Horrendous Service Experience What to do?
1882 30 2017-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=+3]Here is my story and experience with DJI Service and the costs to me so far. First off I've been flying only a couple of years but have bought multiple P3 and P4 models including Pro.

Back in Late May I started to have an issue with my perfect P4P where  the fan was shutting off and on. I made every effort to try and secure a  fan and repair myself as I've heard the DJI Repair horror stories. I've  never sent a bird in for repair instead relied on outside warranties.  After realizing the fan was part of the $600 Gimbal and Camera assembly I  had no choice but to send in for repair.

On June 5, 2017 I shipped my perfect (sans fan) P4P to DJI Cerritos under case number
CAS-689683-R1F8T7.   On a sub note to this, I bought a brand new P4P from B&H to use  while my drone was repaired figuring I'd sell or keep as backup. 2 Days  after purchasing this drone it dropped out of the sky and was  unrecoverable. Most people that reviewed the logs felt it was error with  the drone and not my piloting. However, DJI wouldn't even review the  case under warranty or DJI Refresh because I was using Litchi. So $1500  down the drain...OK moving on..after 7 days DJI received my bird and  proceeded to diagnose, repair, test and send back. 3 weeks total but  what I received back was not my rare fully working drone I'd sent in,  but instead they sent me a dirty, scuffed up drone that was a mess. It  had the original firmware from November 16, I updated and started drone.  The camera was making noise and tilted left. I took it for a flight and  as soon as I would throttle up the horizon would tilt and tilt bad. Not  your normal tilted horizon. Once I'd let go of throttle the horizon  would level off all by itself. I'd just sit in the sky idling and the  camera would level, however second I hit the gas big sideways tilt. I  immediately contacted DJI Support and to say I wasn't happy was an  understatement. I was livid I didn't get my bird back however I got a  used broken down drone. They promised priority handling (which is the exact same as normal. 7 days there, 7 in house, 7 back...

New Case # CAS-745420-Q5T6K9. Bird sent the 27th of June, checked in,  evaluated, tested and returned to me on the 14th of July. First thing I  did was start the drone, immediately I knew there was an issue as the  camera/gimbal were making a grinding sound while idle that sound like a  fax machine receiving a fax. I plugged in the controller and noticed not  a SINGLE ONE OF MY SETTINGS were changed from when I shipped the bird.  So much for testing. Sure enough I took it for a flight check and SAME  EXACT ISSUE was going on. DJI SUPPORT didn't do a DAMN thing to this  bird. 3 More weeks of my life down the drain. So at this point I have  the $1500+ I lost on backup drone and 6+ weeks of time I couldn't fly MY DRONE.

So what to do. Sure I can call DJI and send it back yet again but this  could go on forever. Some have suggested I buy a new drone, swap the  camera and return the drone with the bad camera and let DJI send it to  some poor other person as they don't obviously do any testing. My story  is the same many times over in the different forums, same exact thing. People being sent BAD BIRDS for their repair...

Open to thoughts as to what to do next?
2017-7-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are very sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing, that must have been frustrating for you, we totally understand how you feel now.
Just checked the first case ( CAS-689683-R1F8T7), the repair was covered by warranty, the unit was received on 13th June, we replaced the aircraft and gimbal for you after damage assessment, then shipped it out on 20th June. Since it did not perform properly, we created a new case (CAS-745420-Q5T6K9) for you to send it in for repair again. According to the QA, it was not durty as you described, please refere to the picture attached below.
Sorry I failed to track the case you mention about the second one which dropped out of sky, may I have the case number for this one so I can look into it with appropriate team then make it clear for you?

Besides, we'd love to help you do some troubleshooting firstly for the issues you reported.
For YAW is not centered situation, that may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves toward one side. To fix this issue, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.
For gimbal noise issue after upgrading the latest firmware, please PM me your DJI account (e-mail you use to login Assistant 2), we'll reconfigure the firmware for you to get it addressed.
Please keep us posted, we'll try our best to get all corrected soon, appreciate your patience!
1.png

2017-7-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-14 22:26
We are very sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing, that must have been frustrating for you, we totally understand how you feel now.
Just checked the first case ( CAS-689683-R1F8T7), the repair was covered by warranty, the unit was received on 13th June, we replaced the aircraft and gimbal for you after damage assessment, then shipped it out on 20th June. Since it did not perform properly, we created a new case (CAS-745420-Q5T6K9) for you to send it in for repair again. According to the QA, it was not durty as you described, please refere to the picture attached below.
Sorry I failed to track the case you mention about the second one which dropped out of sky, may I have the case number for this one so I can look into it with appropriate team then make it clear for you?

You did not replace the camera and gimbal on my bird. You sent me a completely different bird. It's the same one that came back a second time. It was dirty, scuff marks on the landing gear etc. It was used. However it doesn't work. The camera leaning left is least of my problems...it's the wondering camera in flight. I have a video. I will get you a link to view. Point is the refurb you sent me doesn't work, I returned it and they didn't nothing. If they did it still doesn't work.

My orginal drone sent in on the first case was serial 0axddb40a20590 and they sent me back 0axddb70a20660 so how is it you sat my unit was repaired????? They sent me a whole different drone that hasn't worked right in two repair attempts? You make it seem like I'm lying here.  Why not give me the history of  0axddb70a20660 - What was wrong with it when returned to DJI? What did they do to fix it? As I said they did nothing to it the 2nd time I returned it. My settings are the same and it's still logged into my account with no flight record in California.?

As for the bird that fell out of the sky there is NO CASE number as they never allowed a case because I used Litchi. Check my records.

Oh firmware, when I got the bird it had November 2016 firmware.....that didn't work so I upgraded to the latest my account is bkushner@snip.net  this is NOT FIRMWARE there is something wrong with the gimbal/camera... Why were at it why didn't they repair my drone's fan instead of sending me someone else's problem?
2017-7-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is exactly how the gimbal/camera sounder when I got it back yesterday, it's the SAME as I sent it in.

Here is exactly how the gimbal/camera moves all around when trying to fly. Same as it did when sent in.

[url= ]flight[/url]

It's unusable...
2017-7-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here are the flight logs. As you can see the drone was never even started between June 26 and July 13th. I was never even logged out of this drone. When I got it back I was already logged in and all my settings were on there. So please explain how they even looked at this drone in the time they had it let alone tested it? They simply got this back waited a few days and sent back to me... No flights between me sending and me receiving.

2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-7-15 12:13
Here are the flight logs. As you can see the drone was never even started between June 26 and July 13th. I was never even logged out of this drone. When I got it back I was already logged in and all my settings were on there. So please explain how they even looked at this drone in the time they had it let alone tested it? They simply got this back waited a few days and sent back to me... No flights between me sending and me receiving.

[view_image]

Sincerely sorry for the difficulties. Since the flight records are binding with the account of the app on the mobile device. So the engineer did not login your account when testing it, the flight records would not be synced to your account. About the noise of the gimbal, we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update. Is it your DJI account you’d mentioned above (bkushner@snip.net)?  
2017-7-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-16 01:22
Sincerely sorry for the difficulties. Since the flight records are binding with the account of the app on the mobile device. So the engineer did not login your account when testing it, the flight records would not be synced to your account. About the noise of the gimbal, we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update. Is it your DJI account you’d mentioned above (bkushner@snip.net)?

Hello Thor. Well he never logged out of my account then because my account was still logged in when the bird came back and it's doing EXACTLY what it was doing when  I sent it. As you can see from video the tilt is all over the place so I can't manually correct. Any throttle turns the horizon.

Yes my account is bkushner@snip.net   Let me know when I can download the software..Thanks for trying to help.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

The beta firmware was sent to your account. Please connect your drone and mobile device and the internet to get the push notifications.
Besides, this is none of the business of whether you had logged out the drone about the flight record question, you can try if you have another activated drone, you can also connect the drone and use it directly if you had logged in your account on the app, and your flight records will follow up with your account and can not sync to the original account of this drone. So a drone can be used in a different mobile device with different account.
OK, back to your situation, try the firmware and keep us updated.
2017-7-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-16 20:34
The beta firmware was sent to your account. Please connect your drone and mobile device and the internet to get the push notifications.
Besides, this is none of the business of whether you had logged out the drone about the flight record question, you can try if you have another activated drone, you can also connect the drone and use it directly if you had logged in your account on the app, and your flight records will follow up with your account and can not sync to the original account of this drone. So a drone can be used in a different mobile device with different account.
OK, back to your situation, try the firmware and get us updated.

I understand but for the drone to come back exactly as sent it does give the impression nothing was done. I also assume the person that returned this had the same problem. I will try the update...hoping it works...thanks for helping...
2017-7-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thor dowloaded the firmware and took a test flight SUCCESS!!!! Gimbal and camera are now stable. It is calling for a calibration of the vision positioning system which I've done before and should be no problem.

Couple of questions.

1. When next firmware comes out will my problem return or will this fix be inside the new firmware?
2. My other P4P is also calling for the update since it's on my account. How should I deal with that. Update? Leave current? My other P4P is working FINE as is.

Thanks again for your help with this.

2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Really appreciate your positive feedback, Brain. We also have the tutorial video for Vision Positioning System, since you had done before but you can take a glance if you need.
For your question:
1. It is the known issue by our engineers, and they had worked on it and the issue will be fixed.
2. We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware cause it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
You are welcome, should you have further question, please feel free to contact us, we would love to help.
Enjoy your flight and have a great day.
2017-7-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 18:12
Really appreciate your positive feedback, Brain. We also have the tutorial video for Vision Positioning System, since you had done before but you can take a glance if you need.
For your question:
1. It is the known issue by our engineers, and they had worked on it and the issue will be fixed.

Calibrated VPS and took test flight, working perfectly. Thanks again!
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-7-18 15:38
Calibrated VPS and took test flight, working perfectly. Thanks again!

It's good to know, hope you have a good time on flying.
Please keep us posted if you have further questions.
2017-7-18
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Sorry to high-jack this post, but what about the situation with Litchi?  "DJI wouldn't even review the  case under warranty or DJI Refresh because I was using Litchi"
Does that means that if we use Litchi, we can not even request for DJI to open a case?
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alexmbraMav Posted at 2017-7-27 10:26
Sorry to high-jack this post, but what about the situation with Litchi?  "DJI wouldn't even review the  case under warranty or DJI Refresh because I was using Litchi"
Does that means that if we use Litchi, we can not even request for DJI to open a case?

We have made it clearly in After-Sales Policy that damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts will not be covered by warranty. So does the DJI Care Refresh.
If the crash is caused by its manufacture defect in warranty, DJI will warranty the drone.
repair service.png
2017-7-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 20:37
We have made it clearly in After-Sales Policy that damage caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using unauthenticated third-party parts will not be covered by warranty. So does the DJI Care Refresh.

In my case Litchi said it wasn't either one of those issues..but hey..
2017-7-27
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 20:37
If the crash is caused by its manufacture defect in warranty, DJI will warranty the drone.

"We have made it clearly"  No you didn't!

But how does Dji knows if the damage was caused by reliability or compatibility issues, if Dji does not even want to review the case because he was using Litchi?
I am asking because I was considering to by Litchi to be able to plan waypoints flights at home without having to fly the drone. So, you guys should be honest with us and tell us the truth.  Do you have another option to create a waypoint path with the drone on the ground?  And, will Dji refuse to review cases if the person is using Litchi?

"DJI wouldn't even review the  case under warranty or DJI Refresh because I was using Litchi"
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alexmbraMav Posted at 2017-7-29 06:44
"We have made it clearly"  No you didn't!

But how does Dji knows if the damage was caused by reliability or compatibility issues, if Dji does not even want to review the case because he was using Litchi?

Our data analysis team will judge if the accident is caused by reliability or compatibility issues when using third-party program.
There is black box in the drone, we will review the case as long as you could provide these data. But if the black box is damaged, we will need flight records to assist to analyze. There is no flight records in Litchi, if the crash accident cannot be analyzed, you will need to pay the repair.
For DJI Care Refresh, it can be used for pilot's error even though you run Litchi.
2017-7-31
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

Thor, I'm also a Phantom 4 Pro owner with similar problems like my fellow OP..  and I'd like to try the beta firmware.. could you please add my DJI login account to the beta test program?
My account is erickwill@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erick.will Posted at 2017-8-13 11:52
Thor, I'm also a Phantom 4 Pro owner with similar problems like my fellow OP..  and I'd like to try the beta firmware.. could you please add my DJI login account to the beta test program?
My account is

May we know what issues have you encountered with your drone?
2017-8-13
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-13 18:59
May we know what issues have you encountered with your drone?

Constant drops in signal and interference where there is no mobile antennas or anything else around. How does safe is to join DJI's beta firmware program?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

erick.will Posted at 2017-8-24 07:32
Constant drops in signal and interference where there is no mobile antennas or anything else around. How does safe is to join DJI's beta firmware program?

Have you tried to fly it in different open areas? You can also try to change the HD settings, please try 5.8 G.
2017-8-25
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-25 03:35
Have you tried to fly it in different open areas? You can also try to change the HD settings, please try 5.8 G.

Yes, I already tried that.. and for this reason, I would like to try, maybe, a safe beta..
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erick.will Posted at 2017-8-25 08:12
Yes, I already tried that.. and for this reason, I would like to try, maybe, a safe beta..

Actually the beta firmware has nothing to do with the signal, if you insist, we will contact our engineers on Monday to see if we can send it to you.
2017-8-26
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 01:32
Actually the beta firmware has nothing to do with the signal, if you insist, we will contact our engineers on Monday to see if we can send it to you.

I would really appreciate if you could send it to me. I'm all about to test new features and "safe" stuff. Please count me in.
2017-8-26
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 01:32

Additionally, I can also provide logcats, in real time, of my flights using Android devices. As a developer, I believe, that this can pretty much collaborate with your engineers.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erick.will Posted at 2017-8-26 08:58
Additionally, I can also provide logcats, in real time, of my flights using Android devices. As a developer, I believe, that this can pretty much collaborate with your engineers.

Thanks, the beta firmware has been sent, please have a try.
2017-8-27
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 20:19

Thank you very much. Appreciated.
2017-8-28
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 20:19

By the way, could you please provide a short description/changelog of what is new in this last firmware? Thanks in advance.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erick.will Posted at 2017-8-28 05:54
By the way, could you please provide a short description/changelog of what is new in this last firmware? Thanks in advance.

PM sent, please check it out.
2017-8-28
Use props
erick.will
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-28 20:16
PM sent, please check it out.

Thank you very much. Appreciated.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced