Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO+ infinity focus super blurry
900 17 2017-7-15 14:02:24
HellFire77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100657
Canada

So I got my OSMO+ back in record time from a dead handle problem(thanks DJI Mindy) https://forum.dji.com/thread-104080-1-1.html

But it seems it was damaged in shipping?? I have no idea how it was packed super well both there and back.

But its super blurry when in infinite focus. I have tried upgrading the firmware and resetting the unit by holding the trigger and shutter and pulling down on the power button.

I took 3 pics one with infinite focus,

Infinity Blurry

Infinity Blurry

One when I told the OSMO to focus on the trees. It’s a bit sharper but still not very sharp

Focus Point center

Focus Point center

and a picture from my Samsung S8…..

S8 Pic

S8 Pic

Any ideas on how I can fix this or do I have to send it back again……

2017-7-15 14:02:24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please use AF (auto focus) for still pictures, as well as the videos. Our engineer is working on improve the quality of infinite focus.
Please let me know if the footage is still blurry with AF.
2017-7-18 01:06:00
Use props
amadeo
lvl.2
Iceland

I had also problem with my infinite focus. I made a short video to show it - it's bellow. It's not very blurry as i saw some videos here but you can see the difference between auto focus and infinite (the best way to see the difference is to download the video). When it will be improved? is it software or hardware? Should I give my osmo+ back to repair or wait for firmware update. Thanks!

dropbox.com/s/z35tdt89pvga4r6/autofocus.mov?dl=0

2017-7-18 07:46:05
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Canada

I for some reason tested mine again on the weekend and it came out super sharp at infinity focus. I was like wow that is strange. Maybe leaving it powered off for a day fixed it?? So I played around with focusing on one point on something within 6 feet and that worked. Then I put it back to infinity focus again and it was back to a bit blurry. It seems like the motor or the software dosent know how to move the focus element in the lens properly.

Can I downgrade the firmware to fix this problem?

DJI Mindy: I will try autofocus and see what results that yields.
2017-7-18 17:28:50
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

HellFire77 Posted at 2017-7-18 17:28
I for some reason tested mine again on the weekend and it came out super sharp at infinity focus. I was like wow that is strange. Maybe leaving it powered off for a day fixed it?? So I played around with focusing on one point on something within 6 feet and that worked. Then I put it back to infinity focus again and it was back to a bit blurry. It seems like the motor or the software dosent know how to move the focus element in the lens properly.

Can I downgrade the firmware to fix this problem?

Yes, you can download the firmware to have a try but it may not have much improvement. We don't suggest to use infinite focus at the moment, we will try our best to improve it.
2017-7-19 02:09:02
Use props
amadeo
lvl.2
Iceland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 02:09
Yes, you can try to download the firmware to have a try but it may not have much improvement. We don't suggest to use infinite focus at the moment, we will try our best to improve it.

DJI Mindy: So if i understand well for photos it's good to use autofocus. But what with Videos? Should I also use autofocus or infinity focus (infinity is blurry in video). Will the infinity focus be improve in videos also?
2017-7-20 07:43:08
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

amadeo Posted at 2017-7-20 07:43
DJI Mindy: So if i understand well for photos it's good to use autofocus. But what with Videos? Should I also use autofocus or infinity focus (infinity is blurry in video). Will the infinity focus be improve in videos also?

amadeo, please try autofocus as well when take videos, our engineer is working on improving infinite focus quality, we are sorry for the inconvenience brought.
2017-7-23 22:14:25
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Mindy,

Its the middle of summer when I want to use my OSMO+ the most, is there any update from the Engineer( I hope you have more than one working on the problem) on when the problem will be fixed?

Thanks
Chris
2017-8-6 08:59:23
Use props
eSysman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67428
Russian Federation

I have just bought an Osmo+ and I'm having the same issue. I only just used it today for the first time and all of the footage is unusable. I'm so disappointed. If I select AF and press on the screen it focuses but as soon as I switch it to infinity mode it goes blurred again. I didn't know this and set it to infinity 'to be safe'.
2017-8-7 10:38:07
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Canada

Ya I know, I have had a wedding and 2 birthdays this summer that I cant use the OSMO+ for because when I use AF it hunts all the time for focus and misses and ruins the video. Not happy with it at all. I see no reason that this feature should be broken let alone broken for this long....
2017-8-7 14:12:39
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

HellFire77 Posted at 2017-8-6 08:59
Hi Mindy,

Its the middle of summer when I want to use my OSMO+ the most, is there any update from the Engineer( I hope you have more than one working on the problem) on when the problem will be fixed?

I understand, our engineers are trying their best to get it fixed, you won't wait too long, sorry again for all the inconvenience that has been caused.
2017-8-8 02:31:49
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.4
Canada

I am heading to a air show this weekend any chance the problem has been fixed yet? I would love to use the $1000 camera for video and not a paper weight...
2017-8-11 20:30:37
Use props
Tune345
lvl.2
United States

Any updates ?
2017-8-12 19:34:11
Use props
iardab
lvl.1
Russian Federation

Just waiting for the firmware update...
2017-8-13 00:45:38
Use props
fans51dc4a5a
lvl.1
United States

I just bought an OSMO+ as well, and the infinite focus is blurry, like others have said. I'd like to use the auto focus for stills, but it rarely seems to focus on what I tap on. It always focuses on the background. This is for stills. I tap on the subject I want to focus, but it's slightly fuzzy compared to the background. Am I doing something wrong?
2017-8-13 10:19:12
Use props
Tune345
lvl.2
United States

fans51dc4a5a Posted at 2017-8-13 10:19
I just bought an OSMO+ as well, and the infinite focus is blurry, like others have said. I'd like to use the auto focus for stills, but it rarely seems to focus on what I tap on. It always focuses on the background. This is for stills. I tap on the subject I want to focus, but it's slightly fuzzy compared to the background. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know if i can answer that because there is a focus issue recently so we have to wait for the firmware upgrade but may be go back and then focus again or go very near and the focus or while far away bring your hand immediately in front of the gimbal and then focus and refocus on the subject after removing your hand. Lol i know  !
2017-8-13 11:31:30
Use props
ManualFocus
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, I'll give that a try!
2017-8-13 18:50:28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

HellFire77 Posted at 2017-8-11 20:30
I am heading to a air show this weekend any chance the problem has been fixed yet? I would love to use the $1000 camera for video and not a paper weight...

HellFire, I sent you a PM, please check at your most convenience. Thanks.
2017-8-14 02:58:21
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next