Petition for cruise companies to reconsider drone ban
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Majestic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541831 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you cruise and want to be able to use your drone at ports of call then please sign and help us send a message to the cruise lines.
Currently, many cruise lines ban bringing drones onboard. That means you can't use it at any ports of call on your itinerary. I whole heartedly understand the desire to prevent it from being flown on the ship while docked or at sea but not allowing us to bring them prevents us from being able to get the most memories possible from our vacation experience.

Please sign and spread the word.
https://www.change.org/p/cruise- ... nging-drones-aboard

Thank you!

Fred
2017-7-13
Use props
NewPro4user
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34964 ft
United States

I signed the petition and everyone on this form should as well.
2017-7-13
Use props
Majestic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 541831 ft
  • >>>
United States

NewPro4user Posted at 2017-7-13 12:12
I signed the petition and everyone on this form should as well.

Thank you. Sadly I have shared this in many groups (not just here) and to date have 11 signatures. Guess not many people care or don't cruise with their drone for video. I was really hoping for the community to come together against something that's just plain wrong but I guess not.
2017-7-13
Use props
Mxh666
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46371 ft
Australia

I signed as well buddy.
2017-7-13
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

I have only ever done one cruise. Will not be hurrying back. I do see your point of allowing access when in ports of call.

The other thing you should consider is being able to take the batteries and charger on board. No good having access at the first port and then having to put it back with flat batteries as it would be no use at the next port.
2017-7-13
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Well I haven't cruised yet but I plan to soon and had no idea this was the case, I see the need to restrict for the non abiders, But I don't think I'd want to see 100 drones flown and 20 of them 1st time flyers crashing.... you fill in the blanks, where, how, and into, what, or who...  At the PORTS.  
Now if you're going somewhere cool in a legal fly zone, I'd like to be able to have mine.
I'm kinda game let me hear what others say about this before I commit for sure.
Am I RIGHT guys for feeling this way.
Lets hear it.
2017-7-13
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

guyyyyyys! bring the spark and smuggle it in by taking off the props and say its a fancy designer mobile phone if somebody ask. --->problem solved.
2017-7-16
Use props
Daves Drone 555
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799567 ft
United Kingdom

Petition signed.
2017-7-17
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

With all the fuss (new laws appearing left and right) about "controlling" drones, have you investigated what the laws are (or aren't?) in your ports of call? It would not be unusual to discover that the Bahamas have a law, Jamaica doesn't, Turks and Caicos does, but it's significantly different than the Bahamas, etc.

Not to mention - it's very likely that a several mile radius around ports might be NFZs.

There are also enormous restrictions involving amateur radio on most cruise lines - even when the ship isn't moving.

If you crash your drone somewhere near home, you may have a chance to find the pieces. If you're on a cruise and decide to go flying in Lower Slobbovia and crash your drone, the ship may be ready to sail before you find your Phantom!
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules