Firmware
638 5 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same as I. I have updated my firmware everytime a new update was available. I have not experienced any of the issues I have read about over the last year. However I am very anal about what conditions I fly in and never bend my rules. I check my UAV forecast application prior to every flight. I have it setup with all my thresholds, wind speed, temperature, KP index and so on. If conditions are not favorable I do not fly. Saying that I am a maintenance manager in a manufacturing facility. I see mechanical and electrical failures daily. I have found quite often a machine operator will make a mistake causing failure, then to not look bad tell his piers about some equipment failure he witnessed to save face. That results in reports from other operators having similar equipment failure falsely reporting thinking their machine has the same issue the first associate reported. Before you know it we are getting daily reports of bogus equipment failure because everyone has tunnel vision. Moral of my story, I think people are to quick to jump on the bandwagon sort of speak, and take the easy way out saying it was firmware issues. I truly feel if people stopped talking about the firmware some operator issues, real problems and solutions would rise to the top. Sorry for being so winded, just my opinion.
2017-7-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Except for the fact that many people experiencing these "firmware-related" issues have been flying AC (including DJI models) for years and likely know very well how to operate such equipment, so operator error is not so likely. It may be more productive for some of us to refrain from assuming because 99% have not issues, that the 1% of us who do have problems are at fault. It is quite feasible that the firmware bugs (or even hardware flaws) affect only 1% of the machines DJI manufactures, and those 1% of consumers have a protected right to use their purchases as they were intended to be used. There is very clearly something going on/wrong with SOME DJI machines, even if your and my machines fly perfectly. Looks at how the situation was with the initial reports of the Mavic's spiral of death started to surface. So many people on forums chimed in that "My Mavic flies fine. You must be doing something wrong", and we know how that turned out. The only difference in those two scenarios is that the Mavic situation had a far higher percentage of flaw reports. Give these guys come credit (or a benefit of the doubt) when they say something is not working as it should. Chances are, with so many reports coming out, that there is something going wrong with the product.
2017-7-12
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Don't miss understand my post. Just presenting another theory. I can say this I think people who have issues be it their own or the AC use this site to vent or plead for help quite often. Which is okay, but if I had been following this forum prior to my purchase I can guarantee I would have purchased from another manufacturer. I am going on a year since purchase and am happy so far. Hope it continues that way. And hope the negativity does not drive other consumers away.
2017-7-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Churubusco Posted at 2017-7-12 08:38
Don't miss understand my post. Just presenting another theory. I can say this I think people who have issues be it their own or the AC use this site to vent or plead for help quite often. Which is okay, but if I had been following this forum prior to my purchase I can guarantee I would have purchased from another manufacturer. I am going on a year since purchase and am happy so far. Hope it continues that way. And hope the negativity does not drive other consumers away.

Same here. I have had and still do have some issues with my DJI gear, but even with that said, I am quite happy with the products I have purchased. Every DJI product (except one) I have sold, I sold to upgrade to another DJI product.
2017-7-12
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

Here's a suggestion.  Pack your bags and take a little trip down to the Florida Panhandle and try to fly.  Bet you come back furious with a change in attitude!  
2017-7-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Jeffames226 Posted at 2017-7-12 09:45
Here's a suggestion.  Pack your bags and take a little trip down to the Florida Panhandle and try to fly.  Bet you come back furious with a change in attitude!

It looks like there are quite a few correctional institutions down there (red No fly zones in https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ... and Camp Blanding which seems to have a 300 sqKm forbidden area... and, yes, quite many Warning and Enhanced warning areas, which (apparently) are easily unblocked
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules