3111 4 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peterdivergbr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35892 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All.

As I often fly in an area without any mobile signal, I wonder if there is any way I can cache background maps in GS PRO?

Using GO 4 I have a map/satellite view (I presume they have been cahed by means of home wifi), whilst in GS Pro I only have a grey area with the preplanned route showing.

I have not tried running GO 4 in the background whilst flying on GS as I read that it may cause problems.

Thanks for any help

Peter
2017-7-12
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Hi there, you can try and download the maps straight on your phone. It's on the DJI Go App 4 Settings> Offline Map
2017-7-12
Use props
David Atkinson
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It's a great function, especially when you're in areas with a limited signal. Extra peace of mind.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

David Atkinson Posted at 2017-7-13 00:39
It's a great function, especially when you're in areas with a limited signal. Extra peace of mind.

I use Litchi mainly becouase you can go to Mission hub at home on your laptop, you can make up a mission , cache the map view & once your in ther field, bring up your mission & fly away, watching your bird go to each waypoint as you made at home!
Litchi is a great app, I use it 90% of the time with my Phantom 3A, I;ve only had my Mavic pro for couple of days, once I can get a picture without extreme lag I will be flying  litchi allot!!
2017-7-13
Use props
Peterdivergbr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35892 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you both for your advice.
I presume its the "Cache map in background" setting in the General Settings tab that you are referring to?
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules