Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Shut down then fell 100 ft
3644 13 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1d8afffb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27336 ft
United States

Is this a battery failure?

Hey just wanted to post that my spark fell from 100. This was my 31 flight, 3rd for the day, and i realized later, after i sent it in for repair that  this was the first time i flew on the battery. Which i had ordered a week after ordering the fly more combo. I was 2 mins into my flight in sport mode, really loving it, and i came to a stop about 15 feet in front of me but a 100 ft up and all of a sudden it shutoff and flew to the ground. Causing the battery to blow out and two of the props to come off. But the airframe looked good, but it gave me all kind of errors, esc errors, no gps. So i setup a refresh case and sent it in. The package arrived on friday to dji service center. But I'm  now thinking that it could of been a failure of the new battery? I dont know but it seems like a manufacturing error and I'm hoping that the repair service can figure this out, because I don't know how I'm going to trust this spark if they say it was user error! I was in a wide open field with low wind and it drops to the ground.
Nelow is one of my reddit post with the battery serial #:

Holy moly, I just checked to see which battery I was using and it was my brand new battery, this was the first time I used the battery and it was only 2 mins in to the flight. Looks like I need to update my service record. Battery sn 0C0AE6CB32004Y. I GUESS IF YOU GET A NEW BATTERY FLY LOW to test it out!
2017-7-16
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

deleted...
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, our data analysis will try their best to locate the reason of the crash.
Would you happen to provide me the case number? I will keep an eye on it.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans1d8afffb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-16 20:04
We are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, our data analysis will try their best to locate the reason of the crash.
Would you happen to provide me the case number? I will keep an eye on it.

Hey Mindy,
thanks for looking into this. my Case # CAS-779083-V0M1S0
This was my 31 flight with the spark and it was about 2min 30 sec into the flight. First flight with the new battery.  My flight data ends with no stick commands and only audio recording. Video cutout (on the phone and SD card about 15 seconds before it hit the ground. pretty sure it was still recording as it was falling because you can hear me cuss. I couldn't believe it! the last set of flights were over a lake so I'm glad I could recover it on this flight. Hopefully there is more data on board of the spark.

2017-7-17
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

There are lots of cases of aircraft just dropping from the sky. You are not the first.
2017-7-17
Use props
Cretu571
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108632 ft
Romania

Yes, happened to me also
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1d8afffb Posted at 2017-7-17 08:08
Hey Mindy,
thanks for looking into this. my Case # CAS-779083-V0M1S0
This was my 31 flight with the spark and it was about 2min 30 sec into the flight. First flight with the new battery.  My flight data ends with no stick commands and only audio recording. Video cutout (on the phone and SD card about 15 seconds before it hit the ground. pretty sure it was still recording as it was falling because you can hear me cuss. I couldn't believe it! the last set of flights were over a lake so I'm glad I could recover it on this flight. Hopefully there is more data on board of the spark.

I've checked the case that the drone was just received, it will conduct damage assessment and then the data analysis.
We will analyze the reason about the crash and if it's malfunction, your drone will be repaired or replaced without any charge according to DJI After-Sales Policy. No worries. Appreciate your patience.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cretu571 Posted at 2017-7-17 08:51
Yes, happened to me also

Really sorry to hear that. Please contact our support to create a ticket and we will help to get it addressed.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans1d8afffb
lvl.1
United States

Yep covered under warranty, can't wait to get it back.
2017-7-18
Use props
fans1d8afffb
lvl.1
United States

----Thanks!----
2017-7-18
Use props
Cretu571
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108632 ft
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 23:35
Really sorry to hear that. Please contact our support to create a ticket and we will help to get it addressed.

Hi Mindy!

I've already sent it, it's currently in transit, should arrive at your service soon.
Ticket nr:  CAS-793708-C0S9D3

Flight log below.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/M8YOJ169HKRDIRQ03GFS/

Thank you!
2017-7-19
Use props
fansc061921d
New
Flight distance : 28455 ft
Hong Kong

Not sure if this two thread is related, my Spark Controller got disconnected during the flight today, I wasn't flying high so my aircraft as safe.
When I came across to below thread and got the controller fixed.  
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100339-1-1.html

Later I came across this thread and realize I was using a new battery I just got from DJI Store (Causeway Bay Hong Kong ) today.
Could this possibly be a battery problem causing my RC to disconnected?
2017-7-19
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

fansc061921d Posted at 2017-7-19 06:26
Not sure if this two thread is related, my Spark Controller got disconnected during the flight today, I wasn't flying high so my aircraft as safe.
When I came across to below thread and got the controller fixed.  
https://forum.dji.com/thread-100339-1-1.html

Hi, I was the one wrote those thread about battery.
That cannot say for sure, your remote disconnect could also because the weak signal, or interference.

Also, please note that what do you meant by "disconnect", sometimes, the phone screen show aircraft disconnect, but that is only between phone and the remote, you can still control the aircraft with the remote. If that is the case, you are fine, try using a quality cable, and OTG adapter to connect between phone and remote.

If you really lost the connection between the remote and aircraft, it will activate RTH after 3 second. If that is the case, please try plug in the new battery, connect to DJI Assistant 2 on PC, re-run the firmware with thta battery.
Then, make sure you have bluetooth off on your phone.  Fly again to see if the problem fixed or not.

If not, please contact DJI support for further assistant. I just gave advice based on my experience so far.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cretu571 Posted at 2017-7-19 00:49
Hi Mindy!

I've already sent it, it's currently in transit, should arrive at your service soon.

Thanks for the update. We will take care of it when it arrives. Just keep us posted if you need any assistance.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules