4054 22 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you order your Spark with the RC or without RC.  It seems like people who are having trouble with their Spark are flying without RC.  Comment below if you are having trouble with or with out RC.

Thank you,

Single SelectVote, Total 80 people participate in voting
76.25% (61)
23.75% (19)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-15
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

I unfortunately got the fly-less and RC separately. I have found people on here have had more issues with the RC connection rather than the phone. I had 2 weeks of perfect use with my iPhone until getting the RC, then experienced disconnects mid flight that are starting to happen less frequently.

That said, the phone has serious disadvantages like no sport mode, tactile feedback, precise gimbal control, range etc. Unless you're an extremely casual user, the RC is a necessity.
2017-7-15
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have also the fly less package. Because I wanted a small as possible solution. And this is the spark in its small little case with no RC.
Beside the spark I own a Mavic. So I use the spark only for near distance footage, selfie and panoramas. If the spark is your only drone, buy the RC.
2017-7-15
Use props
AKentphoto
lvl.1
United States

I wouldnt consider the spark without the controller...  The range is severely limited, speed is limited, control is limited without the controller.  There are some issues being reported but mine has been 100% reliable.  *crosses fingers*
2017-7-15
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got with RC...I could never fly this thing using the Virtual Joysticks
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have used virtual sticks, but you can't get the desired control you can from RC, I understand it's a bit extra to get RC but for the money RC is the best value extra you will ever get for your spark.

I had trouble at beginning getting connected, but now it seems instant why I don't know, I keep my phone in airplane mode, I have tried OTG cable absolute no difference for me.
2017-7-16
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

Purchased mine without the RC because thats what the DJI store in NYC had in stock at the time. Got the RC as soon as I could and never looked back. I don't feel I've had as many issues as some but its probably because my expectations are lower.
2017-7-16
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought the fly-less. Tried just using my smartphone, but I found the "virtual" controls to be too "sloppy". I fly FPV drones too, so I like a very responsive feel to my controls, so I bought the remote...
2017-7-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-7-15 21:40
I unfortunately got the fly-less and RC separately. I have found people on here have had more issues with the RC connection rather than the phone. I had 2 weeks of perfect use with my iPhone until getting the RC, then experienced disconnects mid flight that are starting to happen less frequently.

That said, the phone has serious disadvantages like no sport mode, tactile feedback, precise gimbal control, range etc. Unless you're an extremely casual user, the RC is a necessity.

You try the RC with an OTG cable hooked up.
2017-7-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought fly-less because of availability, ordered the remote and also never looked back.  Virtual joysticks are a novelty.  
2017-7-16
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Defo with - Range better, control better, buttons for things instead of a phone touch screen. No brainer so sorry DJI but you should have never released it without one. Gesture control is all well and good but make it work FGS before you release it. Don't use it anyway so doesn't effect me in the slightest. I have a very good lightsaber so that's Jedi enough for me.
2017-7-16
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

I bought only drone and one next battery. No problem use with phone SGS7. On RC I waiting..
2017-7-16
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

I bought with the RC and would never fly it without the RC nearby. I've had the app crash on my Android at least 25% of my flights. Would never fly the drone without the RC as a failsafe.
2017-7-16
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get a lot of disconnects with the RC.  It seems to work much better with the IOS Model 7 iPhone.
2017-7-16
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

RC works well for me.
2017-7-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the Fly More. I have an iPad Mini 4 connected to the RC with the OTG cable, flown over 30 flights with zero issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
Karlito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139948 ft
Canada

I got the fly more. I started just using the phone but once I started using the RC I will never go back
DJI AlbumPanorama_1499914151835.jpg
2017-7-16
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

I have an RC and i have no trouble bescides the dronie qiickshot. bescides that there just needs to be a firmware update just to make the quickshots more smooth.
2017-7-17
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

I purchased it in a store so just the Spark alone.

Was already happy with gesture control and phone APP but the limited range on "normal" Wifi from a smartphone was quite frustrating... and sometimes scary as well.

So I decided to go for the extra money of the RC.

Waiting for the postman and curious to see the difference.

Apparently, I won't regret
2017-7-18
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
Bahamas

RC is much easier to control, more reliable, better range. I can't imagine not using it
2017-7-18
Use props
fansab7d98f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7753 ft
United States

I got the fly more but on my 12 flight it disconeted and never returned. Had full battery said home point updated had satellite. Have looked all over for my Spark put out flyers contacted the sheriffs dept and no spark waiting for DJI to do there investigation and find out if I will ever fly again
2017-7-18
Use props
Advan031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

I got mine w/o RC only because I got impatient and saw it at Best Buy.  Otherwise, the fly more combo is the way to go with the RC.
2017-7-18
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

fansab7d98f9 Posted at 2017-7-18 13:18
I got the fly more but on my 12 flight it disconeted and never returned. Had full battery said home point updated had satellite. Have looked all over for my Spark put out flyers contacted the sheriffs dept and no spark waiting for DJI to do there investigation and find out if I will ever fly again

How far did you fly it that it disconnected with the RC?
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules