Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo and Video issue
1322 11 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geomic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319203 ft
Australia

Hi all,

I Have been using my Mavic Pro for a few weeks now, with great photos and videos of our coastal location in Nambucca Heads Australia.

In the last two day, I have been getting a progressive problem. Yesterday when in action the screen on my device/Mob ph. started to have large Diagonal Black & White lines in any part of the screen with bright or white areas. The finished photos and videos (been using JPG/MP4) were still in a reasonable quality (I had lowered the resolutions to 2.7K, 24P when prob started). On today's flight, virtually the whole screen had the large Diagonal Black & White lines across the screen, and in the end result the Vids and photos were either faded or all white. See the attached photos. Coincidently, I started using filter lenses at the same time.

I have calibrated the Gimbal numerous times after changing the Filters or resetting the camera settings, but this didn't seem to fix the problem.

Can someone please tell me if I have accidently reset the camera setting, is the problem in the Mavic camera, or is there another issue that can be fixed
?

I was getting great quality Videos and Photos until yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this problem,
Mavic Camera Prob 04 ~ 140717.jpg

Down View

Down View
2017-7-14
Use props
danielwilkie29
Second Officer
United Kingdom

HI,

The problem looks like the photos are over exposed, i would reccomend looking at the camera and the ISO settings etc to see if they can be brought down? Also the black and white stripes sound like a feature called "Zebra" that helps you see whats exposed and what isnt
2017-7-14
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

danielwilkie29 Posted at 2017-7-14 01:57
HI,

The problem looks like the photos are over exposed, i would reccomend looking at the camera and the ISO settings etc to see if they can be brought down? Also the black and white stripes sound like a feature called "Zebra" that helps you see whats exposed and what isnt

Daniel, What you are saying makes sense and I'll definitely check out if  I've accidentally chose the Zebra feature out, along with the ISO.
Thanks for your suggestion.
2017-7-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Like Daniel says, the Zebra striping tells you where the highlights are blowing out, possibly because you've accidentally slipped into manual exposure mode and are overexposing. Check your EV numbers as well, if they are high positive numbers, you're likely overexposing even in auto-exposure mode.
2017-7-14
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Don't depend on your  auto - exposure to make everything right in your shots in most cases it won't.  The wheel on the upper right let's you manually trim the exposure for different scenes - I use it constantly since if the shot gets over the horizon (sky) you have to deal with a high contrast exposure difference. Also make sure its set to its neutral position when you lift off.

Regards - Mike .  
2017-7-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

As others have indicated, you have the Over Exposure indicator turned on.  I use it myself.  It helps me maintain the right exposure.

You can turn it off if you don't care to use it.......
2017-7-14
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

Thank You! for the advice guys, I see how it all goes over the weekend.
2017-7-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What you're seeing is the overexposure indicator on your screen.  You must have turned it on while you were changing camera modes.  Just turn it off if you don't like it.  Better yet, learn to use it. It's a tool.  Alternatively, learn to use the histogram.
2017-7-14
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 961198 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-7-14 18:22
What you're seeing is the overexposure indicator on your screen.  You must have turned it on while you were changing camera modes.  Just turn it off if you don't like it.  Better yet, learn to use it. It's a tool.  Alternatively, learn to use the histogram.

Possibly to make it easier take it back to default.   Start over getting it the way you like.   Default is not bad and is a good start.
2017-7-14
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

Took my 3rd flight out yesterday and my issue also was this overexposure the OP has/had. From the beautiful footage I captured on the 1st and 2nd flight, I never adjusted any cam/vid settings, it was just completely blown out!? I tried to go Manual and get it to where it looked good, even A/E locked it but it would constantly change back to crappy overexposure?? It was an overcast day, but so was the 2nd flight and it still captured decent video without any fuss??
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1zSARpg206zsZrgs2
2017-7-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

In auto-exposure mode, is the exposure control set to 0 (zero)?  You can still control exposure in auto with the exposure control.
2017-7-16
Use props
Geomic
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks to all you guy for your suggestions.

Not being real familiar with the camera setting and the menus, your help was appreciated.  It seems that I created a simple problem for myself by rotating the Camera  Setting Wheel (top right on Controller) without realising what it was actually doing. Just does to show, experience means a lot!
It appears that I turned the wheel completely to one side  and that sent the Zebra effect and the ISO into a spin, today I played with the setting and found the problem, I haven't flown it and tried the camera, but from a stationary position it all looks good.
Being a begginers, is there a way of disabling the wheel until I get familiar with the controls and need it!
Again thanks all, I really enjoying this Forum.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules