Where to get repair Canada? I had a bad crash
3578 12 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Crashed my Mavic yesterday. Hit a tree and it tumbled down to a bed of rocks. Camera is now hanging by wires. Looks pretty bad. I never did buy DJI Care Refresh. What should I do now? Where do I send for repairs in Canada? I feel sick about it as I had big plans for some areal photography in a few weeks. I will never fly sideways around trees again. As the Mavic has no sideways collision avoidance, I wish there was a default feature to not allow sideways flight unless intentionally engaged, like how sport mode is locked out by default. I moved the stick the wrong way, and in a split second - disaster. Anyway im looking for help on where the closest/best repair shop is to central Canada.
2017-7-16
Use props
loriedvm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610758 ft
Canada

I'm in Ontario, had to ship to dji in California for repair, on -line chat  staff  helped get the process started.  One word of caution...they are exceedingly slow at this repair business...
2017-7-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Since you'll be paying for the repairs yourself you should also consider Thunder-Drones. That's not in Canada, but I would guess that shipping costs won't be very high and you'll probably get better, faster and less expensive service than you would through DJI. At a minimum I'd recommend sending an email to thunderdrones@aol.com, explaining your Mavic's condition (and your location), and see if it's something you'd want to pursue.
2017-7-16
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

Try DrDrone.ca
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We feel sorry for the crash accident and appreciate your suggestions, but there is no sideways obstacle avoidance feature for Mavic Pro at the moment.
We suggest to send in your drone to official repair center for maintenance and repair, but if your time is limited, you may check the link below to find the service center which is closest to you. http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-7-16
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-16 18:44
We feel sorry for the crash accident and appreciate your suggestions, but there is no sideways obstacle avoidance feature for Mavic Pro at the moment.
We suggest to send in your drone to official repair center for maintenance and repair, but if your time is limited, you may check the link below to find the service center which is closest to you. http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Thank you Very much. I found a DJI dealer in Calgary AB Canada using the link you provided. They sounded very knowledgable and professional on the phone. I will try them.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-7-17 20:21
Thank you Very much. I found a DJI dealer in Calgary AB Canada using the link you provided. They sounded very knowledgable and professional on the phone. I will try them.

That's great. Hope everything goes well.
Should you have any further questions, please keep us posted.
2017-7-17
Use props
loriedvm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610758 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 22:58
That's great. Hope everything goes well.
Should you have any further questions, please keep us posted.

Dji Mindy, did you get my request for help on my battery  replacement issues?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

loriedvm Posted at 2017-7-19 23:09
Dji Mindy, did you get my request for help on my battery  replacement issues?

I have received the PM and replied, please check.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 00:59
I have received the PM and replied, please check.

Can you share the company name in Calgary your sending your mavic?
I;m in Ontario, but bought my Mav out west & I;m in Alberta allot
thanks
2017-7-20
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-7-20 08:17
thanks

The DJI repair/sales shop in Calgary is called MultirotorHeli  (403)454-0655
https://www.multirotorheli.ca
They have already fixed my Mavic, and have sent it by Canada Post back to me (very fast service). They sounded very professional and knowledgeable on the phone. I haven't received it in the mail yet so I can't confirm that it is fixed properly, but they made me feel confident on the phone.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-7-20 08:17
thanks

Please check the information of the recommended repair center from the picture below.You can check more repair centers here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
recommended service center.png
2017-7-22
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Canada

TrevorSK Posted at 2017-7-20 09:16
The DJI repair/sales shop in Calgary is called MultirotorHeli  (403)454-0655
https://www.multirotorheli.ca
They have already fixed my Mavic, and have sent it by Canada Post back to me (very fast service). They sounded very professional and knowledgeable on the phone. I haven't received it in the mail yet so I can't confirm that it is fixed properly, but they made me feel confident on the phone.

Just a final update. I did receive my Mavic back from MultiRotorHeli this week and had time to fly today. Everything works as new. Still can't say enough about how great they were to deal with - Fast and fixed right. Here's what it ended up costing (all amounts in Canadian currency)
New camera and gimbal $305 CDN
New cooling fan $10.95 CDN
Labour 1/2 hour $45 CDN
GST $18.05 CDN
Return shipping was free
$379.00 Total
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules