New User Needs Help with Flight Modes and General Questions
393 0 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epps
New
United States

I'm a pilot that just bought my first drone.  Mavic Pro.  I have been practicing flight modes and how to translate them to cinematic video results.  I have some questions, I hope can be answered here.  So here goes....

1.  I want to shoot a video of a football field, which has me starting behind the scoreboard, and then as I fly over the top of the scoreboard the field comes into view.  I thought it would be neat to keep the camera pointed at the logo on the 50 yard line.  None of the intelligent flight modes seem to do this, although I am obviously a newbie, so I could be way off.  Someone said Active Track with Spotlight will move the gimbal, so that may be the way to automatically keep the center of the video pointed at the school logo.  However, since the logo won't be visible until after I come over the scoreboard, I was wondering if I should start at the end and pull back and up to the starting position, and then use a video editor to reverse it so it looks like I am starting behind the scoreboard.  Does that make sense?  Is there a better way to do this?  Can Active Track use a spot on a field, or does it have to be a moving object?

2.  Same football field.  I want to get just above the ground and go straight and fast down the field with the yard line numbers whizzing by.  I tried just moving the stick forward, but it doesn't keep a straight path.  Which mode will allow me to do what I need?  TapFly?  I heard something about a flight path mode, but haven't been able to get something like that to work.  Your feedback is appreciated.

3.  What is the difference between ATTI, OPTI, and GPS Modes?

4. I've tried two takeoffs in the house.  The goal was only to hover.  In both cases, the drone veered to the side upon takeoff.  Even with auto takeoff.  It seems others on YouTube don't have that issue.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your response.

ME
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules