Spark Activation with QR Code - Does it work for anyone?
7157 30 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac3a8874
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I am on my second Spark. The first malfunctioned and flew away (into a tree). The web site said that if I have the refresh, I should use it. So I did, and essentially got $49 and 1 of the two refresh returns stolen from me. Nice scam...

But, what I want to know is if anyone has been able to activate the Spark using the QR code. I could not get it to work with the prior unit and it will not work with this one. Has anyone got it to work? Just curious...
2017-7-12
Use props
Simon Chan
New
Hong Kong

I have a Spark as my first drone. The QR code activiation did not work at all even though I have tried the code on the carry box or at the back of the drone.
2017-7-12
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The QR Code didn't worked for me too. I had to connect it via manaul typing the code.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to activate it with another method, here is the tutorial for your reference:
2017-7-13
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Didn't work for me, codes were too small, camera couldn't focus that close. No big deal for me.
2017-7-13
Use props
ArthurL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 784669 ft
Malaysia

Never worked for me I used the manual method
2017-7-13
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I attempted to use the QR code on both my Sparks and the result was laughable.
2017-7-13
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did not work for me either.  No big deal, did it manually.
2017-7-13
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Niether of the codes worked for me either - the stickers and codes are too small. The cam wouldnt focus that close up
2017-7-13
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Didn't work for my activation...
2017-7-13
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't work.  But took a picture of it on my iPhone and then sent it to my Mac. then used the barcode on my screen to activate it.  Can make it as big as you want when its on the screen.
2017-7-13
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

It didn't work for me either although I read online that if you ordered the Fly more package (with the remote), then you needed to scan the code on the remote first. I did that and then the code on the drone and it worked. The instructions are really awful.
2017-7-13
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

Did not work for me. I tried all the QR codes and nothing worked. Had to do it manually.
2017-7-13
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

nope didnt work for me.. had to key in manually... im using iPhone, cant get it activated... any Android users?
2017-7-13
Use props
fans93dca7f8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2073 ft
Australia

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-12 22:35
The QR Code didn't worked for me too. I had to connect it via manaul typing the code.

I have been 2 days trying to connect to my Nexus 6 cannot get it to Activate.

2017-7-13
Use props
西车WestCar
New
Flight distance : 850 ft
United States

It did not work for me either.
2017-7-13
Use props
FredVA
lvl.3
United States

Nada!  I should have figured so after 10 or 20 times of scanning it!
2017-7-14
Use props
chad_n
lvl.1

Brazil

Having the same problem. I've had my Spark for 6 months (connecting and flying successfully many times), didn't fly for two months, and have switched celphone to new samsung j5.  Downloaded the DJI GO app and now it requires a QR code to activate it.  QR code doesn't work.  Had luck to enter device through connecting cable on between remote and phone.  Worked once.  Cannot repeat result.  Reset wifi.  Connect to wifi.  Start app.  Same activation screen.

People keep saying they did it using the "manual method" but no one says how to do it manually.  Google research returns nothing.  Forums return nothing.  Just lots of confused people.  

Others say they entered the QR code manually.  Where?  How?   

Other
2018-1-24
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Do it manually the code might be expired by the Or the qr scanner  messed up
2018-1-24
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

use same progr. use activate mavic, works also on spark

2018-1-24
Use props
chad_n
lvl.1

Brazil

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-24 05:19
Do it manually the code might be expired by the Or the qr scanner  messed up

Can you tell me how to do it manually?   There are no instructions and all attempts I have tried have failed.  If its so easy why not say HOW?  
2018-1-25
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't heard of a single person ever getting it to work! To register it 'manually' just turn on the Spark and connect your phone to its wi-fi and follow the steps, or if you've got the Fly More Combo/the controller, turn on the drone and RC and then your phone
2018-1-25
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Dm me Chad I'll help
2018-1-25
Use props
DirkGerrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276424 ft
Netherlands

Nice idea but doesn’t work with my spark.
2018-2-4
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I followed the QR scan instructions when I was linking my controller to the Spark and it went thru without a hitch..  I used an iPhone 6s Plus.  Had it in the air about 2 minutes later.
Just scanned the code on the corner of the protective packing as per the pictures.
2018-2-4
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288940 ft
Czechia

All manuals and video tutorials are fine but in fact it doesn't work. I tried to activate new Spark by both QR code on the box and under the battery, unsuccessfully. I had to connect the spark manually and write a password from the QR code tag.
2018-4-27
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I spent an hour trying to activate the QR code, gave up, was a pain...I don't even recall manually activating my Spark; it took a whole evening to update the firmware, and ensure I was happy and ready to fly. Worth it though ;-)
2018-4-27
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I spent an hour trying to activate the QR code, gave up, was a pain...I don't even recall manually activating my Spark; it took a whole evening to update the firmware, and ensure I was happy and ready to fly. Worth it though ;-)
2018-4-27
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft

Never worked for me, though the manual way was pretty straightforward if I remember correctly.
2018-4-28
Use props
LeoTheLion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121 ft
Norway

Got my Spark yesterday, and spent a few hours trying the QR-Code, but it didn't worked for me either. I tried with 3 different phones. No luck at all. Scanned the code and tried activating on computer screen. No luck, so I started searching the internet and found the manual methode on YouTube, and that finally worked. My Spark is now in the air
Shame on DJI for making it so difficult. Try fix that QR-Code printer or maybe the app itself.
2019-5-23
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

LeoTheLion Posted at 5-23 08:59
Got my Spark yesterday, and spent a few hours trying the QR-Code, but it didn't worked for me either. I tried with 3 different phones. No luck at all. Scanned the code and tried activating on computer screen. No luck, so I started searching the internet and found the manual methode on YouTube, and that finally worked. My Spark is now in the air
Shame on DJI for making it so difficult. Try fix that QR-Code printer or maybe the app itself.

Or at least fix the instructions!
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules