Audio recording
3368 15 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yelomelo
lvl.1
United States

I bought my P4P the last week of June this year. The day I received, I flew with iPhone 7 plus and recorded my dialogs of all the flights. I didn't have to set anything else at that time and I don't even know I have to do so. I bought iPad mini4, then updated firmware and dji go app. I enabled that "Record Audio With Video Cache" but neither iPhone 7Plus nor iPad mini4 are recording audio anymore. It's frustrating because I needed that option for some of my video shoots. Does anyone have the same problem? Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.
2017-7-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I don't record any audio with my flights. It would have to have a 6 second delay/buffer zone, to bleep out the expletives. Haha

Good luck figuring out your audio recording dilemma. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You may need to check the settings on your mobile device. Have you allowed the DJI GO 4 APP to access the microphone of your mobile device?
2017-7-13
Use props
djiuser_asThOjA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23553 ft
United States

If you are looking how to get the cached files for videos with audio from the RC, I figured out how to do it.

-plug your controller into your computer. It won't show it's plugged in or give you an option to view the files yet.
-So what you do is on the settings page(not connected to the drone), swipe from the top down where it brings up volume and brightness.
-Once you connect the RC to your computer and have the volume screen pulled down, you should see a USB symbol in the top left hand corner. Click on it and it'll take you to "turn on USB sharing" so click turn on.
-After a few seconds, the drives should show up on your computer(normally under DJI).  
-You can go through and find the videos to transfer to your computer. To make it easier, find the video with audio you want to download on the P4P+ RC gallery and click details. It'll tell you where it's stored on the internal memory so you can find exactly which folder it's in without taking a long time. Hope this helps.

After looking and looking for hours, it didn't seem like there was any easy way to get the cached files off the remote since you couldn't transfer them to an SD card. I never once was able to find anyone mentioning turning on USB sharing on the RC to find it on your computer. I hope this is able to help a lot of people who have been looking for a way to get the audio from videos!
2017-7-15
Use props
Donsolo96
New

United States

I think you are having the exact same problem I just posted. All the sudden, none of my videos are recording video on my iPad. Just to make sure it wasn't the ipad itself or my settings, I installed DJI Go on my Android phone and still had the same problem.
2017-7-16
Use props
yelomelo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-13 00:26
You may need to check the settings on your mobile device. Have you allowed the DJI GO 4 APP to access the microphone of your mobile device?

Yes, I do have allowed that. Thank you anyway!
2017-7-17
Use props
yelomelo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_asThOjA Posted at 2017-7-15 05:05
If you are looking how to get the cached files for videos with audio from the RC, I figured out how to do it.

-plug your controller into your computer. It won't show it's plugged in or give you an option to view the files yet.

I will definitely try that. Thank you for the tip!
2017-7-17
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

djiuser_asThOjA Posted at 2017-7-15 05:05

Is this procedure for the P4P with external tablet, or for the P4P+ with inbuilt screen?
2017-7-17
Use props
yelomelo
lvl.1
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-17 23:41
Is this procedure for the P4P with external tablet, or for the P4P+ with inbuilt screen?

I use iPad mini 4 and iPhone 7Plus. It's not a P4P+.
2017-7-18
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

yelomelo Posted at 2017-7-18 18:56
I use iPad mini 4 and iPhone 7Plus. It's not a P4P+.

Hi, I know you use an iPad, it was written in your first post. I asked djiuser_asThOJA  because it didn't sound like something would do with a "normal" P4P
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:07
Hi, I know you use an iPad, it was written in your first post. I asked djiuser_asThOJA  because it didn't sound like something would do with a "normal" P4P

I am  puzzled as to why djiuser_asThOJA is wanting to copy the files of the RC, as they are not stored there, they are in what ever viewing device you have connected to the RC unit. In any event, the proper files are in the SD card in the aircraft anyway, and are much better quality to the ones in the viewing device.
2017-7-18
Use props
Thatguy32567
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23553 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-18 20:28
I am  puzzled as to why djiuser_asThOJA is wanting to copy the files of the RC, as they are not stored there, they are in what ever viewing device you have connected to the RC unit. In any event, the proper files are in the SD card in the aircraft anyway, and are much better quality to the ones in the viewing device.

You copy the files from the RC because the videos stored on the drone do not include the audio from the microphone. I am talking about the P4P+ with the built in screen. Some people have been wanting to get the audio out if they talk when flying for making notes to themselves among other things.
So if you have the controller with the built in screen, then yes the files are stored on the RC. The video quality is reduced thats why the only purpose to get them off the RC is to extract the audio file and edit it into the HQ video stored on the drone. If you plug the P4P+ controller into your computer and allow USB sharing with the instructions i posted, then you go through the files and its usually under DJI.....DJI.PILOT.PAD.......VIDEOEDITOR. If you are using an iPad or phone as the screen then I think the audio is saved on the phone with the video.
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Thatguy32567 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:47
You copy the files from the RC because the videos stored on the drone do not include the audio from the microphone. I am talking about the P4P+ with the built in screen. Some people have been wanting to get the audio out if they talk when flying for making notes to themselves among other things.
So if you have the controller with the built in screen, then yes the files are stored on the RC. The video quality is reduced thats why the only purpose to get them off the RC is to extract the audio file and edit it into the HQ video stored on the drone. If you plug the P4P+ controller into your computer and allow USB sharing with the instructions i posted, then you go through the files and its usually under DJI.....DJI.PILOT.PAD.......VIDEOEDITOR. If you are using an iPad or phone as the screen then I think the audio is saved on the phone with the video.

OK, thank you, now I understand.
2017-7-18
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Thatguy32567 Posted at 2017-7-18 20:47

Thanks.  I have never used the audio cache, so I did not know that audio would not be in the low-res files in the SD card... Now it's all clear -and good to know
2017-7-19
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-7-19 00:09
Thanks.  I have never used the audio cache, so I did not know that audio would not be in the low-res files in the SD card... Now it's all clear -and good to know

I tried using the screen record function in Litchi to get what I hoped would be some great documentation of any given flight. Moderate mistake. Ended up with the iPad Mini becoming incredibly busy. It did work - sort of - but between screen caching, capturing audio/video - made for some kaleidoscopic screens on my iPad.

Initially, I thought something was wrong, particularly with the video. Basically, it appears to demand some really powerful, fast devices and maybe what I was using isn't quite up to it.

In the long run, I've come to accept that the Phantoms don't have routine audio. Of course, on devices I own that *do* have audio, the most obvious audio is the buzzing of the motors!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-19
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Art - N4PJ Posted at 2017-7-19 03:31
I tried using the screen record function in Litchi to get what I hoped would be some great documentation of any given flight. Moderate mistake. Ended up with the iPad Mini becoming incredibly busy. It did work - sort of - but between screen caching, capturing audio/video - made for some kaleidoscopic screens on my iPad.

Initially, I thought something was wrong, particularly with the video. Basically, it appears to demand some really powerful, fast devices and maybe what I was using isn't quite up to it.

I suppose that would be only when the aircraft is near the RC, but not when it is faraway, as the microphone that captures the sound is not on the aircraft but in the tablet/phone used with the RC...
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules