Compass Error - Cant Even Maiden my Inspire
1587 10 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

So After waiting since December to get my Inspire, it arrives during the week. I charge my batteries and remote. Run the updates on the aircraft and the transmitter.

All links up, didn't even have to rebind the transmitter to the aircraft.

But................as expected I get compass error as I start up, I try run the calibration, proceeds normally while the machine is in the horizontal plane, get to nose down part, rotate slowly 360 degrees and the process just stops there, go slightly past 360 and I get intensive electromagnetic interference. Retry or Cancel??

No matter what I do, in my house, in the garden, have travelled to the field where I fly my rc helicopters. Left phone 100m away, taken my glasses off, wedding ring.

Nothing.

Anybody have any ideas? Or does this sound like pack it up and send back to China?
2015-3-21
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Try removing gimble/camera and connect again.
Then start yr compas dance again.
good luck
2015-3-21
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi Dundee

Still no long

Starting to get the feeling that I will not have my inspire flying for a few more months.

Bit annoying considering how much I got tied up in the machne
2015-3-21
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Welcome to my club. I have the exact same problem. I opened my brand now i1 last week - put it together and tested it on the bench without props - everything went great. Then I had the bright idea to upgraded to 2.0.17 (without reading this forum!!!)  and that fried my compass. Im in South America for a job - had to hire a plan B - due to this - lost big $ the last ten days with DJI. I have to send it in, ofcourse at MY EXPENSE! Contact "support" - make sure you load up on patience, they had me on for 7 hours before arriving to the conclusion that I had to send it back. Good luck mattks -
2015-3-21
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Oh sorry but just in case new buyers read this post.... DON"T UPGRADE TO 2.0.17!!!
2015-3-21
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

Ugh. Tx flying squirrel.
2015-3-21
Use props
noel
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem but after a fly away crash. DJI will not do anything about it. Did you ever get it working?
2015-4-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

MATTKS, I to just finally received my I1, I have been reading through every log and blog out there in anticipation of its arrival so I would be ready to rock right away.  I received mine on Tuesday and ran home after work to get her fired up.  Charged the controller, then the battery and downloaded the app (I am using an Ipad2) from the app store.  Everything seemed to be going swimmingly until I get warns, MUST UPDATE the bird and controller before I can do anything!  Off to do the updates (A BIG SHOT out to Dundee for his nice "picture" install instructions).  Now that everything has been updated the battery fully charged I am all ready for my first flight.  Power up the Radio, turn on the app, and then power up the I1.  COMPASS ERROR, do you want to recalibrate now?  Dam right I do, I following the instruction, turn around 360 and then point down for 360, still have the error.  I do this 4 times and every time I get the same error.  I then read the fine print in the red box, you must be away from magnetic blah blah blah, so just for shits and giggles (and out of frustration) I decide to start the calibration once again but this time I make sure that I am 20 feet away from anything, I am out in the middle of a soccer field, turn 360, point down 360 and voila!!!!  The dam thing worked!

So exciting, I am ready to rock!  Start the bird up and lift off to 20 feet.  Decide to leave the land gear down for the first flight, just for savety sake.  Give the bird forward right stick and we are in business, within 10 seconds of my first flight the I1 starts to veer off to the left and lose altitude!  my heart goes into my mouth and all I can see in my head are the freaken youtube videos were people took off and there I1's crashed into there garage or tree.  I quickly look down at the Ipad and notice that the green safe to fly has changed to the yellow NO GPS.  I have 2 phantoms and fly them NONE GPS mode all the time.  I was able to get the I1 under control and hover to see what was going on, and as just as quickly as the I1 lost GPS it was back in the green and was able to complete 3 more test flights without and GPS loss.
2015-4-16
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

smcbrearty@roge Posted at 2015-4-17 09:29
MATTKS, I to just finally received my I1, I have been reading through every log and blog out there i ...

Is this with the latest firmware??
2015-4-16
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Yeap, 10 minutes just after download and install I was at the local park and wanting to fly
2015-4-17
Use props
mattks
lvl.2

South Africa

I am waiting to get mine back. Had to ship it back to dji.
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules