I2 X4S Over-exposed Photos
2051 8 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1486811 ft
United States

I'm experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Inspire 2 and X4S camera which began after updating to the most recent firmware. As you can see in the pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/na01yz38guouv7e/AACgSiatUQePfaRegXmGxBGWa?dl=0

On both auto and manual photo settings, with the ISO at 100, the video feed looks perfectly exposed, and normally, the photos come out exactly the same as the video feed looks. However, after the most recent firmware update, the photos come out extremely overexposed, to the point where they can't even be edited to look okay. It's also interesting to note that with the EV set at -2.0, the photos still come out as overexposed as they do when the EV is set at 0, even though the video feed becomes dark as it should for an EV of -2.0. When I set the EV to -2.3, the photos suddenly come out dark just as the video feed is. So the photos either come out extremely overexposed or- if you manipulate the settings ridicioulsly, come out extremely underexposed. There is absolutely NO in-between despite what you can try to do.
My attempts to resolve this bug include- Both "restore factory defaults" and firmware refresh through DJI Assistant on my PC. I have done this two times, two separate days in desperation to fix the issue. The camera was mounted for both the restore and the refresh both times. I have also removed the camera, looked for anything unusual, and reinstalled the camera. Nothing. I also tried a different SD card- still nothing. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 on my iPad Pro 9.7- did nothing. I have also tested on both of my CrystalSky monitors (I am a beta tester) and the issue was still there.
Video comes out fine, but my photos are unusuable, which is crucial to me because I use my Inspire 2 more for photos than I do for videos.

DJI, PLEASE help me resolve this issue in any way possible. I feel like I have done everything I possibly can to solve any bugs and after countless hours starting from July 5th, I have gotten absolutely nowhere and I don't know what to do now. I have emailed DJI but I have not received any reply regarding the issue.

2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product. The picture you provided is not enough for analysis, could you please upload several original pictures including both overexposed and underexposed from SD card?
Have you tried the auto mode? Will the pictures be overexposed?
On the other hand, there will be a comparison between X4S and FPV camera. Is it convenient to provide the screenshot of them?
Thanks for bring this issue to our attention, we need your cooperation to provide more information.
2017-7-17
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 02:15
I'm sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product. The picture you provided is not enough for analysis, could you please upload several original pictures including both overexposed and underexposed from SD card?
Have you tried the auto mode? Will the pictures be overexposed?
On the other hand, there will be a comparison between X4S and FPV camera. Is it convenient to provide the screenshot of them?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqgvath7cgdmwq9/DJI_0326.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qp0so51s8cbq3o/DJI_0325.JPG?dl=0

Here are the images straight from the SD card... The issue happens in both auto and manual photo settings- the pictures are extremely overexposed unless you manipulate the EV, but as I said in my post, you can set the EV to -2.0 and it's still badly overexposed, but when you set it to -2.3, the images come out extremely dark. This is why I said there is no in between where the images come out perfectly exposed as they should and have in the past before this firmware update.
I am not sure where you are going with the FPV camera.. The FPV camera feed is always overexposed unless it's dark out. Regarding my issue, the video feed on the screen from the X4S camera looks perfectly exposed on auto mode, however despite this the photos come out extremely overexposed.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscc292e56 Posted at 2017-7-17 13:34
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqgvath7cgdmwq9/DJI_0326.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qp0so51s8cbq3o/DJI_0325.JPG?dl=0

Thanks for your information, I have forwarded your issue to our engineer for analysis, I will come back to you very soon once I hear from them, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, Can you test this again after close the mechanics shutter?
you can set the shutter speed slower than 1/2000s.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanscc292e56,the post by 5# is from our R&D engineer, would you please test it at your most convenience and keep us posted? Thank you for your time.
2017-7-19
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
United States

Turning the mechanical shutter option off in the settings fixed the issue- thank you very much!
2017-7-20
Use props
djibeginner
New

Turkey

I had the same problem. Can you tell me if there is a permanent fix or just the mechanical shutter off?
2017-9-6
Use props
recycle.kingsleymail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4478153 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I had the exact same problem, thank you!
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules