Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Pro fails to connect to app after firmware update
1781 11 2017-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAMIE.ALLEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840390 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
Just updated the I1 Pro to the latest firmware and now, when I turn the aircraft on, it kicks me out of the app. App works fine with just the RC connected, but I only get a few seconds of connectivity with the aircraft before it turns off the app. Makes putting the thing in travel/flight mode interesting.
Anyone come across similar, or have a solution?
Cheers

2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What is the version of your DJI Go? You may try to update to the latest version or reinstall the APP.
2017-7-17
Use props
JAMIE.ALLEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 840390 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3.1.13. Reinstalled app last night. Was using iPad mini 2 and changed to iPhone 6S. Seemed ok with iPhone 6S, until I connected the X5, now it's saying the gimbal is disconnected and I can't like the RC.
2017-7-17
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

JAMIE.ALLEN Posted at 2017-7-17 02:12
3.1.13. Reinstalled app last night. Was using iPad mini 2 and changed to iPhone 6S. Seemed ok with iPhone 6S, until I connected the X5, now it's saying the gimbal is disconnected and I can't like the RC.

Ok did you update the RC and AC/camera  to the latest FW as well ?  If yes then delete and re install the go app again on your go app device .
Also if on the latest FW on the AC and RC you may need to do a re link to them .  There are instrucitons at the end of my tips page .
Tips for Load NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO

The Gimbal disconnect may be  just that the IMU and gimbal need to be calibrated as well.  Always do that after an update to the aircraft . And make sure you do the IMU first then IMMEDEIATY WITH THE CAMERA GIMBAL CALIBRATION .

donnie

2017-7-17
Use props
Aerial Measure
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54547 ft
United States

I had the same issue. Did you perform the re-link in the app? here is the link to YouTube video
2017-7-17
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75817 ft
Greece

Same happened to me. See my earlier post. I seemed to get a good connection when I got home, approx 150 miles away. Geoff
2017-7-23
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75817 ft
Greece

Hi Jamie, have you managed to solve this issue? I've been on vacation and not had a chance to fly. Geoff
2017-7-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Jamie,

On a side note, you don't need the app to enter/exit travel mode, just toggle the landing gear switch a few times (3 times I think).

Mark G.
2017-7-29
Use props
MarcusMarcusMar
lvl.1
United States

Hiiiiiiiiiaaaarrrrgghhhh……

I booted up my Inspire 1 w/ Zenx5 yesterday (after a year), and it yelled at me to do an update.

Had no idea I was supposed to do the AC first…. (the app says nothing about it)

So, I updated the controller first - (it is now version 1.7.80). From what I've read, updating the controller first is wrong…. So… what do you do if you did that?

The DJI Go App is: 3.1.13 on my iPhone

I have no idea what the AC is… I've been trying to update it, and it's not going "DDDDD" at all…  it boots up, and the camera light turns green. When I pull the SD card, there's a file on it that it makes  (next to the .bin file). I've wiped, and downloaded, and transferred the:  WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin  file to it several times (as well as trying another SD card).

I've re-linked the controller (a couple of times), each time it says it's successful - but STILL there is the "RC Signal Lost" banner.

For my next trick, I will be trying to update the AC with a borrowed windows laptop (we're an Apple Only Household).

If this works, great!  BUT - What do I watch out for - where do I go next if this doesn't work??

Thank you!!

Marcus
2017-7-29
Use props
MarcusMarcusMar
lvl.1
United States

My apologies for the exasperating message....

In the last two frustrating days of skimming forums, and trying to systematically go through what to try, I neglected to realize that it makes a difference as to what camera is attached to the Inspire (see that label that says "New"?  Yea... that's me alright,  I'm New...   

So, for those of you who are stuck where I was, -if you look at the description on the inspire download page (without doing the product drop-down), you'll see the firmware file says (X3) after it. If you do the drop-down, and select X5, you'll notice there is NO "(X5)", or any indicator that differentiates.  So, it's easy to quickly assume that the file on the regular download page, is the same as the file for the X5 -especially if you don't HAVE an x3, and not even know what that was (See? NEW).  

Tricky stuff.  Thank You Donnie for the intricate post and making sure this was pointed out. Took two times of skimming it before it dawned on me. (SEE? I Skim... which means I'm New

For what it's worth - I just used a regular mini SD (HC) card that was wiped clean on my Mac, and it seemed to work just fine (took over 20 minutes).

I haven't taken it out to test in the air yet, but if I have any issues, I'll be bock.....

Marcus
2017-7-30
Use props
MarcusMarcusMar
lvl.1
United States

Hey! it changed to "Beginner"!
  - I'm  movin' on up...  
2017-7-30
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

MarcusMarcusMar Posted at 2017-7-30 08:50
My apologies for the exasperating message....

In the last two frustrating days of skimming forums, and trying to systematically go through what to try, I neglected to realize that it makes a difference as to what camera is attached to the Inspire (see that label that says "New"?  Yea... that's me alright,  I'm New...   

I think they should have that it bold or something, it is missed ALOT, You are not the only one !!!

Happy to help you Marcus

donnie
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules