Link RC every you switch to phone?
1190 8 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tyger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945554 ft
United States

Is it necessary to link the RC by going into the app, or using the 3 button combo on the RC every time you have switched to using only app? I started off just using the app and my phone when I received the Spark. Then I linked the RC and flew around a bit. I switched back to phone using the long-press on the Spark battery to switch connection modes. However when I switched back, I had to re-link (starting the process through the app and having the RC beep super loud until they are connected). Is this normal to go through this process every time you want control only with the app, then go back to RC?
2017-7-13
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

From what I've read you just have to switch the Spark from WiFi to RC mode by holding the power button (3 seconds for RC, 9 for WiFi I think). Don't think you have to re-pair the RC every time but I could be wrong...
2017-7-13
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

You do not have to re-pair it every time.  You just need to switch the mode from RC to phone and inverse if you are switching the other way.

Hold the Spark battery power button for 3 seconds, wait for the first beep and release.  This will switch it to RC mode.  When the status light goes green on the RC, it's all linked.

Hold the Spark battery power button for 6 seconds, wait for one, then the second beep, and release.  This will switch it back to app-only mode.
2017-7-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some people, including myself have to re-link every time I switch back and forth, some people do not. Hopefully none of us will have to do this much longer.
2017-7-13
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

I have to re-pair every time I switch back and forth. I wish it did it automatically.
2017-7-13
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I have to re-pair every time as well
2017-7-13
Use props
Mimus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284770 ft
United States

I have to relink each time as well. Shouldn't be like that
2017-7-13
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-7-13 06:07
From what I've read you just have to switch the Spark from WiFi to RC mode by holding the power button (3 seconds for RC, 9 for WiFi I think). Don't think you have to re-pair the RC every time but I could be wrong...

3 sec for rc, 6 sec for wifi, 9 sec to reset wifi
2017-7-13
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

I think there is a confusion here.

There are 3 diff process....
1) When you 'get a new remote' connecting to your spark for the 1st time.
       --- this is where you need to press the 3 key combination "Pause, FN & Customizable button" simultaneously
      *** this is for spark to recognized that there is remote..

2) Switch from virtual remote to remote...a) on ur remote
b) make sure you are connected to remote wifi
c) power on spark
d) go into DJI Go4 app to initial a relink
e) remote beeps
f) Press hold power button on spark for 3 secs (beep)  
g) wait for remote n spark to sync

3) Switch from remote to virtual remote
a) power on spark
b) Press hold power button  on spark for 6 secs (beep beep)   
c) check ur phone wifi make sure its connecting to spark wifi if not disable  reenable wifi on ur phone, chances are the SSID will show .. (i notice this happens a lot)
** Worst come to worst.. if still cant detect... Press power button for 9 secs (beep beep beep) to reset wifi on spark

2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules