Failed Aircraft Firmware Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Central Maine D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft
United States

Took my P3P out to take some pictuers, noticed there was a red triangle saying controller and aircraft required updates.
Updated controller, said to reboot, I did and flew the drone taking my pictures.  
Took the microSD card, downloaded the firmware update onto it in the root directory.  Powered up the drone with SD card in place, started beeping that update was in progress and lights flashing yellowish.  Didn't keep track of time but the green lights were flashing normally.  I powered it down, took out the microSD card to remove the .bin file, and powered up aircraft without an SD card in it.  It started beeping like Star Trek intruder alert, nothing I've ever heard from the aircraft before.  Battery was down to ~35% so I powered it down.  I inserted the microSD chip and freshly charged battery.  The microSD chip still has the .bin file.  It started beeping like Star Trek again but I could also hear the update DDDD   DDDD as well.  Star Trek noise annonying my wife and dog so I put aircraft into bathroom to let it do that for 1/2 hour or so.

Does anyone know what the strange alarm sound is?

2017-7-16
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
United States

Star Trek alarm sound has stopped, now front lights are flashing red, rear lights flashing faster yellow and it's beeping DD-D DD-D.  Battery is below 50%.  Not sure what to do.
2017-7-16
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Central Maine D Posted at 2017-7-16 13:38
Star Trek alarm sound has stopped, now front lights are flashing red, rear lights flashing faster yellow and it's beeping DD-D DD-D.  Battery is below 50%.  Not sure what to do.

I have helped others with upgrading and heard some of these noises too, but have never had the issue myself. Normally it is from an upgrade that had failed or didn't complete. At least that is my explanation. I would start with reading the text file on your sd-card. It might give you an explanation of what is happening. If it shows success, it could mean your RC needs upgraded because it cannot link with the aircraft. That is what the phantom lights are probably telling you. If it was not a success, you may have to try again from the beginning. Hang in there. If all else fails you might try to roll it back to the previous version. There are instructions on this forum how to attempt that.
Remember this, you don't have to upgrade the firmware to fly. Many conversations about this. You will see the red firmware upgrade needed, but it only stays on the screen for a couple seconds and then will go to green. If you get it back to where you can fly it, you might consider leaving it there.
2017-7-16
Use props
Central Maine D
lvl.2
United States

The upgrade appears to have completed.  The battery was down to ~ 25%, DD-D still beeping.  Controller was able to connect with aircraft.  Apparently upgrade turned on front lights?  It also changed my maximum altitude and return to home altitude.  I changed settings to my preferences and shut the battery off.  Put a new battery in, powered up and DD-D gone now.   I'm back in business.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The sound that the drone made is because of the failure of upgrading.
Since you had the drone upgraded finished, it could tell by the upgrade log and result text whether it updated successfully.
Personal settings will be reset to factory defaults after updating and you need to set again, that's normal.
Should you have any other questions, please keep us updated.
2017-7-17
Use props
nmiller67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 559117 ft
United States

I experienced the same thing with my P3P with the latest update.  Failed update but had to just let the aircraft just sit and make the crazy warning noises for about a half hour and it finally took.  Re-linked the controller to the aircraft and I was able to fly again.

Only issue I'm experiencing is some distortion (lag) with my Ipad Mini 3 display.  No pattern yet to when it occurs but seems to be a bit after flight starts I start to experience the green screen distortion (lag).  The display has been so smooth up until the update.  If any one has a fix or experiencing the same any help would be appreciated.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules