Aviation Week -USAF wants permission to down drones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

http://aviationweek.com/defense/usaf-wants-authority-down-drones-after-f-22-near-miss?NL=AW-05&Issue=AW-05_20170713_AW-05_306&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1&utm_rid=CPEN1000002491264&utm_campaign=10891&utm_medium=email&elq2=83172a0a3ce3455e976481acfda5dfdd

2017-7-13
Use props
SkySailorMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

From the comments section of the article:

"To FAA: what you are doing WRT to drones and their operators IS NOT WORKING."

"You'll hear a lot of whining form "drone operators" if there is more regulation which obviously is need. Let the whining begin...."

"That's so right! I can't wait for your rules to kick in and we have a couple more mid-air collisions at major airports spewing burning bodies and debris across the landscape. Government is BAD, right?"

"Like our immigration laws you have to enforce them. Drones in the hands of everyone is not a good idea. There are far too many people with ideas against the government. Shoot them down and jail the owners."
2017-7-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Wow some do get angry !!

While I condemn totally anyone flying unsafe, in areas they should not ertc. - the suggestion to only allow flying in special set-up areas is ludicrous. PUrely because of the drones availability to anyone in a Supermarket !! How do you educate kids, whoever decides to buy ?

Its interesting that the incident of the guy shooting down a Drone gets mentioned .. and seems to not agree with the report I read.

Guy flew his drone and it crossed anothers yard ... other guy claims his Daughter, sunbathing on the 'porch',  was being spied on and he then grabbed his gun and shot the drone down when he saw it.

Pilot gave the video to court showing he was not spying on her and in fact it was in the evening and the claim of sunbathing shows the fabrication of story. Guy who shot the Drone down went to jail and a petition was started up to get him freed. Which did eventually happen. The time spent in jail though still to count as penalty for Discharging a weapon etc.

I'm part of a working group discussing how to sort not only drones but general model flying to ensure safety in Latvia. We are drawing up guidelines to present to the Govt Authority. From that work - it is incredibly hard to balance the freedom to fly with reduction  of freedom to protect others. I'm a model flyer of many years ... all types ... and my fear is the carry over of rules for drones to other model forms.

As to how to shoot down drones ... the UK has already supplied systems to FAA and various for testing that has ability to disable and cause drone to land. It is already operational at some EU airports for testing and is likely to be installed as a permanent feature.

Nigel
2017-7-13
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-13 09:15
Wow some do get angry !!

While I condemn totally anyone flying unsafe, in areas they should not ertc. - the suggestion to only allow flying in special set-up areas is ludicrous. PUrely because of the drones availability to anyone in a Supermarket !! How do you educate kids, whoever decides to buy ?

Allot of the problem is anyone can buy a drone, not just the top 40 dollar ones but a full fledged Phantom4 pro!
Mother & her 13-maybe 15 year old teen,  in Best Buy, kid whines long enough I guess & Mom buys him a P4P!!
I asked her if her son had flown drones before? Nope, his first but he's a whiz on the computer she says.
A week later I;m walking my dog at local park, watching pick up baseball game & here comes a Phantom across the ball diamond at about 10 meters height, wide open, sideways over players heads full tilt into the backstop fence!! Yep, guess who!
At least he won't be flying that Phantom again for a longtime, it was trashed!
2017-7-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

This is the problem ... unlike the regular RC model - these Muti-Rotors are available in Toy Shops as well ...

My local toy shop has the DJI look-alikes but without the high-end autonomous electronics DJI has .. so you can imagine the mayhem that could cause.... stick a mobile phone in the holder and go carve up the local park. Price ? 3 versions ... $150 ... $250 ... $300 ...

Nigel
2017-7-13
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-7-13 08:02
From the comments section of the article:

"To FAA: what you are doing WRT to drones and their operators IS NOT WORKING."

Drones in the hands of everyone is not a good idea you say? I gather drones in YOUR hands is fine though? Just wondering.
2017-7-15
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Rigworker Posted at 2017-7-15 09:11
Drones in the hands of everyone is not a good idea you say? I gather drones in YOUR hands is fine though? Just wondering.

??

Nigel
2017-7-15
Use props
SkySailorMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

Rigworker Posted at 2017-7-15 09:11

Rigworker, read my post again please...especially the part at the top that says, "From the comments section of the article." The comments that followed were not my comments. They were quotes from the article's commenters. I pasted them to illustrate the irrational animosity that Joe Q. Public has with regard to drones.

Further to the public's general drone hysteria, if people continue to fly their drones with utter disregard to the safety of others, we can be certain that the Nanny State bureaucrats and politicians will eventually see to it that recreational drone flight will become either tightly regulated or entirely eliminated.
2017-7-15
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-7-15 20:59
Rigworker, read my post again please...especially the part at the top that says, "From the comments section of the article." The comments that followed were not my comments. They were quotes from the article's commenters. I pasted them to illustrate the irrational animosity that Joe Q. Public has with regard to drones.

Further to the public's general drone hysteria, if people continue to fly their drones with utter disregard to the safety of others, we can be certain that the Nanny State bureaucrats and politicians will eventually see to it that recreational drone flight will become either tightly regulated or entirely eliminated.

Got you. My apologies
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules