Hacked?????
3700 20 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

Heard yesterday from a pretty reliable source that this recent firmware has been hacked. This is why so many problems. Is this true DJI?
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's just a silly and false rumor...

Go fly your drone, and enjoy it. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No it is not true. This is how stupid rumours get started. Do you really think DJI would allow hacked firmware to be downloaded from their web site?

Older versions of the firmware have been hacked and have been offered on certain sites. However DJI has plug all the holes and released the latest versions which are (supposedly) immune to hacking.
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-16 18:45
No it is not true. This is how stupid rumours get started. Do you realy think DJI would allow hacked firmware to be downloaded from their web site?

Older versions of the firmware have been hacked are have been offered on certain sites. However DJI has plug all the holes and released the latest versions which are (supposedly) immune to hacking.

I think it's humorous how the British spell rumor, with rumour. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i think it means that some Russkies hacked something that allows people to fly ion NFZ.. which is stupid and idiotic, and will put the whole hobby in more danger than it already is.. so yes, go fly your multirotor, and do not concern yourself with such stuff.. it in no way means that someone can hack your drone, or take control of your drone...
2017-7-16
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have read a similar story and found this link.

I don't now how they did it.
2017-7-17
Use props
Sukhoj T-50
New
Russia

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2017-7-17 03:18
I have read a similar story and found this link.

DJI Mavic Pro 4252 meters altitude record for Mavic Pro

See here ...
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f132/thread501661.html
2017-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And yet another out to destroy the hobby :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40633913
2017-7-17
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

No it is not true. This is how stupid rumours get started. Do you really think DJI would allow hacked firmware to be downloaded from their web site?

Older versions of the firmware have been hacked and have been offered on certain sites. However DJI has plug all the holes and released the latest versions which are (supposedly) immune to hacking.

You do talk some crap geebax hackers can get into the most secure areas how can you say the cant hack DJI another case of  you a/l i see
2017-7-17
Use props
Sukhoj T-50
New
Russia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 07:51

It is important to separate concepts, sporting interest and idiocy. In your video, the second.
Not operably.

The nuts will be twisted
2017-7-17
Use props
Rene vd Meer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236781 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-17 07:51

Amazingly stupid
2017-7-18
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

i dont think there is sutch thing as hack proof but this firmware sure is fly proof!

from what i can see this firmware is in hex (ASC II) if so, this is old stuff, realy good and realy old.
Bin files is hex, used on many cars. and that makes it difficult to look into because its all numbercodes and Dji will use a translating prog to translate 16 digit system to somting that makes sense .
well i may be wrong but it looks like that.
2017-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would use a hex editor to examine the compiled code, anything in plain text (ASCII)  would be likely be readable and perhaps open to a hack, there is nothing 'new' or 'old' in using hexadecimal notation in programming. The rest will be the machine code instructions for the processor. I don't know if these could be translated using a disassembler. It would probably be meaningless without the original source code.

But if it's written in software then it can be modified in software. Perhaps they should go back to burning code onto ROM chips and post out to each user , or sell the latest new functions :-)
2017-7-18
Use props
mrdarbab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111086 ft
Canada

Rene vd Meer Posted at 2017-7-18 02:29
Amazingly stupid
Irresponsible Pilot flying DJI Mavic from 86 meters at Tel Aviv Airport

Peter from "nevermindyourown" YouTube channel did a vlog on this too.
2017-7-18
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-18 13:05
You would use a hex editor to examine the compiled code, anything in plain text (ASCII)  would be likely be readable and perhaps open to a hack, there is nothing 'new' or 'old' in using hexadecimal notation in programming. The rest will be the machine code instructions for the processor. I don't know if these could be translated using a disassembler. It would probably be meaningless without the original source code.

i have hex editors, several, but for my car,yes they need to decode the file and put everithing in the right place, my old nissan 300zx has 8000 adress lines x16, the phantom must have mutch more. to decode if possible would be a monumental task. not for me. the russian hack company i alive so it may be possible to get help there, removing the limiters are not in my mind the drone is ok as it was,im not intested in having my drone stuck in a airliners cocpit, but i dont like the forced controll of peaople,or if a wifi connetion are required, and i think if dji stretch this to far it will make a business for hackers and then the bear is loose. and usaly they find a way around the security if they can hack into pentagon they can hack a dji drone. well i hope there is a new firmware around the corner and we will se how bad this can be.
2017-7-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Otto4 Posted at 2017-7-18 16:05
i have hex editors, several, but for my car,yes they need to decode the file and put everithing in the right place, my old nissan 300zx has 8000 adress lines x16, the phantom must have mutch more. to decode if possible would be a monumental task. not for me. the russian hack company i alive so it may be possible to get help there, removing the limiters are not in my mind the drone is ok as it was,im not intested in having my drone stuck in a airliners cocpit, but i dont like the forced controll of peaople,or if a wifi connetion are required, and i think if dji stretch this to far it will make a business for hackers and then the bear is loose. and usaly they find a way around the security if they can hack into pentagon they can hack a dji drone. well i hope there is a new firmware around the corner and we will se how bad this can be.

Well if it's any consolation after the initial login during update no wifi is required to fly. But of course it may vary from country to country.
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The only way to get hacked soft/firmware into your aircraft is for you to go to a web site that is offering a hacked version, download it and install it on your aircraft. And if you do this, you are either a fool or an irresponsible idiot.
2017-7-18
Use props
Otto4
lvl.2
Norway

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-18 16:15
The only way to get hacked soft/firmware into your aircraft is for you to go to a web site that is offering a hacked version, download it and install it on your aircraft. And if you do this, you are either a fool or an irresponsible idiot.

""the new law inforsment guy""well im 46 years old, have a wife and to childern house and several cars  im eighter a fool or an irresponseble guy but im sure as hell not going to be told by another guy /company from the other side of the world how or what i am going to do, that sad im not eighter going to fly at 4000 m or have my drone stuck into any cocpit so find your self some ducktape and stick it over your mouth it would be best.
2017-7-18
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

Otto4 Posted at 2017-7-18 18:25
""the new law inforsment guy""well im 46 years old, have a wife and to childern house and several cars  im eighter a fool or an irresponseble guy but im sure as hell not going to be told by another guy /company from the other side of the world how or what i am going to do, that sad im not eighter going to fly at 4000 m or have my drone stuck into any cocpit so find your self some ducktape and stick it over your mouth it would be best.

Huh? I was trying to decipher your post, but it made no sense. Can you please elaborate.
2017-7-18
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

Huh? I was trying to decipher your post, but it made no sense. Can you please elaborate.
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I have no idea what you are on about, try again. I am not trying to tell you what to do, I am pointing out that you have to intentionally download hacked firmware, you don't get it accidentally.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules