Tablet went to "Name Your Aircraft" while flying, drone crashed
753 6 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbdji
New
Flight distance : 7402 ft
Malaysia

I was flying my drone and while it was coming back for a battery change, the tablet suddenly showed "Name Your Aircraft" and I could not pilot it anymore. It then hit some leaves and crashed into my swimming pool.

That was not very cool at all. After drying it out for quite awhile, there is a gimbal error and the affected battery does not work.

Can I get it checked out / fixed as it was not my fault. I am based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Thanks, team.

Screenshot_2017-06-28-09-18-35-369_dji.go.v4.png
2017-7-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Why would you not be able to control it? You control it with the rc not with the tablet? Tablet is just FPV and a helper - the craft flies and can be controlled perfectly well without a tablet. What model? U could post a log here, phantomhelp com - i assume you did open a case with DJI? But you do have to know what happened as much as possible from the log,  so you can have a good conversation with them, if they say no to warranty fix...
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash. Please log in the app the sync the flight records and contact our support to start a ticket, we will help to make data analysis, if it's malfunction, we will compensate your drone if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-7-16
Use props
tbdji
New
Malaysia

Hi DJI Thor, I have been trying to do so, but because I am not in North America or Europe, the DJI site is really confusing and I am unable to lodge an online request.

There is a recommended service centre in Malaysia, but will they take care of warranty issues?

Thanks.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tbdji Posted at 2017-7-31 15:09
Hi DJI Thor, I have been trying to do so, but because I am not in North America or Europe, the DJI site is really confusing and I am unable to lodge an online request.

There is a recommended service centre in Malaysia, but will they take care of warranty issues?

I'm afraid not because they are not DJI official repair center, you can contact them to confirm.
Since you are in Malaysia, the drone will need to be sent back to China for warranty, please send email to support@dji.com, my colleague will help to raise a ticket and guide you to send in.
2017-7-31
Use props
tbdji
New
Malaysia

Thank you for the info. I have sent an email to the support team.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tbdji Posted at 2017-7-31 20:21
Thank you for the info. I have sent an email to the support team.

No problem.
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules