error -2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie
3466 19 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277995 ft
United States

Hello folks, I'm getting this message trying to playback and edit my footage in Quicktime and Adobe Premiere , "error -2002: a bad public movie atom was found in the movie"
This is unacceptable we support DJI and we purchase thier products we are spending tons of money, and we are not getting critical problems resovled with the firmware.

The issue that we are having is the actual codec header that DJI uses to write the information about the video 'it's corrupted and Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere , Avid Media Composer will not playback the footage.  

We must all come together and protest! If Dji do not fix this issue, I will launch a full feldge media campaign that will expose the hell out of DJI , Currently I own the Phantom 4 pro and the Osmo. When I first purchased the P4P I was excited and was a poud supporter of thier products, now I'm seeing though the bull crap.

look at the trend they are manufacturing new products but they are not perfecting the current ones, so what happens is everyone will gravitate towards the new products but the older models will become legacy products with less technical support and updates.

United We Drone, Divided We Fall

2017-7-14
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Is it possible that you powered down the drone while it was still recording.  This will create a issue with the video file.   Is your SD fast enough for the task?  It it just one file or all your files?   Does it happen  at 1080, 2K and 4K.

Most of the google references are  10 years old. What version of Premiere are you using. and Finally will the VLC video player play the file.
2017-7-15
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I assume you are saving it in mov format. I use mp4 and have no issues with Adobe Premiere Pro playing the videos.
2017-7-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Instead of threatening DJI straight out, why not calm down and ask for help instead. The files coming out of the aircraft are able to be played back and edited in Premiere by lots of other people, so logically it will be a problem with your system.

2017-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Instead of going berserk it would help if you shared the specifications of the computer and editing software you are using. that would help others in trying to repeat what you are doing and determine where the problem actually lies.
2017-7-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans0,

Dude, you got a problem!  This is a help Forum, not a berserker forum.  You have a problem.  DJI does not have a problem.

I had your problem and I fixed it.  Now, no more problem and I never had to go berserk!  So, do what Geebax says and settle down.

BTW, I like your "United We Drone"!  But you falling on your own head.  So settle down and fly safe.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-16
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-16 02:15
Aloha fans0,

Dude, you got a problem!  This is a help Forum, not a berserker forum.  You have a problem.  DJI does not have a problem.

After Spending over 2000 dollars I have the right to raise hell if you don't like what I say then don't read my post keep it pushing
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
United States

Sorry it took so long to reply , but I use a  Extreame pro 80mps ,shooting 4k, so its not speed and i never powerdown my drone while its recording, I'm using Premiere CS6
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
United States

As far as my copmuter I have a Dell XPS with dual quadcore Xeon processors with 32gigs of ram , x2 500gb SSD's, as far as shooting 1080 i never tried because I downsize in post
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-15 21:56
Instead of threatening DJI straight out, why not calm down and ask for help instead. The files coming out of the aircraft are able to be played back and edited in Premiere by lots of other people, so logically it will be a problem with your system.

I thought I lost my footage
2017-7-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans0accb1ea Posted at 2017-7-23 15:46
After Spending over 2000 dollars I have the right to raise hell if you don't like what I say then don't read my post keep it pushing

Yeah, and as this is primarily a user-help forum, the forum members have the right to ignore you. And it is those members who will try to solve your problem, not DJI. So pull your head in and be humble, or collectively we will ignore you.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0accb1ea
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-23 16:00
Yeah, and as this is primarily a user-help forum, the forum members have the right to ignore you. And it is those members who will try to solve your problem, not DJI. So pull your head in and be humble, or collectively we will ignore you.

Actually no one is really ignoring me and I have gotten responses from folks that's having the same issues and we all are collectively trying to find a solution. I have footage that I shot for clients and I thought I lost it , and someone replied to me directly and said that they lost their footage.  This issue is raising concerns for people  
2017-7-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans0accb1ea Posted at 2017-7-23 15:46

Aloha fans0,

This is a help forum, not a berserker forum.  If I spent $2000 on something and it was not working right, I would certainly try to get it working right - especially if it was cutting edge technology.

This is a free speech Forum.  Note that DJI has not shut you down although they certainly could.  If you do not want me to point out how you are going berserk, then stop going berserk.  I think the English call it "Bad Form".

Now, what can we do to help you with your problem?  As I recall, the "movie atom" problem was real easy to solve when it happened to me.  So, what can we do, what have you done since we last chatted?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-23
Use props
fans0fd2280f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111568 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-23 18:59
Aloha fans0,

This is a help forum, not a berserker forum.  If I spent $2000 on something and it was not working right, I would certainly try to get it working right - especially if it was cutting edge technology.

HELP--same problem. Could this be the card?  I am using a 64mb card--the Sandisk extreme...URGENT help needed.
2017-9-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans0fd2280f Posted at 2017-9-11 17:49
HELP--same problem. Could this be the card?  I am using a 64mb card--the Sandisk extreme...URGENT help needed.

No, it has nothing to do withg the card, it is strictly an Apple problem. Try Googling the phrase 'bad public atom was found' and you will discover it is only being reported by Apple users. And it is not only DJI footage that is causing the error either, it happens on footage from Nikon and Sony cameras. The answer is to play it back or edit it on a PC instead, or if you can't do that, then convert it from an MOV file to ProRes or something that Apple can handle.

Read the answer here, it places the blame for this squarely in Apples lap: https://au.answers.yahoo.com/que ... 080429170137AAbQ6nu
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans0fd2280f Posted at 2017-9-11 17:49

Aloha fans0fd22,

Look at Geebax's Post #15.  It is an Apple problem and he has the answer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans0accb1ea Posted at 2017-7-23 16:23
Actually no one is really ignoring me and I have gotten responses from folks that's having the same issues and we all are collectively trying to find a solution. I have footage that I shot for clients and I thought I lost it , and someone replied to me directly and said that they lost their footage.  This issue is raising concerns for people

Aloha fans0,

Look at Geebax's Post #15.  It is an Apple problem and he has the answer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-11
Use props
TTA
New

United States

I have the same file problem, I have 3 Windows 10 computers, the file shows the same error on all computers, Adobe Premiere CS6 can't read the MOV files, VLC can't convert them to MP4. When a friend with Premiere CC converted to MP4 there are dropped frames making the footage useless.

Does anybody have an answer?

Is there a frame drop compensation function in Adobe that can solve the problem?  (No, I'm not in a position to switch to CC.)
2019-11-14
Use props
TTA
New

United States

Guess what? The 4K DJI MOV files load just fine in Cyberlink PowerDirector without the data error message. Convert to MP4, edit in Premiere, done!
2019-11-14
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

If you change the .mov file to .mp4 by just changing the file extension (renaming it) it will work fine (at least it does on my PC).
2021-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules