Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 crashing on my I Pad Mini 3.
1408 13 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maverick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269245 ft
United States

I want to start by saying that  I love my Mavic and have been completely satisfied. I have been taking excellent care of my Mavic Pro. It has never been crashed and is in its case when not in use.  My last two flights the DJI Go 4 app has crashed on IPad mini 3. The first flight the app crashed while I was landing but the second one I was only about click away. I am guessing it was the last firmware update but am not sure how to undo the update.  That's why I'm here. Help please.,, Want to mention that turning off and restarting the app didn't work. I had to hit RTH, which worked great, I waited until my bird got close to home then took over and landed...  Has this been happening to other I Pad mini 3s?
2017-7-13
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Ha! They used to say these kind of issues happen only with Android.
(Not helping I know - sorry for your troubles)...
2017-7-13
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

A7 chip on that is at the minimum spec ..... make sure anything in the background is off, on airplane mode, and you have enough space if caching video

Or splash out at get a newer one
2017-7-14
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

If able to do so uninstall as much apps you can from that thing. Some suggest airplane mode so you can try that. Need to maximize as much processor power as possible cause this mavic does take it.
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-7-13 23:34

Ha Ha Ha... no worries.  I was flying with an Ares 8, (cheapest android tablet ever)  and an I phone 5 when I first got my Mavic but they keep upgrading the app and loosing devices on the way.
2017-7-14
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly with an iPad mini 3 and have not had this issue at all. I'd make sure you have sufficient space on the iPad Mini also may want to try to delete the app and re-download it?
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-14 04:47
A7 chip on that is at the minimum spec ..... make sure anything in the background is off, on airplane mode, and you have enough space if caching video

Yes, I discovered the issue with the processor and  caching the video a while back and just don't cache it. You actually get a warning telling you the processor is having trouble. This time there was no warning. I will try airplane mode. Would be nice if it were that simple. Thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-14 04:47

Nope.. Airplane mode is not the answer. At first I thought so but app crashed right before landing. This is the first problems I have had with the mini 3 other than the video caching, which doesn't bother me. I have many flights with this tablet with no issues up until this last firmware update. I have no intentions of getting goggles ( i have a race drone for that kinda flying),  How do I undo the last firmware update or can I?
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

manfredo Posted at 2017-7-14 08:26
I fly with an iPad mini 3 and have not had this issue at all. I'd make sure you have sufficient space on the iPad Mini also may want to try to delete the app and re-download it?

Your probably right about reloading the app. I feel stupid. Duh.. Glad to hear your not experiencing the same issue.  I will test after work. Pretty sure that will fix... should have been the first step. Sorry for wasting anybodies time.. Will get back after testing... Thanks
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

manfredo Posted at 2017-7-14 08:26

That was it... Just burn through two batteries with no problems. Excellent.  Sure feel like a dumb ass.. Guess just kinda surprised because the Mavic Pro has been such a perfect machine so far and then it just starts getting glitchy .  Thanks for your time.
2017-7-14
Use props
Maverick1
lvl.2
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-7-13 23:34

Ha.. it wasn't the I pad.. just a bad download and a idiot...lol
2017-7-14
Use props
Steve.Davis717
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44049 ft
United States

Maverick1 Posted at 2017-7-14 20:41
Ha.. it wasn't the I pad.. just a bad download and a idiot...lol

Does the iPad Mini 3 fit the Mavic Controller well?
2017-7-15
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

Steve.Davis717 Posted at 2017-7-15 17:07
Does the iPad Mini 3 fit the Mavic Controller well?

I'm sure it will I had a mini 2 and went to the mini 4. They are all about the same size or real close
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_mini_3-6741.php
2017-7-16
Use props
Steve.Davis717
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44049 ft
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-7-16 03:21
I'm sure it will I had a mini 2 and went to the mini 4. They are all about the same size or real close
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_mini_3-6741.php

Thanks for the info! Now if I can just sell my P4, lol!
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules