Dji phantom vision 2 plus or flame wheel f550
2312 3 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nic
lvl.1

Canada

hey guys i have flown some smaller quadrocopter before but nothing to big so i want to make the rigth choice.
i have beed doing lots of reaserch and i have narrowed down my search to two these to copter   (I am open to suggestion for other ones also)
The DJI phantom 2 visin plus   or the DJI flame wheem F550 with RTF from Helipal a tarrot gimbal for my Hero 3 and the storm all-in-one FPV combo
any imput on which way to go one or the other would be great or if you guys have any suggestion on diffrent copters
thanks

2015-3-20
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

The Phantom will have a longer flight time and has a 3 axis gimbal.  the 3 axis gimbal give a little better video since minor yawing of the copter in flight is stabilized in addition to pitch and roll.  You also get some Ground Control Station capability with the Vision App.

The FPV combo I am assuming is a 5.8 system. In this case the monitor can be used with other copters that have 5.8 video downlinks if you expand your fleet. Depending on the RC transmitter you may be able to use this on other aircraft also.  Flight time is not as good because the 550 has a lower power to weight ratio. and props of the same size.  

If you just want a good video multicopter probably the Phantom.  
2015-3-23
Use props
watertowers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've been in a similar position to yourself Nic, having been interested in Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) and Pole photography (PAP) for many years I want to add another string to my bow. I have decided, rightly or wrongly to build myself the F450 as a starting point. Having played with the Phantom Vision +2 and been very impressed with its ability straight out of the box, although I did witness a "fly away" (luckily for the owner we found it several weeks later) I could not justify the price to my wife and kids. Yes I know by the time I've bought every thing for the F450, although I already own a GoPro and gimbal it won't be far off the new lower price of a Phantom.

Very nearly went for the Phantom 2 (non vision) so I could add my gimbal and Gopro ~ but then I would miss a whole load of learning by DIY build ~ the main drawback so far have been the availability of some items here in the UK, DJI and the dealers are in short supply of some stuff, but hey not to worry whatever you choose it won't be cheap and the grass is always greener. Just glad I've spent some money and I'm make a start on a new interest in life
2015-3-25
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

F550 runnimg a 4 cell lipo.would be my choice. Mine handles wind good and can lift way more than a phantom and you build the flamewheel..  with the phantom your stuck with a 3 cell and the way dji set it up to be a crowd pleaser for the average joe.   The flame wheel you can design and change a part here or there and the phantom is what it is.  I would like the phantom 2 if they ran a 4 cell. Dji made a good choice putting a 4 cell in their phantom 3

2015-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules