1336 12 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APbjoern
New
Flight distance : 156322 ft
Spain

Hi,

some guys have stolen my mavic pro out of my hotel safe during vacation, can you block the Drone for these thieves?

Thank you
Bjoern
2017-7-17
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Sorry for the bad experience.  Hopefully you will be covered by thieft insurance.

I presume you have filed a police report.  You should have the police contact DJI.  They (DJI) don't seem to respond to individual owners block requests.  I'm not sure they really "block" (by policy), but they may have other ways they cooperate with legal authorities, especially if someone tries to re-register a stolen drone.    If they're stupid enough to fly it and sync the logs, then you can at least know WHERE they are/were.  Did they take the RC too?
2017-7-17
Use props
APbjoern
New
Spain

They took all :-((((

It happend in Spain and the police doesnt really care, so I was hoping DJI would support blocking stolen products of them to make thieves knowing it doesnt make sense to grab stuff which doesnt belong to them....!
2017-7-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

APbjoern Posted at 2017-7-17 07:31
They took all :-((((

It happend in Spain and the police doesnt really care, so I was hoping DJI would support blocking stolen products of them to make thieves knowing it doesnt make sense to grab stuff which doesnt belong to them....!

Sorry to hear that. Is the hotel reimbursing you seeing as how it was their safe?

You probably should contact support directly via the Me section in your Go 4 app.
2017-7-17
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to locate the drone via the app?
2017-7-17
Use props
APbjoern
New
Spain

not sure if it is fully covered but I will follow your suggestion to go via app support.
2017-7-17
Use props
APbjoern
New
Spain

Yes, they havent enabled the drone yet. The GPS sticks to the last position i was flying it...
2017-7-17
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Inside job
2017-7-17
Use props
Highfive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400476 ft
Germany

Why is there no reply from DJI to all these reports of stolen drones? Do they prefer to sell new ones?
2017-7-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck in finding your Mavic and let us know on how DJI react to this.
2017-7-17
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Were there signs of break in? Not that easy to open a safe to steal a drone unless you have the "master key" (hotels have that so that they can open safes left locked by departing guests; have seen it in action).
2017-7-17
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Sorry for your loss - I guess they can't block it for you  (maybe they can, but they won't) as it was discussed here in other threads few times before.

2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, we are so sorry to say that we are not able to block and track the drone. I would recommend you report it to the police, and check the supervision videos of the hotel, see if it can be found.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules