I have too many problem can I downgrade the firmware?

It's not recommended to use cable connection, the performance cannot be guarantee.
2017-7-15
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-15 02:19
It's not recommended to use cable connection, the performance cannot be guarantee.

I updated the new beta firmware and it is better.
I can confirm no more OTG cable is possible.
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-15 06:17
I updated the new beta firmware and it is better.
I can confirm no more OTG cable is possible.

Glad to hear the performance is better.
2017-7-16
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-15 02:19

So you don't recommend the OTG cable connection because you can't guarantee performance but on the other hand you sell a "OTG cable for DJI Goggles to Spark" ??

Sorry but do you guys really know what you are doing? So far we don't got any feedback from DJI concerning the reported problems. You use customers to test a "beta" firmware in the public with hopes high the performance gets better. From which department did you get the information the OTG support is not recommended - cause I think those two do not know what the other is doing ;)

My Spark is doing quite fine so far but I don't push it to the limits. On the other hand I am thinking of returning it (still got 6 days left for that) and just wait until you fix the problems. With a full refund on the shipping it was quite fun to play with it for a couple of days.

Get your things strait!!
2017-7-16
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-12 04:51
Plug in your Spark to the USB port on your Mac,  wait a few seconds for the Mac to recognize the Spark.  See video below

https://youtu.be/1Psa4hAImKw

Hi, i have a problem with spark and assistant 2 connection. The assistant doesn't recognize the spark. I chamged pc, cable and version of assistant but nothing.. The pc, recognize the spark like an usb mass storage but, the programm assistant no.
Help me please!
2017-7-25
Use props
fans5e7a5e84
New
Indonesia

I cant find my spark in my sji asisstant..can anyone help me
2017-8-23
Use props
Wizzy 8
New
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Vietnam

If i uninstall DJ Assistant, what other files must i also delete and where are they located, i am using a laptop pc, windows 7.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans5e7a5e84 Posted at 2017-8-23 07:50
I cant find my spark in my sji asisstant..can anyone help me

Please try to reinstall your DJI Assistant 2 or change a computer and see if it can solve the problem.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Guerinomaione Posted at 2017-7-25 06:43
Hi, i have a problem with spark and assistant 2 connection. The assistant doesn't recognize the spark. I chamged pc, cable and version of assistant but nothing.. The pc, recognize the spark like an usb mass storage but, the programm assistant no.
Help me please!

Please tell me your system of your computer and check if you successfully install your assistant 2 or not. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
Dbrman
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:13

I assume that you know that the remote cannot be updated with DJI GO 4 v4.1.8 on Android 7.1.  I had to revert to DJI GO 4 v4.1.5 to allow me to update.  Then delete v4.1.5 and reinstall the latest version.  I have wasted 3 hours on working out how to do this today.  Assistant 2 on PC is fine for the plane and batteries but nothing else.  Also after these upgrades I had to re connect the remote to the plane.  The link had gone.
2017-9-27
Use props
eddyearko
New
Flight distance : 3169 ft
Singapore

I cant even download dji assistant 2 to my mac! HELP ME!
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

eddyearko Posted at 2017-10-24 04:41
I cant even download dji assistant 2 to my mac! HELP ME!

You can download the application here: http://www.dji.com/spark/info#specs.
Could you please provide us with the specific problem you encountered so we would help you? Thank you.
2017-10-24
Use props
PixelRanchSteve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8225 ft
United States

A couple of hints -- in their infinite wisdom, DJI does not call the app "DJI Assistant" -- it's just called Assistant in the Mac Application folder. And of course it doesn't have a DJI logo for an icon, so it's virtually unrecognizable.

DJI - could you please make the DJI Assistant icon look like a DJI logo to make it easier for people to identify the app?

Thanks!
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules