Goggles/P4 - activation every time?
781 3 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve.Davis717
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44049 ft
United States

I was able to 'activate' my goggles by starting a flight in DJI GO APP, disconnecting from my tablet and connecting to the goggles. I thought this would 'activate' them. When I tried to fly today and connected directly to the goggles (no tablet or DJI GO APP connection) the limiter is back on as though I have not activated them. Does this 'secret handshake' have to be done every time I want to intiate a flight using my Goggles?
2017-7-14
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, you have to do it every time you wish to fly the goggles out of beginner mode.

It's a bizarre and peverse design choice imo.

2017-7-14
Use props
Steve.Davis717
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44049 ft
United States

Kmelx Posted at 2017-7-14 21:19
Yes, you have to do it every time you wish to fly the goggles out of beginner mode.

It's a bizarre and peverse design choice imo.

What a drag. How about logs, any luck with finding flight log data after a Goggle flight?

Seems like I may have to get the HDMI output module which kills the functionality of the touch screen on the goggles. Very disappointed in this product.
2017-7-15
Use props
Kmelx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211870 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't had a look for logs, so I'm not sure on that one. I tend to fly mine using the HDMI out on my Nvidia shield.

My P4P has been behaving very strangely since the last firmware update, I get gimbal drift after taking still photos, so the legs on the drone can end up in view when I'm flying. It's not really safe at the moment to fly it fully fpv as the camera is not always pointing in the direction of movement, so I'm trying to sort that at the moment.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules