Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Management, Please Answer this.
1760 12 2015-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

So after waiting nearly 6 weeks for the return of my Inspire 1 things couldn't have become worse. I was going to wait a couple of days for DJI Management to get back to me, or at least acknowledge this absolutely ridiclous situation, but since no one from DJI Management hasn't even attempted here I go.

So I received word from DJI US Tech Support that my unit was fixed and was shipping. Got my tracking number and followed the journey back from California. It cleared Canada Customs and showed it was on the delivery truck for this past Wednesday. I was so excited to finally get my Inspire 1 back so that I can enjoy my $3800 Canadian Investment. I had no choice, but to go to the office, but thought no problem, I'll get a tag at the door and I'll go and pick it up. To my surprise, just after 10am, I get an email notification that my $3800.00 Canadian Investment was delivered and left on the front step. Now my surprise turned to rage. On the notification it stated, "NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED".

So I called my neighbour and no answer, called another neighbour, no answer, left messages to grab the package. I live in a safe neighbourhood, but it is March Break and a lot of teens running around. I work an hour away, had to finish up some things and headed out. Trying to calm myself, saying in my mind, it's going to be there, it's going to be there, don't panic. As I drove up, my worse fears were realized. The box was not there. No tag on the door, it's gone.

Immediately called Federal Express and told them the situation. So far I have gotten, our driver says he delivered it and no signature was required. I called my local police force, and they cannot treat it as a theft, why? you guessed it, No signature was required and I would have to prove it was actually delivered. They say it falls on the Shipper!

Whoever the moron in the shipping department was, has decided that there these units are not valuable enough to require a signature.

I called DJI Tech Support and their response and I quote, "What do you expect DJI to do about it!"

I don't know who took it, I would hate to accuse the FedEx driver, but at the end of all this, DJI Staff ultimately created this problem. I WANT MY UNIT!

Warning, If you have your unit at DJI for repairs, demand that they ship with Signature Required. This will ensure you get it!
2015-3-20
Use props
dbeck
Second Officer

United States

Awful situation. It's a DJI issues.  They should have had it insured and for that amount it would have had to had a 'sig required' form attached.  You might have to get Ed invlioved and see what he can do. Shameful
2015-3-20
Use props
fjtiger
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1299 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am becoming more and more amazed that DJI continues to operate as it does.

I have lost two phantoms to fly aways that they have never admitted happens.

I have sent back product for repair and told me it would be returned within 7 days. It took 6 weeks to get it back - they said it was fixed - guess what? Not fixed.

So after investing in 3 phantoms - I decided their Inspire was for me after seeing all these PR based articles talking about their 24/7 support and so on.. I have posed simple questions to them after hours and was replied with "call during business hours".

NOW I cannot even get a pair of propellers from them for the INSPIRE.

This is not how to run a business. PERIOD.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-3-20 22:37
Awful situation. It's a DJI issues.  They should have had it insured and for that amount it would ha ...

You can't blame Fedex. If there was no signature required the Driver just left it. It is highly unlikely that the Driver kept it. That is basically unheard of. There should have been a signature required. I feel for you as to your loss. I would be very upset myself with no where to turn. Everything from Apple is signature required. Anything from B&H Photo requires an Adult Signature, I think it is anything over $200. I know this is hindsight but when you get a tracking number from a Carrier you can request "Hold at Terminal" and they will call you upon its arrival and hold it there for you to pick up. Maybe Ed or Blade can inform shipping as to this feature as most Carriers  have this policy available. I hope it turns up for you some where? If you have the Serial Number I would send it along to DJI and if it appears there again for some reason they can inform you.
2015-3-20
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Netherlands

Had the same over here (Netherlands)...... Mine was send to DJI Germany, the sent iT back to the dealer. After 10 days I called them up to ask of the I1 was there and them said "no". The dealer called UPS and DJI and heared iT was alledag delivered. Search thrue the shop and iT was nog there.

Luckaly the dealer sent me a new one.
2015-3-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What was your RMA or case number?  I will see what happened.
2015-3-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

bolwerk.arnold Posted at 2015-3-20 23:37
Had the same over here (Netherlands)...... Mine was send to DJI Germany, the sent iT back to the dea ...

Great Dealer that you are doing business with. Very commendable!!
2015-3-20
Use props
bolwerk.arnold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12238 ft
Netherlands

Yep, they are greet
2015-3-20
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-21 00:39
What was your RMA or case number?  I will see what happened.

Hi Tahoe_Ed, Here is the RMA# 02061592733. Please get back to me at budnikasr@me.com or through zendesk to let me know what is happening. I understand from Federal Express that someone from California has contacted them, but beyond that I don't know anything else.

I schedule several shoots for next week. This type of thing is now affecting my business!

Thanks for your assistance,

Robert
2015-3-20
Use props
skyvideoct
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

DJI Management has NO clue what will happen with the ABYSS of support to their product in a market that they thought would keep them alive and well. I look at the products page and keep my wits about me and NOT order additional product such as the Spreading Wings because of the total lack of commitment I fell now. Web sales can only be backed up by commitments and I've been stung now and will not but another product until I get some sort of response from the illusive DJI management, period.
Good products deflated by sour support = dead company. 'nuff said.
2015-3-20
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

I understand I am on EDT and DJI Support in California is on PDT, but I don't want this lost in the abyss of all these discussions. Since the theft of my unit after FedEx left it on my front step without a signature on Wednesday March 18th, 2015, I still have no resolution. I received an email from zendesk on March 20th, indicating that a claim has been filed with FedEx. Tahoe_Ed, I've sent you an email, but not sure if you have received it. I contacted online chat last night and was disconnected. I need my unit period! This is an error on your shipping department and I don't think I should have to wait for you to resolve issues with your process. I had several jobs scheduled to use my unit next week and the following, even received approvals on my SFOC's from TC, but now I have to delay them probably to the point of losing business.  Patience is running out!
2015-3-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received your message and forwarded the information to the Director of Operations at DJI LA.  I am sure that they are working with FedEx for a resolution.  
2015-3-24
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

From FedEx in Canada, they are clear that they delivered my unit as per what was on the Waybill, "Signature not Required". I've asked all my neigbours. I even asked  a construction crew if they remember any delivery trucks especially FedEx. So I have FedEx saying they delivered and everytime, I have to engage DJI to get a response, but don't get a response. Your Director so be initiating communication with me, not the other way around. DJI has been paid for the unit!  This is an error on your Shipping Department and your Director of Operations dealings with Federal Express has nothing to do with me. Also speaking to my Lawyer, I shared the email you sent to Chris, indicating that you are acknowledging a shipping issue within your organization.

It's time to do the right thing. I want my unit!
2015-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules