Will new Laowa 7.5mm ultra-lightweight lens work on X5S?
1318 2 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

This thing?  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1337243-REG/venus_optics_ve7520mftlwblk_laowa_7_5mm_f_2_mft.html

Looks promising if it will work on the X5S in manual mode.  150 grams so it might need a counterweight on back?

2017-7-12
Use props
smoak888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472493 ft
United States

i just got one...i am running into an issue. when i install the lens, i get an error message saying "no lens attached" (likely since this lens is fully manual) and when i hit record, it records fine to microSD but records nothing to SSD RAW (even when the little red light by the SSD is blinking, nothing is recorded)...strange
2017-7-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

smoak888 Posted at 2017-7-27 13:39
i just got one...i am running into an issue. when i install the lens, i get an error message saying "no lens attached" (likely since this lens is fully manual) and when i hit record, it records fine to microSD but records nothing to SSD RAW (even when the little red light by the SSD is blinking, nothing is recorded)...strange

That's odd.  I thought somewhere I read it has to be in some fixed mode, maybe S mode?

I know they demo'd the thing in Shanghai, but the video is a 1080 on Youtube and no higher so it might be a microSD card video and not off the SSD (Although I wish it were!).

Maybe DJI knows how to set a manual lens up like this to work with the SSD drive?
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules