Ground Station Pro - Max Flight Radius Issue
2826 4 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
civilogistix
New
United States

Recently I have been having problems with my Phantom 4 Pro and DJI's Ground Station Pro app.

When the preflight checklist is all green and indicates it is ready to go I hit the fly button and it prompts me with an error.

The error indicates that I cannot take off because max flight radius cannot be exceeded. However, max flight radius is not even turned on.

This leads me to believe there is an issue with the software. When I open DJI GO and change the max altitude and then go back into Ground Station Pro, it works.

Needless to say, this is strange, altitude adjusting shouldn’t affect the flight radius nor should one app affect another.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks.
2017-7-14
Use props
fansc4c028dd
lvl.1
United States

One of my pilots is having this issue with a Phantom 4. Last month he was able to fly a smaller area and this month no luck. I don't think he adjusted AGL though. I fly with the P4P all over the U.S. and have not had this issue yet, super frustrating bug to have. We have such a short turn time that I suggest Map Pilot/ DroneDepoly/ Autopilot for our pilots to switch to in case they have an issue. Every pilot we have has had an issue with all flight software except Autopilot. Sure hope there is an update to the issue soon!
Wish I could be of more help.
2017-7-18
Use props
Kevin Barber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1980443 ft
United States

I saw that issue about a week ago. I could fly a smaller area, but when I tried to expand I got that same error. It would be nice to know what the limit is, if there really is one.
2017-7-18
Use props
stennoyeah
New
Flight distance : 268340 ft
Australia

I have encouted this erros in the lastest firware update, specifically i think the issue is realted to the change

For increased safety, flights will now be restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance of 50 m when not connected and logged into DJI GO 4 or another third-party app compatible with DJI aircraft.

I dont understand why the GS pro is not a compatible app, but if you start dji go 4 first then go into the GS Pro app it will work fine.

Love a solution that doesn't require using two apps
2017-7-18
Use props
stennoyeah
New
Flight distance : 268340 ft
Australia

stennoyeah Posted at 2017-7-18 18:31
I have encouted this erros in the lastest firware update, specifically i think the issue is realted to the change

For increased safety, flights will now be restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance of 50 m when not connected and logged into DJI GO 4 or another third-party app compatible with DJI aircraft.

Correction to my previous post, what I meant to say opening the dji go app first and enabling max flight distance, would fix the error, in some cases when re starting the drone and  DJI Go app it would still keep my flight restriction distance and then the GS pro would work, however, this is not always the case , it seems to depend on what app I used last and if the DJI Go app was running in the background .

From further testing any change to the flight restriction make the Gs pro app work, like the first poster said, it must be a bug because changing the height will make it work.
Did a test if starting in Gs pro and flying manual height  is restricted to 30m and distance 50m , as per the firmeware update
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules