I have a terrible RTH issue with my Remote Controller
2153 24 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Flight distance : 751 ft
Philippines

I have bought a brand new Mavic pro Back late April 2017. Upon unboxing, i had issues with iphone / ipad and android phone connecting to the display of the camera...drone and RC was able to connect but mobile device does not display nor connect to RC / Drone. After alot of emails between China Support and US, phone calls with DJI, forum posting, posting on youtube...issue was not resolved which now bring my REMOTE CONTROLLER flying out to DJI. Remember - this was late April but since I was reaching out DJI almost every day....it took them till mid May to tell me to ship it out. DJI has officially received the REMOTE CONTROLLER on May 18, 2017 (i state the year as i foresee that this will arrive at a different year). It is now July 12, 2017 and i still do not have my REMOTE CONTROLLER.

Now, why do i not have this yet? This is because DJI apparently sent it to the incorrect address! Talk about return to home issues...with a remote controller! To date, the drone hsa not taken flight and likely is broken now because it has remain unused for 2 months!

It was planned to get an osmo mobile and the new phantom BUT with this.....id likely have to pass...

DJI - not only do i regret getting this brand new defective remote, your customer service is so frustrating...specially when no one respnds to 7 emails i have sent asking whats happening.

My question to the community - how the heck should i get these DJI folks to listen and do the right thing. There is no point of escalation in this support structure. I need DJI to look into this and make sure the lost in flight REMOTE CONTROLLER at least gets back so i can sell and get rid of it.
2017-7-12
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW, i've heard of horror stories of DJI's customer support. But, this, this is just SAD. otherwise I love DJI's products
2017-7-12
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

how the heck should i get these DJI folks to listen and do the right thing

Send a Private Message to DJI-Mindy, point her to this thread, and I suspect she'll get your problem resolved.
2017-7-12
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

thanks drone flying....this is good traction at least...
2017-7-12
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

sent a message...looks like they are consistent...no reply
2017-7-12
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

any other suggestions?
2017-7-13
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

File a report with the better business bureau.  I got a response 3-4 days after I did that.  Mind you, still not solution, but at least some contact.
2017-7-13
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Try pressing the RTH button on GO 4 to see if the RC will return. :-)

(sorry for the sarcastic humor attempt)

I would also try PMing DJI-Ken and/or DJI-Natalia

2017-7-13
Use props
marcelkoks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51362 ft
New Zealand

Can't you do some flying with just the app over Wifi? Just to get it at least in the air while waiting for the controller?
2017-7-13
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

@marcelkoks - yes i did try flying wifi but it keeps disconnecting allowing me to fly at very short distances....dont even know the behavior yet of the nth when it losses signal.

@Griffith - frankly i am tempted to HIT anything that's DJI...and these are not buttons. as of yesterday, UPS tracker says the package is back with DJI....and what will DJI do next? im sure it will get lost in the system because it has no label for repairs or directed to any one in the organization.

let me try the 2 new names...hopefully they can help....at this stage i have no clue at all how DJI can redeem the their brand value in my network reach. buying a DJI device is not far from buying from a dollar store except dollar store junk is only for a dollar.
2017-7-13
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

i am now on chat support....i got harvey.....no reply at all......after reinitiating chat i now have jester....lets see if he gets to resolve this...
2017-7-13
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

jester says i wait for an email.....which has been done before and jokers from this so called "other department"will yet again do this inaccurately! i give up! DJI you're a waste of time!
2017-7-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i agree with other users - try get in touch with other dji people on the forum - mindy and ken have been able to help me before - i guess they have quite a work schedule as also they would have to do following up with other people they esculate to - keep bugging them.
2017-7-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

My drone also arrived a while after chinese new year - i will never know for sure but always suspected my drone issues had something to do with that - when people do enter their delivery date i notice that it is very often in that period around 2 months after chinese year year. Does not help your problem though, sorry and hope u come right.
2017-7-13
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Just a stupid question I know... but is your SMTP working properly? (I just cant imagine 7 e.mails lost and now also Jasper confirmed waiting for your mail what was sent but not received) there was an issue reported few months ago with phishing/hacking dji e.mails... are you using correct mails and are you sure nobody hacked your pc, mail account or something?
Good luck btw.
2017-7-13
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

jasper didn't say anything about an email not received...where did you get this information? he did say for me to wait for an email from dji on next steps for shipping AGAIN...tsk!
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Hi, can you DM me about this issue? Also include your Repair ID number or ticket number so I can review. I appreciate your time.
2017-7-14
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

thank you mark for picking this up. you are the only link left to curb this -- customer experience. i have sent a PM
2017-7-14
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

this is still going no where....people who have responded on the thread seem to understand my situation....BUT when relayed to DJI - its seems that they cannot understand.

Let me try again for the sake of this thread.

1. i have a brand new RC that doesn't connect to my phone
2. chat rep and phone rep suggested RC be sent to them after zero success in troubleshooting
3. i asked if this can be sent to an address i specify as i am traveling - reps says yes, please detail in the form i am to send
4. RC gets to DJI on May
5. RC gets shipped out On july!
6. DJI sends to the wrong address!
7. DJI phone rep suggests it be sent back to DJI / return to sender!
8. RC lost in the whole shipping process because it doesn't have am issue number!
9. No one from DJI is putting attention and working on this!
2017-7-17
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

djiappgodntwork Posted at 2017-7-17 09:48
this is still going no where....people who have responded on the thread seem to understand my situation....BUT when relayed to DJI - its seems that they cannot understand.

Let me try again for the sake of this thread.

You have plenty of e-mail addresses and telephone numbers here, perhaps someone can get the ball rolling for you, good luck:
http://www.dji.com/contact

There's also a feedback page here:
http://www.dji.com/feedback
2017-7-17
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

any escalation point here you can recommend? looking for an L2 or a supervisor...
2017-7-18
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI are a good company but even good companies need a kick now and again, until someone takes them to court they will think their invincible. Ive been without a functional drone for 70 days now. My advice to anyone with any faults is to send it in for repair otherwise once it fly's away or crashes DJI and any suppliers will try to shrug responsibility.   
2017-7-18
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

i am on chat again with DJI and i still go through the same story telling for hours but nothing gets resolved! DJI has very very poor service let alone buying a faulty product! and no one will help....no escalation point no nothing! they steal you money away!
2017-7-24
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

look at DJI's statement asking to sent the remote back - "We are currently checking if we can still do something" W*F!
2017-7-24
Use props
djiappgodntwork
lvl.1
Philippines

Me: are you saying you can't do anything about it?! are you saying you will not return my remote?

DJI: No we are not, we are trying to fix your concern which is return you remote on schedule

so i think i have my answer...theyre not returning it! and talk about schedule! - i wonder what time are they on....God's Time?
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules