Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark won't hover. Acts sporadic at launch
2718 15 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaneRBjorklund
New
Flight distance : 59311 ft
United States

Spark started at act weird mid flight and now will not hover. Very aggressive increase and decrease of altitude immediately after launch.  Spark won't react to controller properly.   Please help
2017-7-14
Use props
DaneRBjorklund
New
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54eafq21o8afl0z/61?dl=0
2017-7-14
Use props
DaneRBjorklund
New
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8vwn3 ... 714_214633.mp4?dl=0
Here is the video of it acting up

2017-7-14
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

That definitely looks like something wrong. Open a case with DJI for sure.

Does it do this over any surface? I wonder if the VPS sonar is confused by the cracks in the deck (it shouldnt be, but just wondering)
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It could be VPS or IMU, VPS is what keeps your AC locked to the ground maintaining height at levels under 30 ft or so, you could test this out by seeing how AC handles at higher altitude.

IMU see my thoughts below

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surface updates a table of values the flight controller software uses as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ; certainly after any impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover in a level attitude in a windless environment. Also after a firmware update is a good opportunity just in case the stored values get corrupted or are incompatible with the later firmware.

2017-7-15
Use props
DaneRBjorklund
New
United States

OneMatt Posted at 2017-7-15 12:06
That definitely looks like something wrong. Open a case with DJI for sure.

Does it do this over any surface? I wonder if the VPS sonar is confused by the cracks in the deck (it shouldnt be, but just wondering)

Yes it does it on any surface.  
2017-7-15
Use props
DaneRBjorklund
New
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-15 12:21
It could be VPS or IMU, VPS is what keeps your AC locked to the ground maintaining height at levels under 30 ft or so, you could test this out by seeing how AC handles at higher altitude.

IMU see my thoughts below

I have recalibrated the imu many times through the dji app.  Also the compass and the controller. I have also used a different contorller to elinate that as a factor.  I have restored to factory using assistant 2 as well as downgraded and then upgraded back to latest firmware.
2017-7-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DaneRBjorklund Posted at 2017-7-15 15:37
I have recalibrated the imu many times through the dji app.  Also the compass and the controller. I have also used a different contorller to elinate that as a factor.  I have restored to factory using assistant 2 as well as downgraded and then upgraded back to latest firmware.

It seems like you have done your best, you may just have a faulty spark. Maybe you should send back for replacement.
I can imagine it's a pain, it shouldn't happen but there you go, you deserve to have a spark that's working perfectly, that's what you paid for.

I wish you good luck.
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Did you contact support to get a case number? If so, would you please leave me your case number? And what is your aircraft SN?
2017-7-17
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

DaneRBjorklund Posted at 2017-7-14 18:58
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8vwn3 ... 714_214633.mp4?dl=0
Here is the video of it acting up

Simple idea...have you checked your props? Do you have any prop damage? Are you sure you got the right color props on the right color motors?

It could be IMU or compass, but sometimes its a simple thing like the props and I didnt see anyone mention it yet...worth a shot.
2017-7-17
Use props
TONYSPARKFDZ
New

Mexico

Hi Dane, I want to know if you solve your problem, I do have this same issue and don´t know how to fix it. Thanks
2017-11-8
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Mine did that once.. but I landed rebooted and all was fine after that. I wonder what the flight logs would say your VPS altitude is during this.
2017-11-8
Use props
TONYSPARKFDZ
New

Mexico

LouisP Posted at 2017-11-8 13:33
Mine did that once.. but I landed rebooted and all was fine after that. I wonder what the flight logs would say your VPS altitude is during this.

Hi Louis

How did you landed rebooted your drone or where can I do that?

thanks.
Tony
2017-11-8
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

"How did you landed rebooted your drone or where can I do that?"

I just meant that I landed the spark. .  turned it off and back on then took off again and everything was fine.   
If yours is doing that every time there may be a different problem....
Also, have you tried taking off from another surface?   The wooden deck MIGHT (probably not but MIGHT) be confusing the downward vision sensors.

2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_mOODgX3cK7r3
lvl.1

France

Hey all. I have the same problem.with my spark. Motors turn but spark wont fly. Just acts sporadic.
2019-6-21
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

djiuser_mOODgX3cK7r3 Posted at 6-21 02:55
Hey all. I have the same problem.with my spark. Motors turn but spark wont fly. Just acts sporadic.

Might be better to start a new thread 'stead of tagging onto one 2 years old.
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules