No image transmission - annoyance
1369 13 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9535ad24
lvl.1
Czechia

Pretty self explanatory really - I keep getting this and it's knocking my confidence to fly my drone any distance. Image regains if I disconnect and reconnect each time but this is besides the point. I fly a Mavic Pro. This has happened at multiple locations now. Please help.
2017-7-16
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

It does happen, obviously with distance, but try checking your cable.  The short cable that comes with the Mavic is pretty flimsy and is prone to crimping when you fold the RC hinges.  My cable looked fine when I started getting this, and after a bit of time thinking that wasn't the reason, I noticed the cable was becoming compromised.  You can simply take a normal USB to Lightning or USB to micro USB and plug the big end into the middle of the controller and the other end into the (iOS or Android) device to test.  
2017-7-16
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It's that crappy Dji cable mate, mine was doing this from the very first flight despite being brand new, changed it, and all fine using the bottom port. Suspect they make them as cheaply as possible, in fact... that is the truth, cables are one area where I just can't fathom why they would, very important piece of the kit.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, when could you not get the image transmission? For the very beginning for during flight?
May I know what mobile device are you using? And do you have your firmware upgraded?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What mobile device are you using? It is recommended to use original USB cable of your phone.
2017-7-17
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Seems to be "normal" for the Android DJI GO4. With every update it gets worse. I now have to to go through start-up procedure 2 times EVERY time, because at first startup I just get a black screen (NO video transmission). Sometimes I have to do it 3 times because at 2nd startup I just have a pixelated, lagged video transmission ..........
2017-7-17
Use props
fans9535ad24
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 01:11
Just to verify, when could you not get the image transmission? For the very beginning for during flight?
May I know what mobile device are you using? And do you have your firmware upgraded?

From the very first flight. The device is a brand new Mavic Pro. I upgrade the firmware whenever it asks, which has been quite a bit recently. If it is indeed the cable, then (1) that's really disappointing as it's just out the box pretty much and (2) how do I get a replacement (or two) sent to me. Like TroutBoyNZ said above, it's one of the most important pieces of kit...irrespective whether I have to keep the drone in line of sight or not. #nuts
2017-7-17
Use props
fans9535ad24
lvl.1
Czechia

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-7-16 18:44
It's that crappy Dji cable mate, mine was doing this from the very first flight despite being brand new, changed it, and all fine using the bottom port. Suspect they make them as cheaply as possible, in fact... that is the truth, cables are one area where I just can't fathom why they would, very important piece of the kit.

Couldn't agree more - exactly the same.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans9535ad24
lvl.1
Czechia

GMG Posted at 2017-7-16 12:13
It does happen, obviously with distance, but try checking your cable.  The short cable that comes with the Mavic is pretty flimsy and is prone to crimping when you fold the RC hinges.  My cable looked fine when I started getting this, and after a bit of time thinking that wasn't the reason, I noticed the cable was becoming compromised.  You can simply take a normal USB to Lightning or USB to micro USB and plug the big end into the middle of the controller and the other end into the (iOS or Android) device to test.

Thanks mate - shame that we have to do this in the first place! For the money we pay this tech should be resilient...
2017-7-17
Use props
fans9535ad24
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-17 01:15
What mobile device are you using? It is recommended to use original USB cable of your phone.

Iphone 7 Plus. Standard stuff really. Why is it recommended to use another cable that the one DJI provides?
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans9535ad24 Posted at 2017-7-17 08:06
From the very first flight. The device is a brand new Mavic Pro. I upgrade the firmware whenever it asks, which has been quite a bit recently. If it is indeed the cable, then (1) that's really disappointing as it's just out the box pretty much and (2) how do I get a replacement (or two) sent to me. Like TroutBoyNZ said above, it's one of the most important pieces of kit...irrespective whether I have to keep the drone in line of sight or not. #nuts

I scanned the post, so if you could get the image steady with the bottom port, it might be considered to be the short cable's responsibility. Please contact our aftersales live chat service at the bottom of this page and get a ticket, we will take care of it: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-7-17
Use props
StormyTrooper
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 18:02
I scanned the post, so if you could get the image steady with the bottom port, it might be considered to be the short cable's responsibility. Please contact our aftersales live chat service at the bottom of this page and get a ticket, we will take care of it: http://www.dji.com/support.

Hi, I know it's been a while since I've responded but only because I've been using my iPhone cable since this forum (from phone to USB port) and it's been stable as anything - no issues. I'd obviously like your official solution to this though, so will do what you're asking above, now. Thanks.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

StormyTrooper Posted at 2017-12-14 01:44
Hi, I know it's been a while since I've responded but only because I've been using my iPhone cable since this forum (from phone to USB port) and it's been stable as anything - no issues. I'd obviously like your official solution to this though, so will do what you're asking above, now. Thanks.

Thank you for your update. It is good that you got things worked. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-12-15
Use props
DaveRave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201768 ft
United States

As a new pilot, I've had difficulties with connection issues on my viewing device.  ONE if the controller still controls your air ship, it's a mechanical connection issue-your cord or your device plug is worn.   I'm using a 4.4.2 qmv78 Free Verizon android tablet and have little issues that 'making space' and correct setting has not solved.  Frustrated, yes....
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules