Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bring back firmware rollback on assistant as P4 now now unusable
2954 29 2017-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

After many hours of trying to reset my phantom 4 to fly without wobbling, wind warning when just a breeze blowing, gimbal errors, imu calibration every time I turn it on, video link cutting out when only at short distance and crashing, I have given up!  could someone from DJI please reply to this message as as I have seen from forum there are loads of us experiencing these problems, why have you taken the firmware roll back feature off assistant 2, we are all stuck with an expensive brick until your engineers get around to sorting it out, I was looking forward to getting some great footage while on holiday.Perhaps you could put a link to where we could download the old firmware and instructions on how to do it if it can be done via SD Card, I know you can use the Go App to downgrade the firmware for the controller as tried downgrading then upgrading the firmware to see if that would help which it did not,  can you add. the old firmware for the P4 to this also for people who do not have access to Assistant 2  to get there P4 flyable until your engineers sort out the serious bugs in the latest firmware.
2017-7-15
Use props
M109
Second Officer

New Zealand

That would be a great option
2017-7-15
Use props
Pareja IV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

Come on DJI, we all have issues, GIVE US THE CHANCE TO DOWNGRADE
2017-7-16
Use props
Satstream
Captain
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Today I tested the new firmware. Autostart and landing work, the landing has been softer. In the P mode, normal flight of the P4 until the stick is fully forward or backward. Initially normal flight, but shake in the middle as if the stick had left the end position at short notice. It looks like when you release the stick to make a full braking in the air. Same behavior in S mode. With RTH only a quiet return flight, then also short jerky brake tests. Conclusion: The sensors seem to be sensitive to this update, which is the lightest wind triggered wild counter-actions. It would be appropriate for RC and Copter P4 to reintroduce the rollback function in the APP and the Flightassistant.
Weather data of Merching / Germany: Wind 4km / h / Temp: 22Grad C full sun.
2017-7-16
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

Mate same problems here like many others - please go to the support tab on the main DJI website and click on the email option please send them an email as the more people send them an email the more chance we have of them doing something, the forums dont seem to be taken seriously by DJI , if they even read them, cheers Al
2017-7-16
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Sent an email to technical support  as well hopefully we get something sorted
2017-7-16
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

DJI, I want to thank you for not forgetting the P4 owners. We all understand something went wrong but give us the option to roll back until a new firmware is available.
2017-7-16
Use props
VLG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126106 ft
Norway

As an automation engineer I have been working with software for 17 years now, performing software downloads and firmware updates on a high number of different hardware. I have to say that the solutions for firmware updates are worse than anything I have seen. The assistant software is working OK, but still some issues:
1: Can't choose FW version yourself, even when DJI knows they have made a new version full of bugs.
2: No separate warning about battery FW from the assistant.

Regarding RC firmware you just have to rely on a popup that says your RC needs update, this popup seems a bit shy. I spent 3 hours setting up my replacement drone/RC with the new FW (which I don't really want considering the issues, but I have to since I can't update my replacement drone from factory FW to "last known good FW"). After updating drone + 3 batteries the RC and android app showed the blue line with info about checking FW version for ages, no success. After several on/offs of the app, RC and aircraft in various orders I somehow hit the jackpot and got a message on screen about an FW update was needed, but not specifying where. A picture of the tablet connected to the aircraft via the adapter cable appeared, and I guess the DJI Go app had decided that I should update the aircraft FW, while "keeping the remote controller on". However, the aircraft FW was already up to date. No offer to update the RC firmware and no known way of manually provoking a RC firmware check that I know of (maybe there is and I don't know about it). After some more restarts and tapping "Go Fly", this time choosing "ignore" when the app told me to update the aircraft, I finally got a message about new RC firmware available. When you finally get this message the update process itself is easy, but my point is that you should be able to manually trigger this version control and select update from the menu whenever you like, not by some random luck. If I as an automation/software engineer is a bit confused by the conflicting messages and the lack of simplicity I guess there are many regular consumers struggling.
2017-7-16
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I also cannot use my Drone. I am using the Drone about 60-70% for farming purposes the rest is for making videos or for fun. That is the reasons why I have bought it. Please DJI give us your utmost to use this equipment again or to downgrade. Thanks
2017-7-16
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You can find the mail in the following link:

http://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-4

Maybe if they recieve enough complaints regarding the lates FW, they will even consider doing something..
2017-7-16
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
2017-7-16
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.1
United States

Agreed, we need the option to roll back the update. This is a mess.
2017-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No-one seems to have picked up on the root of this rollback issue. DJI are trying to prevent people hacking their code to disable safety features like the GEO system. The earlier firmware editions were subject to this hacking, while the newer ones are not, so they simply removed the earlier versions. You may not like it, but DJI are NOT going to bring back the earlier code editions, and that's all there is to it. But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient.
2017-7-16
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-16 16:02
No-one seems to have picked up on the root of this rollback issue. DJI are trying to prevent people hacking their code to disable safety features like the GEO system. The earlier firmware editions were subject to this hacking, while the newer ones are not, so they simply removed the earlier versions. You may not like it, but DJI are NOT going to bring back the earlier code editions, and that's all there is to it. But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient.

"But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient."

I think that, based upon DJI's track record, asking owners to be patient is a bit much. After all, there were may beta testers with messed up drones who "patiently waited" for nearly six months before receiving this latest update which, in some cases, appeared to make things even worse for them.
DJI has a moral and ethical responsibility to fix these latest problems urgently, not just sometime   "in a forthcoming update"
2017-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-7-16 16:47
"But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient."

I think that, based upon DJI's track record, asking owners to be patient is a bit much. After all, there were may beta testers with messed up drones who "patiently waited" for nearly six months before receiving this latest update which, in some cases, appeared to make things even worse for them.

Meh, my point is that it will be fixed in a future update, but will not be fixed by backdating to an earlier version, the door has been shut on that.
2017-7-16
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84065 ft
Australia

No-one seems to have picked up on the root of this rollback issue. DJI are trying to prevent people hacking their code to disable safety features like the GEO system. The earlier firmware editions were subject to this hacking, while the newer ones are not, so they simply removed the earlier versions. You may not like it, but DJI are NOT going to bring back the earlier code editions, and that's all there is to it. But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient.

How can you be so sure?  Why the trust in DJI?
2018-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Cyclone2390 Posted at 2018-2-18 03:58
How can you be so sure?  Why the trust in DJI?

Well the proof of the trust mentioned is that the OP was posted last July, when the release of the 02.00.0106 firmware for the P4 caused grief for a significant number of people. After a couple of Beta releases, which fixed some things for many, the final release 02.00.0700 released last month seems to have fixed all the issues that were there earlier.

You seem to have put your trust in DJI by purchasing a P4P.
2018-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantomrain.org 1 Posted at 2018-2-18 08:31
Come on now Trust in DJI , that is not happening,     The problem is not DJI the problem with a lot of companies is just the word UPDATE and what that really means.   Let me let you all in a big big secret that I am sure not many of you are aware of but as a stock holder in Adobe I am.     When ever there is an update on the mac operating system, or the adobe itself , the stock goes up ,  this is not because the update is fantastic , this is because with every new update , there is a really good chance that thousands of people that were using the Adobe products are no longer going to be able to use them and are forced to Upgrade there products.   This causes the stock to go up where the real money is made.      This is something that many of the companies have learned , DJI is no different, and these tactics are in full force ,

Much of this is very dependent of where the stock is at , and what they need to do to move it.      With that said , DJI no longer supports the Phantom 4 , which mean soon the software update is coming to make sure it gets bricked, and than the stock will surge as as sales are sure to go up.       Sadly DJI is not on the Stock Exchange , but they do have and exchange in china that works the same way.

"With that said , DJI no longer supports the Phantom 4 , which mean soon the software update is coming to make sure it gets bricked, and than the stock will surge as as sales are sure to go up."

DJI do support the P4, hence the recent release.

The OP was made last July and relates to the now old firmware 02.00.0106..
2018-2-18
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

Update .0700 has bone nothing about fixing high wind warning, terrible video downlink with green and black lines and bars, video freezing, and disconnects. And on top of all that DJI can’t keep their product compatible with recommended devices as they update, (DJI WANTS US TO ROLL BACK OUR DEVICE FIRMWARE WHILE THEY REFUSE TO ALLOW US TO ROLL BACK THEIR SHODDY UPDATES FOR RC & AC) So at face value nothing has really been fixed, but hey they have introduced a new mavic air that looks likes a spark and they are in the middle of making those drones next to unusable too.  To them the Phantom line is just so yesterday, they got new drones to break now.
2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Normn8or Posted at 2018-2-18 09:39
Update .0700 has bone nothing about fixing high wind warning, terrible video downlink with green and black lines and bars, video freezing, and disconnects. And on top of all that DJI can’t keep their product compatible with recommended devices as they update, (DJI WANTS US TO ROLL BACK OUR DEVICE FIRMWARE WHILE THEY REFUSE TO ALLOW US TO ROLL BACK THEIR SHODDY UPDATES FOR RC & AC) So at face value nothing has really been fixed, but hey they have introduced a new mavic air that looks likes a spark and they are in the middle of making those drones next to unusable too.  To them the Phantom line is just so yesterday, they got new drones to break now.

Selling this has a better value then spending money on support.   It would be so smart to get a product with open source software.
My p4 disappeared finally. I should be more unhappy, but wondering why not.  Maybe it is the trouble with the firmware and the lack of support, or is it because some of the forum-members are unbelievable root and high-nosey.  For the compatibility of phones and tablets I can recommend only to do screenshots and print outs of the terms and conditions and the displayed advert on the day of purchase.  Then it is more easy to proof the change of negative later.
2018-2-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-18 09:08
Well the proof of the trust mentioned is that the OP was posted last July, when the release of the 02.00.0106 firmware for the P4 caused grief for a significant number of people. After a couple of Beta releases, which fixed some things for many, the final release 02.00.0700 released last month seems to have fixed all the issues that were earlier.

I wouldnt go as far as saying trust, perhaps "in good faith" is the more appropriate term, or "blind faith" lol
2018-2-18
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-18 20:53
I wouldnt go as far as saying trust, perhaps "in good faith" is the more appropriate term, or "blind faith" lol

You are right. But to have a proof is better than Faith. For Faith we have churches, and they can't fly.  
2018-2-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought the item in good faith, is an english term meaning, i bought it on the understanding that it will do what the manufacturer says it can do, its not so much a religious term...
2018-2-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-18 20:53

"in good faith"

That would be a better phrase to use,
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-2-18 09:08
Well the proof of the trust mentioned is that the OP was posted last July, when the release of the 02.00.0106 firmware for the P4 caused grief for a significant number of people. After a couple of Beta releases, which fixed some things for many, the final release 02.00.0700 released last month seems to have fixed all the issues that were there earlier.

Not so much "trust", as ignorance!  I did not know of these shenanigans when I bought the P4P+.  If I had done more research, I would have bought a GyroCopter instead.  More fun, less aggravation and damn it, I can fly with it!  
2018-2-23
Use props
fans0e00ebfc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477851 ft
Spain

Dji Phantom 4 (Standard) Thank god I was able to downgrade to AC 1.02.0602 and RC 1.6.0 SW Litchi 2.1.1 IT FLIES LIKE A DREAM!!! Not upgrading a single bit...SORRY DJI...There are methods to achieve this just use google.
2018-2-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

No-one seems to have picked up on the root of this rollback issue. DJI are trying to prevent people hacking their code to disable safety features like the GEO system. The earlier firmware editions were subject to this hacking, while the newer ones are not, so they simply removed the earlier versions. You may not like it, but DJI are NOT going to bring back the earlier code editions, and that's all there is to it. But you can expect them to remedy the current issues in forthcoming updates, be patient.

Exactly .....

G and I have our disagreements - but he is spot on with this ....

Given the Publicity and Media over time - and the tendency to show DJI Drones in pictures even when not a DJI used in the event - can you blame DJI / AND OTHER MANUFACTURERS from putting limits into their FW ... taking away option to rollback ...

It may be hard to accept - but in fact its designed not only to protect DJI posterior - but to try and prevent US the pilot from getting us and them into trouble.
Imagine what would be legislation now if they did not do this ?

The sad part of course is the faults in the FW that causes problems. It's as if FW writers are rushing out new versions in response to a perceived problem but missing the errors built in ... reminds me of Microsoft !!

We can cry .. stamp our feet .... threaten to not buy DJI - but it will make no difference. They will not give you option to roll-back to FW that has less restrictions. In that - it means that update problems as some experience will continue.

Nigel
2018-2-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Anyone who follows Hack Rollback - are on their own and I wish them luck.

Following exactly to the letter instructions for Rollback on my P3P caused my P3P to totally brick and a 300 Euro bill to fix.

Good luck to any who try it.

Nigel
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_Cyclone2390
lvl.1
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-24 03:23
Exactly .....

G and I have our disagreements - but he is spot on with this ....

And that is the exact reason hackers are making so much money selling their hacks to bypass this stupid "control-freak" mentality.  We are adults and should be treated as such.  We are allowed to drive multi tonne vehicles any where we please, and it is up to us where we go.  Laws dictate, but personal responsibility is the main factor.  DJI are removing personal responsibility from us.  If I crash and harm someone, I can now blame DJI as I had no control, therefore no responsibility.  Should be a good court case.  If that ever arises.  As it stands, thanks to DJI's latest upgrades, I am grounded again and cannot fly anywhere withing 7 miles of my farm.  How good is that?
I will be seeking assistance from Russian Hackers to defeat this malarkey and get flying again.  I paid for it, it is mine and I should be allowed to fly it on my farm according to local regulations.  Not China's!
2018-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Cyclone2390 Posted at 2018-2-28 04:54
And that is the exact reason hackers are making so much money selling their hacks to bypass this stupid "control-freak" mentality.  We are adults and should be treated as such.  We are allowed to drive multi tonne vehicles any where we please, and it is up to us where we go.  Laws dictate, but personal responsibility is the main factor.  DJI are removing personal responsibility from us.  If I crash and harm someone, I can now blame DJI as I had no control, therefore no responsibility.  Should be a good court case.  If that ever arises.  As it stands, thanks to DJI's latest upgrades, I am grounded again and cannot fly anywhere withing 7 miles of my farm.  How good is that?
I will be seeking assistance from Russian Hackers to defeat this malarkey and get flying again.  I paid for it, it is mine and I should be allowed to fly it on my farm according to local regulations.  Not China's!

What is stopping you from flying on your farm at the moment ?
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules