Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO X5R with CS 5.5 and wireless remote focus
3127 8 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

Hey all. First time on here. I've been looking into using an Osmo RAW kit in the usual split monitor for AC type scenario, and I'm finding it difficult to find details.
Can my AC pull focus on my split monitor? My plan is to use an Osmo raw kit, wired to the crystalsky 5.5. Then output video from the CS 5.5 using my wireless split, and have my AC pull focus from the monitor.

thanks in advance.

2017-7-17
Use props
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

So I found out one thing, the Crystalsky and the DJI Focus Controller (or I guess, the DJI Handwheel), can be plugged in together. A note in the overview here about using both at once;
https://m.dji.com/product/osmo-proraw-wired-video-adapter?from=search
Another interesting note is it says enables Peak Focus in the DJI GO app. Haven't heard of that or seen it demonstrated anywhere else on the web.
Still no idea whether I must limit my AC to a 2m cable walking next to me, or if we can pull focus wirelessly with the remote.
2017-7-18
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

From blade strike on another thread

Is this kinda what you are looking for?

Thread on peak focus, picture on comment #5.  

X5 Focus peaking?   http://forum.dji.com/thread-57134-1-1.html

2017-7-18
Use props
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

Interesting that people have unlocked it on iOS. That must be the Peak Focus feature that unlocks when you use the cable.

Anyone know if we can focus wirelessly using the DJI Focus. I'd love to get word from someone at DJI if they're reading, or will it be added/can it be added in the future?
2017-7-18
Use props
martinfueloep
First Officer
Flight distance : 1551401 ft
  • >>>
Austria

cyclops2810 Posted at 2017-7-18 19:04
Interesting that people have unlocked it on iOS. That must be the Peak Focus feature that unlocks when you use the cable.

Anyone know if we can focus wirelessly using the DJI Focus. I'd love to get word from someone at DJI if they're reading, or will it be added/can it be added in the future?

As far as I know there is no option to focus wirelessly. You always do need a cable.
If you use DJI Focus, there are longer cable options (you will find them in the DJI store online), if you use the focus wheel, there is just a short cable (approx. 20cm) available.
2017-7-18
Use props
dopey-tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My experience with the older focus remote was it was very laggy. I was using it with a brand new iphone 7 plus. The newer focus remotes should be less laggy but I couldnt say for sure...

I never worked out how to get the video feed on 2 screens.. I guess with the crystal sky monitor you can hdmi out so you could hookup to a hdmi transmitter? Then add a received to his screen? or you might be able to pick the feed up over wifi in the dji app?
2017-7-19
Use props
cyclops2810
lvl.1
Australia

On the X5S page, near the bottom, there's a section about the DJI Focus Remote, and it looks like it's operating wirelessly. Maybe the X5S is what I'm after... when they release the OSMO X5S model.
2017-7-24
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.3
Sweden

Hi,

Can the CrystalSky operate upside down, like an iPhone running DJI Go? Otherwise it'll be difficult rotating it to see it from above with X5R.

Thanks
2017-9-7
Use props
thebird030
lvl.1

Germany

Any final word on the wireless focus?  

Is or is it not possible to use wireless focus with the dji osmo x5?

Best
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules