Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New proposed Canadian Regulations released
1412 19 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHawk420
First Officer
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p ... 5/html/reg2-eng.php
2017-7-14
Use props
JeauxPelle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96647 ft
Canada

Very unfortunate
2017-7-14
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

These are the rules in Danmark, for hobby flying. For commercil flying (inside bult-up areas one needs a special license) :

DK_drone_rules.pdf

198.87 KB, Down times: 7

2017-7-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They will never take me alive. Chuckles

When they do, they'll need to pry my RC from my cold stiff fingers...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-14
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Canada

I'm particularly concerned about the insurance requirements for recreational drone use. My experience is that it's just not available
2017-7-15
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

well ... no understanding this all .. they need to make a simplified version. i have phantom 3 i use for fun only not business so what does that mean for me?
2017-7-15
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

RedHawk420 Posted at 2017-7-15 05:03
I'm particularly concerned about the insurance requirements for recreational drone use. My experience is that it's just not available

I'm sure joining your national RC society will give you insurance coverage. In the UK we get £5million indemnity which does cover you even if not flying on a BMFA club site.
2017-7-15
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Good old USA is next guys!

Just too many idiots screwing it up for us responsible pilots - they have us out-numbered. If you don't believe it just watch YouTube - they are growing at the rate of 14 idiots per hour, its un-controllable!  

We're all doomed - in just a few years we'll be sitting on the forums just talking about the fun we used to have flying RC models!

Regards - Mike
2017-7-15
Use props
4armo
lvl.1
Canada

If you actually read this it's really good news, especially for mavic owners who fall into the very small category.  $35 knowledge test and $100k insurance (they estimate at $15 per year) and you are flying.  30m from people and buildings, which is down from 75m.  Huge reductions in limiting distances from aerodromes and heliports. I'm sure all the people that supported the online petition to Marc Garneau supporting changes to regulations made a big impact here!  Sign me up!
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

4armo Posted at 2017-7-16 08:28
If you actually read this it's really good news, especially for mavic owners who fall into the very small category.  $35 knowledge test and $100k insurance (they estimate at $15 per year) and you are flying.  30m from people and buildings, which is down from 75m.  Huge reductions in limiting distances from aerodromes and heliports. I'm sure all the people that supported the online petition to Marc Garneau supporting changes to regulations made a big impact here!  Sign me up!

I wonder if Marc is still a high flyer, or if he keeps it on the down low?  ;-$

Now Trudeau has chosen Julie Payette as Canada's latest Govenor General...
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/0 ... nor-general-reports
Being an astronaut has its distinct privileges... ;-)

Beam me up Scotty... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yet another example of what happens when we let frightened old men create regulations. These rules solve "problems" that don't even exist.

Unless these rules are loosened before they are finalized I'm just going to do what I've always done: fly in what I consider a safe manner and if someone from Transport wants to try to issue me a ticket for that, they'd have to find me first.

I can put away the fine money in a high interest savings account and just wager that the people who made these rules are as clueless about enforcement as they are about reality.
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

SimplePanda Posted at 2017-7-16 10:29
Yet another example of what happens when we let frightened old men create regulations. These rules solve "problems" that don't even exist.

Unless these rules are loosened before they are finalized I'm just going to do what I've always done: fly in what I consider a safe manner and if someone from Transport wants to try to issue me a ticket for that, they'd have to find me first.

Find you?
That shouldn't be too difficult.
Isn't your name, phone number and perhaps an email address clearly and boldly written on your drone? Have fun.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-16 13:04
Find you?
That shouldn't be too difficult.

my personal info is BOLDLY and clearly written on my RC !  
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Canada

4armo Posted at 2017-7-16 08:28

I saw that they were estimating a cost of $15 for insurance but I know recreational insurance in not available today and I doubt that any company could even process a policy for that amount.
Are they intending to mandate the insurance industry to provide such policies?
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RedHawk420 Posted at 2017-7-16 14:05
I saw that they were estimating a cost of $15 for insurance but I know recreational insurance in not available today and I doubt that any company could even process a policy for that amount.
Are they intending to mandate the insurance industry to provide such policies?

I bet it would be easier in British Columbia, where the government controls and runs the insurance...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Canada

Transport Canada is asking for input on these proposed regulations. What is everyone most worried about?
2017-7-19
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

This is only a working proposal? Or is it current Canadian law???
2017-7-19
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Canada

It's a working proposal that we should respond to. I think we have 90 days
2017-7-20
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I propose we boot the liberals like we did in BC, Seriously, I agree, I have sent letters to my local MP.. Who actually responded... So GET INVOLVED OR SHUT UP, I say
2017-7-20
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Canada

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-7-20 10:07
I propose we boot the liberals like we did in BC, Seriously, I agree, I have sent letters to my local MP.. Who actually responded... So GET INVOLVED OR SHUT UP, I say

Got that right...... don't complain after the fact
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules