Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Faulty camera?
634 3 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
g.cooper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I recently purchased my Mavic, and took it out today for a test flight. I had an issue with my previous drone (Phantom 3 standard) at first, where the left side of the footage was blurry.

I don't have this with the Mavic, however I feel like I am experiencing a new issue...

The pixels are very jittery in some areas of the image, and I'm unsure as to whether or not this is generally a fault with the Mavic's camera as I haven't heard anyone on youtube commenting on it.

Please see some test footage for some examples -

In fairness, i was shooting in low light, but the EV read +/- 0. Shot at 100 ISO, 1/60 and in D-LOG.

Other settings that may have made a difference is +1 sharpening, however I fail to see how this would impact the image in this way.

With the P3S I never experienced any issues like this, even in low light, so when UPGRADING to the Mavic, I am rather confused as to how the image quality has been so poor!
Would love to know if any other Mavic users have experienced this, so I can send back for a replacement through Amazon ASAP if that is the case!

Cheers
George
2017-7-14
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic cameras are not great in low light. I tend to shoot in normal as well but many others use D-log. Sure they will give their input.
2017-7-14
Use props
g.cooper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-7-14 13:57
Mavic cameras are not great in low light. I tend to shoot in normal as well but many others use D-log. Sure they will give their input.

Based on the footage does it seem normal to you though or faulty?
2017-7-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

g.cooper Posted at 2017-7-14 14:11
Based on the footage does it seem normal to you though or faulty?

That last video shows some serious key-frame pumping. I hesitate to weigh-in on whether or not this is expected as I have done very little low-light shooting, certainly not this low-light, but I suspect the answer from those who have is going to be that's normal for this camera stack.
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules