Newbie question on tablets
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I've had my P3A for a year now. At first, I used my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition and it worked fine. But later on, it has power issues and would turn off intermintenly, so I had to get rid of it. Now I'm using my phone.

My question:

Does the tablet need Wifi in order for it to work? I have Litchi and use that. Now, how can I do waypoints, if there's no active map available? The map is all black. If I have no Wifi, the map function will not work correct? So I cannot do waypoints. But I recall doing a Waypoint mission last year with my Samsung.

So what changed between this year and and last year?
2017-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the tablet need Wifi in order for it to work?
You'll have a hard time finding any tablet without wifi.
But you don't need to have wifi active to be able to fly.
You can fly out in the bush where there's no wifi to receive.
2017-7-13
Use props
Fly Dawg
lvl.1
United States

You will need a tablet with Wi Fi. Not for flying but to cache the local maps before you fly. I would also
recommend a Tablet with GPS. The reason for the black map screen is for just that reason. No Wifi,
no maps unless they are cached first.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Fly Dawg Posted at 2017-7-13 08:45
You will need a tablet with Wi Fi. Not for flying but to cache the local maps before you fly. I would also
recommend a Tablet with GPS. The reason for the black map screen is for just that reason. No Wifi,
no maps unless they are cached first.

You can use Litchi, design your mission at home on your tablet, then cache the maps you designed your mission on, you know how to cache maps? Just scroll around the area, go in & out on map & that's it.
Fire up your monitor/tablet & mission you set up will automaticly download to the Litchi app in waypoints.
Now its cached on your tablet, go to your place your flying, get your bird in the air, in litchi  waypoints, your mission you set up at home will show up, hit it, Litchi, will show you a summary of # of waypoints, alltitude, etc , if your happy with all your settings hit GO & in seconds the mission will upload to your bird & off she goes, You can switch between map view, to see how mission is going, to camera view.
Also, Go on u-tube, look up waypoint missions using Litchi & there are many examples or How to's better than my quick explanation.
Great thing with litchi, even if you loose connection to your bird, it will still fly the complete mission as its downloaded to your drone.
Do make sure you have placed your last waypoint close to you so you can see your bird at last waypoint
have fun!
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules