Playback issues. 'Connection error. Tap to reload files'
1758 5 2017-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phoenix 77
New
Flight distance : 46240 ft
Australia

I cant access any of the images I'm taking with my drone and get the following error.  Connection error. Tap to reload files.
When I fly the drone I can see the ad card capacity going down whenever I take an image or video indicating it is taking them but when I try and playback the files in the app it just errors every time.

Any ideas for a noob to try?
2017-7-12
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you taking them in Jpeg or Raw?
2017-7-12
Use props
Phoenix 77
New
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-12 21:59
Are you taking them in Jpeg or Raw?

JPEG only. It worked fine before the firmware update.
2017-7-12
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Phoenix 77 Posted at 2017-7-12 22:33
JPEG only. It worked fine before the firmware update.

You may need to remove the sd card and attach it to a computer via an sd card reader and see if you can view the photos.
If you have everything turned on, can you see the pictures then?
2017-7-12
Use props
Phoenix 77
New
Australia

Ok a little more information.
2017-7-13
Use props
Phoenix 77
New
Australia

Ok a little more information.

It appears none of the images are even saving to the SD card. I can see the capacity reduce on the card as I take photos and videos while flying but powering off the drone and powering back on again returns the SD card to full capacity.
I have tried reformatting the card and trying an alternate card and experience the same issue.
I have tried switching the file format to JPEG, raw and j+r, none with any success
I have also tried automatically clearing the cache, again with no success.

It does show some thumbnails with a cloud image by them in my flight record, but I can't access these images.

All worked fine before the firmware update 2 days ago and I can still see images and videos in my phone taken before the firmware update.

I'm on vacation in a beautiful location and taking some great images that the drone doesn't retain after a power cycle. We are only here for 1 more day so I'm getting a little down and disappointed with DJI and the magic right now.

Thanks in advance people. Your help will be VERY much appreciated.

Gareth
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules