Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error: Images not being saved on the Magic SD card
808 9 2017-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phoenix 77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46240 ft
Australia

I recently updated the firmware on my magic and since the update it has stopped saving images to the SD card.  It all worked fine pre firmware update.

A few things I noted:the capacity remaining value on the card reduces as I take photos and videos while flying but powering off the drone and powering back on again returns the SD card to full capacity.
I have tried reformatting the card and trying an alternate card and experience the same issue.
I have tried switching the file format to JPEG, raw and j+r, none with any success
I have also tried automatically clearing the cache, again with no success.

In my flight record it does show some thumbnails with a cloud image by them, but I can't access these images.

All worked fine before the firmware update 2 days ago and I can still see images and videos in my phone taken before the firmware update.

I'm on vacation in a beautiful location and taking some great images that the drone doesn't retain after a power cycle. We are only here for 1 more day so I'm getting a little down and disappointed with DJI and the magic right now.

Thanks in advance people. Your help will be VERY much appreciated.

Gareth

2017-7-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey Gareth - all i can think to suggest considering your tight time constrains is to see if you cant perhaps borrow another phone from a travel companion, - its not ideal of course - but might be a short term solution?
2017-7-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

hey gareth - just curious - what devise are you using? also you might try uninstalling the app and reloading it up again - when i was first told to do that it sounded like a ball ache but eventually i did it and solved my problem - although my issues were not the same as yours.
2017-7-13
Use props
Phoenix 77
lvl.1
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-13 22:08
hey gareth - just curious - what devise are you using? also you might try uninstalling the app and reloading it up again - when i was first told to do that it sounded like a ball ache but eventually i did it and solved my problem - although my issues were not the same as yours.

Thanks for the reply.  I have 2 devices with me, an iPad Pro and iPhone 6s. I tried both with no success.

I will try reinstalling the app now on the iPhone and see if that resolves the issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
South Africa

Phoenix 77 Posted at 2017-7-13 22:09
Thanks for the reply.  I have 2 devices with me, an iPad Pro and iPhone 6s. I tried both with no success.

I will try reinstalling the app now on the iPhone and see if that resolves the issue.

good luck man - i know how it feels to be in your position.
2017-7-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

If you take video, is it saved to the card?
2017-7-13
Use props
Phoenix 77
lvl.1
Australia

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-13 22:16
good luck man - i know how it feels to be in your position.

Unfortunately it was a big fail. The cabin we have up here in the hills doesn't have wifi. I deleted the app and can no longer download it as it's above 100mb.

Hmphhh

Thanks for your help. I may just need to come back another time.
2017-7-13
Use props
Phoenix 77
lvl.1
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-13 22:17
If you take video, is it saved to the card?

No, nothing gets saved to the card. Both video and photos appear to reduce the time/capacity remaining on the card but when I try and access them post flight it says connection error.

When I power off the drone and back on again the capacity has returned to 3800 images and the app shows no images saved.

I can however still see the flight log and thumbnails of the images I took.
2017-7-13
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Try re-formatting your Mavic SD card.  You can do it from the GO App.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansc0033400
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52808 ft
United States

i have tge same problem, i placed a brand new sd card and capacity is limited. i even see while in flight it stops recording on its own and i dont see the remaining values of the sd card storage capacity. i was on cavation in DR and got back today. looking at my videos now and some are even not accessable. very dissapointed with this. THis all happened after last update. BTW i do have the recommended sd card ratings for hd and and 4k speeds
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules