Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Emailing support about firmware, pointless exerciss
1533 17 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

I reported the firmware issues to DJI via the contact page do they actually read the emails or just send a generic reply, I told them of all the issues we are having with the latest firmware and that we cannot downgrade the firmware on Assistant 2 but you guessed it they said downgrade via Assistant 2 , I explained all I wanted was for the engineers to either sort out an update or give us a link to restore out Drones to the previous flyable state. For a company like this is it that hard to do. {:4_142:}{:4_142:}
2017-7-17
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Emailing support about firmware, pointless exercise.

I reported the firmware issues to DJI via the contact page do they actually read the emails or just send a generic reply, I told them of all the issues we are having with the latest firmware and that we cannot downgrade the firmware on Assistant 2 but you guessed it they said downgrade via Assistant 2 , I explained all I wanted was for the engineers to either sort out an update or give us a link to restore out Drones to the previous flyable state. For a company like this is it that hard to do.
2017-7-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Welcome to DJI's customer service I'm sure they already know as it has been widely talked about on the forums here and the moderators have definitely seen it posted about.
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Second step, use the online chat program. Or PM a helpful forum mod directly.

There are several avenues to get your response, in a timely manner. ;-)

Realize the large customer base, of the most popular drone manufacturer, world wide, that's volume...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Otto4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-7-17 13:36
Second step, use the online chat program. Or PM a helpful forum mod directly.

There are several avenues to get your response, in a timely manner. ;-)

Shold be people inough in china to take care of that, its no excuse for not reply, but after shoping alot from china i have found out that this is typical for chineese company, not reply, or say yes and not do anything or bore them to death with usless talk.

then i have to give an excuse to those that do things right for there are those aswell  
2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

Please don't give up , my email response was also ignorant of the request and actual problem but there is a very real language barrier , but as time consuming as it can be if you persevere you will get someone who can speak and read English, the online chat option next as RHP suggests is a good option , if you still have no luck in having your issues acknowledged try phoning, I know it sucks to have such a pain ful process to lodge a concern but the more people that are effected contacting DJI the more chance we have of action from DJI, there is a very real culture of responders to mark your concern as "resolved" even when they did not address the issue, good luck
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-7-17 17:19
Please don't give up , my email response was also ignorant of the request and actual problem but there is a very real language barrier , but as time consuming as it can be if you persevere you will get someone who can speak and read English, the online chat option next as RHP suggests is a good option , if you still have no luck in having your issues acknowledged try phoning, I know it sucks to have such a pain ful process to lodge a concern but the more people that are effected contacting DJI the more chance we have of action from DJI, there is a very real culture of responders to mark your concern as "resolved" even when they did not address the issue, good luck

Yes, I still think the online chat can be more immediate. Emails may take several long days or longer to get a reasonable response. Good luck, I know you will eventually get this fixed... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

It would be so polite from DJI to acknowledge the faulty firmware and advice us if it safe to fly or not in a certain Mode or not. Right now I am taking a chance flying it.
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Callatis Posted at 2017-7-17 18:29
It would be so polite from DJI to acknowledge the faulty firmware and advice us if it safe to fly or not in a certain Mode or not. Right now I am taking a chance flying it.

I understand your frustration, and am on your team. But these problematic situations are not across the board. Most of us who fly DJI products are in the majority & without and difficulties or concerns.

If you want to fly, but have concerns, take it low, slow and stay relatively close to your home point.

You aren't alone, DJI is well aware of the situation, & are working diligently to fix it.
Shedding more darkness upon the problems don't speed up the process. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

2017-7-17
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Australia

2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear that , may I know what aircraft are you using?  What issues are you having with the latest firmware of your drone? Please provide more details , we'd like to help.
2017-7-18
Use props
Patager
Flight distance : 61437 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-18 00:35
Sorry to hear that , may I know what aircraft are you using?  What issues are you having with the latest firmware of your drone? Please provide more details , we'd like to help.

I have massive problems too - similar to Usarfireman.  I did the latest update to the drone on Assistant 2 using a MAC (as usual) then the app wanted to sort the Controller but would not give me the update, it just went to the camera screen except now I have green/red blinking on the controller, massive frequency messages. Plus - no Camera, when I hit "About" in General - no info comes up about the Controller serial no. etc.  The controller will controller the P4 but not through the app????  Mad as hell - this is the first time I have experience any problems on an update.
2017-7-18
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-18 00:35

Please find link to original thread, it's the same problem as many others are having with latest firmware it has basically made my drone so unstable that I'm afraid if I use it again, it will crash again, luckily it crashed into some bushes last time and just broke a prop. The email I sent to your technical department just came back with downgrade using assistant 2  but they do not have a clue that you are unable to do this, they also wanted me to send it back for repair I told them it was not broken just firmware issue but still wanted me to return it for repair , again this was not a problem caused by my flying so who would pay for the repair anyway.
I any of us want to for DJI to acknowledge that there is a problem and  they are doing something to rectify the problem as the footage I was hoping to get on holiday is now impossible and all I have is a very expensive door stop.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-104803-1-1.html
2017-7-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Didn't you already post this?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-105006-1-1.html

Multiple posts are not appreciated by the powers that be...

RedHotPoker
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Patager Posted at 2017-7-18 00:47
I have massive problems too - similar to Usarfireman.  I did the latest update to the drone on Assistant 2 using a MAC (as usual) then the app wanted to sort the Controller but would not give me the update, it just went to the camera screen except now I have green/red blinking on the controller, massive frequency messages. Plus - no Camera, when I hit "About" in General - no info comes up about the Controller serial no. etc.  The controller will controller the P4 but not through the app????  Mad as hell - this is the first time I have experience any problems on an update.

Please refer to the steps below to reset the RC, and re-install the APP, then check the current firmware of the RC and see if you can upgrade the RC.
1. Power on the RC;
2. Press and hold the C1, C2 and Shutter button, power off the RC and then power on.
2017-7-18
Use props
Patager
Flight distance : 61437 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-18 01:38
Please refer to the steps below to reset the RC, and re-install the APP, then check the current firmware of the RC and see if you can upgrade the RC.
1. Power on the RC;
2. Press and hold the C1, C2 and Shutter button, power off the RC and then power on.

Thanks for that Diana - A DJI Person said to turn the gimbal wheel at the same time too and to not let go while re-powering on.... is that correct?
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules