Maybe I won't send my I2 back for repair..
1808 29 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It seems this post was moved to the obscure repair column for some reason..

Sorry but you can't hide the truth DJI..

I gave up with trying to fix what DJI have messed up with their new software updates.
I am sending the inspire 2 X5s setup back to DJI and letting them deal with it...
What was just freakin awesome to fly and get amazing video is now something I wish I never bought all due to the latest DJI updates..

Let's hope the crack DJI service can make this right.

Cheers

2017-7-12
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you really need to start a new thread for this?  Please conslidate your crying/complaining to the thread you already have. Thx.
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I guess you would be the guy that only looks out for himself rather then trying to help others.

I joined this forum to learn and share my experiences with the awesome inspire 2 but it has turned sour due to the software updates.

Now could you tell me what you are flying and your settings so that I and others can learn from an expert about this awesome inspire 2..
I would rather adjust the settings than have to ship this once perfect inspire 2 back..

Thanks dude
2017-7-12
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

Masemoto Posted at 2017-7-12 07:44
Did you really need to start a new thread for this?  Please conslidate your crying/complaining to the thread you already have. Thx.

I'm with you, Masemoto. I'm hoping that he sends his DJI login in also.
2017-7-12
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-7-12 09:16
I'm with you, Masemoto. I'm hoping that he sends his DJI login in also.

Agree, way overdone.
2017-7-12
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I agree that it's woefully unnecessary to start another thread, those of us whom have had to deal with DJI and the repair "service" I'm sure would all agree that the more posts about the poor service, waiting times, unreal mistakes, carelessness, agents who don't know anything or can't tell you anything about what's going on with your $6k product, etc etc etc... the better - maybe something or anything would be done to improve the situation.

When I've had to send in L series lenses to Canon for adjustment or repair the response is immediate, coordinated, organized and professional and if I have a question I can talk to someone who is more knowledgeable about the product than I will ever be.  I get my lens back better than I sent it in and if it can't be fixed I'm issued a brand new one that's never been used.

What's sad is that I'm sure all the production houses and news networks (i.e. "meaningful customers") that use DJI drones probably get real customer service and the rest of us who just own one or two products have to slog through the misery of an understaffed, undertrained and unprofessional customer service.
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Look guys, I don't want to bitch about this at all and if I weren't having these issues I would never have made a post here at all.
I came here looking for help but the most I've got was send it in for repair and our crack engineering team are working on the latest issues and we'll get back to you..

If you have a perfectly working inspire 2 that does what it is advertised to do pleases share your settings and maybe help a guy out but so far no one has...

I'm playing nice here and I wish you guys complaining about my complaining would help or just remain silent in the background because you are not helping..

2017-7-12
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-7-12 13:44
Although I agree that it's woefully unnecessary to start another thread, those of us whom have had to deal with DJI and the repair "service" I'm sure would all agree that the more posts about the poor service, waiting times, unreal mistakes, carelessness, agents who don't know anything or can't tell you anything about what's going on with your $6k product, etc etc etc... the better - maybe something or anything would be done to improve the situation.

When I've had to send in L series lenses to Canon for adjustment or repair the response is immediate, coordinated, organized and professional and if I have a question I can talk to someone who is more knowledgeable about the product than I will ever be.  I get my lens back better than I sent it in and if it can't be fixed I'm issued a brand new one that's never been used.

Agree if you have a legitimate complain, please do. What I was commenting about was not only the start of another tread but the OP's constant posting the same kind of pointless bashing in a number of different treads.

If he has an issue it should be sent in for assessment, then if he is not happy by all means vent away. Just keep posting and bashing does not solve issues.
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

As I said if you would share your setup and settings maybe that would help but so far no one has..

Look I started another thread because it was moved to a place I couldn't even find without back tracking my own posts..

Ya know outta sight outta mind... and seriously if ya can't help don't post because I'm not the only guy with these issues..
If ya got nothing helpful to add please ignore my postings and I'll do the same...
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Before I put the tape on the box I did a little test with my I2 for smiles....

iPad mini 4 and latest app / firmware but this time I hooked a monitor to the HDMI port at the same time..
After 8 min of flight the iPad started to [get hot] crap out as it's been doing since the updates "but" the HDMI video feed remained crystal clear without any visible latency...hmmmm

Now to test the iPhone 6s
Iphone 6s gets laggy and super hot in 10 min [never happened before updates] but the HDMI monitor shows zero video lag...

Who else has an opinion because it flys like a dream without the iPhone or iPad conected and just the monitor for video. ?
2017-7-12
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont think it will give you any answers ronin but I flew my Inspire without any issues with Galaxy Tab that I got for my P4 over a year ago ... No problems at all with connectivity
Have an issue with a X5S but that's no relevant.

Did you tried another mobile device with it ?
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Crio Posted at 2017-7-12 16:10
I dont think it will give you any answers ronin but I flew my Inspire without any issues with Galaxy Tab that I got for my P4 over a year ago ... No problems at all with connectivity
Have an issue with a X5S but that's no relevant.

Read my little test above, I did try two iPads and iPhone 6s with the same laggy video and they both got really hot...
Who knows your camera may be connected to the issue since the updates..

It would be nice if there were real DJI techs to help out on the forum.
Now I'm on the fence deciding to send it back and have it returned with the same iPad issues since it appears not to be the inspire 2 but the feed to the iPad/iPhone causing the issue.. hmmmm
2017-7-12
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

I managed to get in a warning free flight around sunset yesterday while doing a search and rescue. First time since the new update. Only thing is that I don't know if it worked because of the late hour or because I turned off the hdmi output.  As soon as I get a chance, I want to get in a midday flight with the hdmi turned off to see if I still get a CPU warning.
Just like Ronin, my I2 worked perfectly until DJI decided to fix something that wasn't broke.
2017-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-12 16:22
Read my little test above, I did try two iPads and iPhone 6s with the same laggy video and they both got really hot...
Who knows your camera may be connected to the issue since the updates..

I am not a DJI tech and I understand you are frustrated ... we get it. I do not have any magical settings to share and it really sounds like you might have a problem with one of your modules inside the Inspire 2.

You could just delete the Go 4 App and start fresh making sure you have all the settings correct again. Calibrate the IMU and compass etc.  (one more time just to be sure)

I flew three drones today in very difficult conditions.
iPhone 7
iPad mini 4
Latest FW installed
Latest Go / Go4 Apps installed

Inspire 1 V2 X3 3 batteries flew excellently over 8000 feet
Mavic Pro  2 batteries flew awesome with DJI goggles over 8000 feet
Inspire 2 (no camera) but FPV feed no problems at all 1 battery set flew just great about  7500 feet  I will have my new camera this Friday

So nothing ran hot the HD video was flawless the outside temp was 95- 98*F

Note, I had a HD video issue last summer with my Inspire 1. Returned it to DJI repair shop in LA. They replaced the camera gimbal with a new one. My Inspire has just worked great since.

I have a high regard for the techs at the USA repair shop and they will take care of you if it is returned.

All the best
Rich
2017-7-12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks guys, hey Rich when you get your camera mounted please do a few flights with your I 2 iPad 4 and let us know how it goes.
I appreciate the feedback..
2017-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-12 22:08
Thanks guys, hey Rich when you get your camera mounted please do a few flights with your I 2 iPad 4 and let us know how it goes.
I appreciate the feedback..

Sure thing... I cant wait to try out my I2 with a camera I have been waiting a long time.

By the way, I cleared out the video cache on both my iPhone 7 and iPad mini 4 (even though they have 256 storage). This could be why I no longer see the CPU loaded warning?  That is the only thing I did differently after the Go App update.

Rich
2017-7-13
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-13 07:58
Sure thing... I cant wait to try out my I2 with a camera  I have been waiting a long time.

By the way, I cleared out the video cache on both my iPhone 7 and iPad mini 4 (even though they have 256 storage). This could be why I no longer see the CPU loaded warning?  That is the only thing I did differently after the Go App update.

I don't have the cash turned on and it still craps out.
I'm gonna upgrade my 6s to a 7s today and see if that makes a difference..
Quote DJI:
iOS Version v4.1.3.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

I've tried both my iPad mini 4 and iPhone 6s with zero luck.
We'll see if it makes a difference with the iPhone 7 plus
2017-7-13
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I found the solution, the screw up is the latest DJI app update which would not work with my 2 iPad mini and iPhone 6s without turning the video feed to crap...

So I bought a new iPad Pro 10.5" and it works perfectly now....

DJI lie about their compatibility to other products with their apps and firmware updates, the fact that the video feed from the HDMI was perfect and not the iPad mini proves that they screwed iPad mini owners with their new update..

DJI have screwed themselves out of my two ordered Crystal Sky monitors....
2017-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-13 08:27
I don't have the cash turned on and it still craps out.
I'm gonna upgrade my 6s to a 7s today and see if that makes a difference..
Quote DJI:

I flew again today without any issues with both the iPhone 7 and the iPad mini 4. I have the video cache turned on and it seems to be working just fine for me.  I am sure that DJI has put more workload on the iPad with the last App update. I hope they will improve this on the next update (time will tell). I will be using the new iPad Pro 10.5 soon (it will be here on Monday) Cougar said that it works perfectly with his I2.  So I guess I will have another device to mess with and I really do not think I will be moving forward with the Crystal Sky. I really want to be able to use third party Apps and have some flexibility

Rich
2017-7-13
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-13 15:10
I flew again today without any issues with both the iPhone 7 and the iPad mini 4. I have the video cache turned on and it seems to be working just fine for me.  I am sure that DJI has put more workload on the iPad with the last App update. I hope they will improve this on the next update (time will tell). I will be using the new iPad Pro 10.5 soon (it will be here on Monday) Cougar said that it works perfectly with his I2.  So I guess I will have another device to mess with and I really do not think I will be moving forward with the Crystal Sky. I really want to be able to use third party Apps and have some flexibility

Rich

It really does, don't forget to get a hoodman for it. I should have mine tomorrow ..

I will never do another DJI update again after this madness...

Fly safe dude.
2017-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-13 15:24
It really does, don't forget to get a hoodman for it. I should have mine tomorrow ..

I will never do another DJI update again after this madness...

Funny you should say Hoodman   I have one for the mini and now I need to get another larger one! I guess the iPad air 2 will work, they only advertise 2 sizes  ...

hoodman link

Rich
2017-7-13
Use props
Munc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82638 ft
United States

I have a perfectly working Inspire 2 I bought in Feb, I just don't update my firmware or software.
I had a P3 Pro up until about March this year, flew great, put it on firmware 1.4 and left it there for over a year.
I have a P4 Pro bought last Dec, had the 4K 60P glitch, put it away until a stable firmware fix came out and waited for a couple weeks to see if people were ok with it, updated the P4 Pro and it has stayed on that firmware since March and it flies great, no more updates.
My dedicated Nvidia Shields don't connect to the internet so the software stays put.
Also have an Osmo and Ronin M, they don't get updates either and both work fine.
Find a stable firmware/software combo and stay there.
Only hardware problem I've had was a bad Inspire 2 battery after 5 cycles.
I don't see a problem with your voicing your issues, I would too. DJI really needs to address the whole customer service issue they seem to have.
2017-7-13
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The real disservice to DJI customers is that their spokespeople on this forum don't know the product they represent..
I came here for answers to a problem created by DJI and they didn't have a clue but to just say send it back even though it wasn't broken but disabled due to DJI's software updates..
Yo DJI if it ain't broke don't fix it....

Cheers

2017-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-13 20:56
The real disservice to DJI customers is that their spokespeople on this forum don't know the product they represent..
I came here for answers to a problem created by DJI and they didn't have a clue but to just say send it back even though it wasn't broken but disabled due to DJI's software updates..

I have flown 3 flights now with my new camera on the I2. I was getting the CPU loading message with the iPad mini4 / I2 that did not happen before without the camera installed.
I did get a few glitches with the HD streaming and the iPad was warmer than before (not hot).  It was not rock solid as the other day. I guess DJI will need to fix the App to correct this issue. I flew my Mavic in the same conditions with the goggles and the iPhone 7. 3 batteries  and it worked great for me.....

Rich
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-16 16:36
I have flown 3 flights now with my new camera on the I2. I was getting the CPU loading message with the iPad mini4 / I2 that did not happen before without the camera installed.
I did get a few glitches with the HD streaming and the iPad was warmer than before (not hot).  It was not rock solid as the other day. I guess DJI will need to fix the App to correct this issue. I flew my Mavic in the same conditions with the goggles and the iPhone 7. 3 batteries  and it worked great for me.....

Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it, please give us some time, we will try our best to get it addressed as soon as possible, apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused and really appreciate your patience.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Munc Posted at 2017-7-13 19:53
I have a perfectly working Inspire 2 I bought in Feb, I just don't update my firmware or software.
I had a P3 Pro up until about March this year, flew great, put it on firmware 1.4 and left it there for over a year.
I have a P4 Pro bought last Dec, had the 4K 60P glitch, put it away until a stable firmware fix came out and waited for a couple weeks to see if people were ok with it, updated the P4 Pro and it has stayed on that firmware since March and it flies great, no more updates.

Munc, we really appreciate your support to DJI. We are now working on improving our product and customer service. If there is malfunction in battery, please contact our support to replace it in time.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-13 20:56

We have explained several times about this issue that our engineer is working on it, I mean you can send it in if you insist.
Our engineer has been aware of this issue and will fix it as soon as possible, I can feel your pain and frustration,  would you mind waiting for some time?
2017-7-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-16 19:37
Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on it, please give us some time, we will try our best to get it addressed as soon as possible, apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused and really appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy

Thanks for the heads up. I am not worried... you guys will get this fixed. I am not having the same level of trouble as others have reported  

On another note, please check the PM I sent you last week.

Rich
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-16 20:28
Hi Mindy

Thanks for the heads up. I am not worried... you guys will get this fixed. I am not having the same level of trouble as others have reported  

Thanks, I have replied the PM.
2017-7-16
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-16 19:49
We have explained several times about this issue that our engineer is working on it, I mean you can send it in if you insist.
Our engineer has been aware of this issue and will fix it as soon as possible, I can feel your pain and frustration,  would you mind waiting for some time?

Seriously Mindy, the fix was me going out and spending another $728.00 for an iPad Pro after DJI made my iPad mini and iPhone 6s obsolete with the new app and firmware update...

The crack team of Benjamins in my now thinner wallet fixed it... As I said before no one at DJI are of any help when it comes to the issues DJI create..

Flew today with my "NEW" iPad Pro and got some great video, no thanks to DJI.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules