Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I crashed my mavic... fly safe guys :-(
2230 19 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

I believe none is gonna escape.. sooner or later we all make that mistake that we are going to regret!
This is 100% my fault, pilot mistake..  even though  I'm always careful of the place where i'm flying :-(

this is the footage :

i hope it'll be a lesson for other pilots ...

2017-7-14
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Very lucky!
2017-7-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

yeah... incredible lucky ! without that man going all the way up.. i dunno what i could have done !
2017-7-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-7-14 10:14
yeah... incredible lucky ! without that man going all the way up.. i dunno what i could have done !

Nice ending for a change
2017-7-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-7-14 10:26
Nice ending for a change

well as you know in life we are generally not expecting a " happy ending "  so i consider myself very very lucky :-)
2017-7-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Give that man a reward!

Your rule to never fly backward should really be extended to never fly in any direction that you don't have some realistic bearing.  You're not seeing up, down, or behind.  Only in front.  So any move in a direction not the same as the direction of the camera is taking a risk.  Having clarity of surroundings will help reduce your chances ending up with a crash.......
2017-7-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-7-14 12:00
well as you know in life we are generally not expecting a " happy ending "  so i consider myself very very lucky :-)

so true words spoken ;-)
2017-7-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

NoSale Posted at 2017-7-14 12:41
Give that man a reward!

Your rule to never fly backward should really be extended to never fly in any direction that you don't have some realistic bearing.  You're not seeing up, down, or behind.  Only in front.  So any move in a direction not the same as the direction of the camera is taking a risk.  Having clarity of surroundings will help reduce your chances ending up with a crash.......

yeah i did give him a big reward ! if wasn't for him i'd not know how to get so high over that tree !!!
2017-7-14
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Fly backwards in my books isn't a rule. Reason behind it is that I have by accident, pulled the wrong lever and went backwards pretty quick in the trees. I did learn though how good of a weed whacker but for spruce trees, my Mavic made. So here I did go backwards and screwed up 3 blade tips. Have I gone backwards other times? Hell yeah. Just beware of your surroundings. And yes I have hit something that I couldn't really see from where I was (guy wire) and kinda broke again, blade tips. Maybe one day I'll get better but for now, I just gain experience. Even pros make booboos. They just don't publish them! LOL
2017-7-14
Use props
RCKable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Glad you were able to get it back...I hope you bought that guy lunch or at least gave him one of those you are my hero type of hugs
2017-7-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video(at the start) and also a very good ending....
2017-7-14
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

RCKable Posted at 2017-7-14 15:56
Glad you were able to get it back...I hope you bought that guy lunch or at least gave him one of those you are my hero type of hugs

oh believe me.. i thanked him 10000 times.. and i gave him beer for all the week coming :-) i tried myself to catch the mavic on the top of that tree.. i've got half way and the breanches started to be so tiny.. i was thinking how worth fall from there would be the mavic... i hardly get scared but in that moment i felt like i could not reach it without risk to fall and break something ! In that moment i went down and thought alternatives.. then he suddenly comes without one single word and go up.. amazing !!!!!!!
2017-7-15
Use props
SteWong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

Lucky man,
2017-7-15
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, my experience as well. "Wow, it seems the Mavic flies  backwards faster." Turns out it crashes faster into a tree as well. Any damage? Inspect the props meticulously.
2017-7-15
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

yes, absolutely lucky :-)
2017-7-15
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-7-15 04:51
Yeah, my experience as well. "Wow, it seems the Mavic flies  backwards faster." Turns out it crashes faster into a tree as well. Any damage? Inspect the props meticulously.

yes in the end JUST to be on the safe side i did remove ONE propeller .. and before that i just checked all of them.. removed propellers inspected the motors ( something could have gone inside and create problems ) but nothing inside.. before going back to FLY normal it took me some flights.. i wanted to be sure it would not fall from sky suddenly lol !
i was thinking HOW could i be so lucky? nothing broken?? so i had to do several test just to exclude that ! :-))) now is 1 month and many flights.. so all good :-)
2017-7-15
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

There is a lot of luck involved in being able to survive the beginner stage of drone piloting. my first tree hurt my gimbal - back to china - my second tree damaged the props only - my third tree was a purposeful crash land because there were lots of water holes in the area and rather a crash than a swim -  i consider my self lucky on all occassions.
as a tree climbing arborist about the only thing i am not scared of and fully competent to do, is to climb a tree - hope i will never need to do this to retrieve my own drone.
First tree i am sure was due to dji glitch - second tree was my fault as i backed into it slowly (while concentrating on lining up a photo shot) without realising until it was too late - third tree was also my fault, but not for the crashing, that part was intended but for missing a flight detail that forced me to a position where i had to make a choice between purposeful crashing or risking a possible water landing.
nice to hear you had a good outcome
2017-7-16
Use props
Flying_Aquila
lvl.1

Italy

seriously nothing got broken? was it difficult to recover? and how do you create this video?
sorry so many questions, I'm new I'd like to learn!
2017-7-16
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

Flying_Aquila Posted at 2017-7-16 01:48
seriously nothing got broken? was it difficult to recover? and how do you create this video?
sorry so many questions, I'm new I'd like to learn!

hey , yes but i was very lucky !I think mavic pro is tough but still don't play with luck too much LOL
the video i used Premiere Pro by Adobe is the best in my opinion but is not the easiest ... i suggest you to try some entry level app !  
if you watch the video you will see how difficult it was to recover ...
2017-7-16
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Italy

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-16 00:37
There is a lot of luck involved in being able to survive the beginner stage of drone piloting. my first tree hurt my gimbal - back to china - my second tree damaged the props only - my third tree was a purposeful crash land because there were lots of water holes in the area and rather a crash than a swim -  i consider my self lucky on all occassions.
as a tree climbing arborist about the only thing i am not scared of and fully competent to do, is to climb a tree - hope i will never need to do this to retrieve my own drone.
First tree i am sure was due to dji glitch - second tree was my fault as i backed into it slowly (while concentrating on lining up a photo shot) without realising until it was too late - third tree was also my fault, but not for the crashing, that part was intended but for missing a flight detail that forced me to a position where i had to make a choice between purposeful crashing or risking a possible water landing.

I think your profession might be handy in this cases lol.. actually you could ask money to recover people's drone around ahaha ;)
still feels weird when branches are tiny and they bend.. you don't really know how much pressure they can hold before break and let you fall down..
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules