DJI Warranty
2804 5 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

This is probably a numpty question but being a numpty.......Do I need to register my Mavic with DJI for warranty or is it automatic?
Also I've heard something about some sort of DJI insurance/ care scheme. Do people use this and what is it?

Thanks

2017-7-12
Use props
danielwilkie29
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No, its linked to your DJI account when you sign up to your app. This might help you: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare
2017-7-12
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

When you have to send your device for a repair they will ask for a proof of purchase. I believe the will use the receipt date as the start of the warranty. You can also buy DJI Care but it must be activated within 48 hours of activating your aircraft.
2017-7-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Daniel's correct about the warranty, but the link he provided is for "DJI Care"; what you're probably referring to / interested in if you own a Mavic is DJI Care Refresh, an admittedly subtle and confusing distinction.

Many of us believe Care Refresh is worthwhile, but be sure you're familiar with the terms and conditions, specifically the fact that what you get back if you use it will probably be a refurbished Mavic and that you can only use it if you return your crashed Mavic, including the camera / gimbal assembly. That seems to surprise a lot of people and we regularly see threads created by frustrated Mavic owners who bought Care Refresh and then had a flight over water that ended badly.
2017-7-12
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-12 08:33
Daniel's correct about the warranty, but the link he provided is for "DJI Care"; what you're probably referring to / interested in if you own a Mavic is DJI Care Refresh, an admittedly subtle and confusing distinction.

Many of us believe Care Refresh is worthwhile, but be sure you're familiar with the terms and conditions, specifically the fact that what you get back if you use it will probably be a refurbished Mavic and that you can only use it if you return your crashed Mavic, including the camera / gimbal assembly. That seems to surprise a lot of people and we regularly see threads created by frustrated Mavic owners who bought Care Refresh and then had a flight over water that ended badly.

Thanks for that.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

To be more precise, the warranty relates to your DJI account which is used to activate the drone, but the proof of purchase must be kept for future repair service.
I think DJI Care Refresh will be a good choice for customers because we cover water damage at the moment, but please remember the drone must be RECOVERED, lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories will not be covered, please read our FAQ before purchasing: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules