Inspire 1 - AOG - major image transmission issues.
1350 11 2017-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27523688 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are having major image transmission issues with one of our Inspire 1 units to the point where is is not airworthy at this time and is grounded (AOG)
Upon startup, the camera initializes normally but then after a few seconds, begins to completely drop the signal including green lines, black lines, pixellated breakups, and then complete signal loss for 10-20 seconds at a time. I'd take a video but I think you get the picture

Here's what we are running:
App - 3.1.1
Aircraft - 1.10.01.40
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

Troubleshooting: We have another Inspire 1 running the same exact FW setup and everything works perfectly. We have tried swapping multiple X3's and even a Z3 to the problematic aircraft to no avail. We experience the same transmission signal problems with all three cameras that we have. There is definitely something up with this aircraft and we need to get to the bottom of it to get it back into service.

We are leaning towards upgrading the aircraft to v01.11.01.50 as well as the controller to 1.7.80. However, as with any FW update, we are nervous to do that in itself.

If anyone can give us suggestions before we are forced to try an update, please let us know. We'd like to get this bird back in the air asap.[*Before anyone asks, no the aircraft has never been crashed or even hard landed whatsoever.]
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ehcropydoc, I'm sorry to hear that. Could you help to do a brief troubleshooting?
1. What mobile device are your using? How about the decoding ability?
2. Have you changed another RC to have a try?
3. Please check the pin between the gimbal and aircraft to see if it is crooked and clean the pin with 95% alcohol.
4. Then please help to check if the 8 pin cable is inserted tightly, you may try to insert again.Please let us know if these steps work or not with your issue.
pin.jpg
8PIN cable.jpg
2017-7-17
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Are you using the same Go App device  with each of the other AC that function ? are they up to date  or at least on the same FW as the one that is causing the trouble. (   go app and FW on AC and RC )

I find that after updating and then sudden problems it is usually the fault of the go app device .  if you want to test this and use what I consider the best go app device available get and I pad pro , standard size  with 128 gig and test .

If the problem goes away then you know the older go app device is the problem .

If not then go over may suggestions on the tips page , I have seen this many many times and My bet is on the go app device .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie

2017-7-18
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-18 04:02
Are you using the same Go App device  with each of the other AC that function ? are they up to date  or at least on the same FW as the one that is causing the trouble. (   go app and FW on AC and RC )

I find that after updating and then sudden problems it is usually the fault of the go app device .  if you want to test this and use what I consider the best go app device available get and I pad pro , standard size  with 128 gig and test .

Yes we use iPad Pro 12.9" for all our flights. Same device with same updated Go app is being tested. Our main Inspire 1 works perfectly across the board. The second unit however does not.
2017-7-18
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 19:33
ehcropydoc, I'm sorry to hear that. Could you help to do a brie troubleshooting?
1. What mobile device are your using? How about the decoding ability?
2. Have you changed another RC to have a try?

iPad Pro 12.9"

No, I have not tried switching RC's as we do not have any spares and would not want to steal one from a working A/C.

I will definitely check the PINS and clean them asap.

I will also check the 8 PIN cable asap.

Stay tuned...
2017-7-18
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-7-18 04:50
Yes we use iPad Pro 12.9" for all our flights. Same device with same updated Go app is being tested. Our main Inspire 1 works perfectly across the board. The second unit however does not.

You my wish to make on of the other RC transmitters  a"slave" and see if the video clears up, then you can narrow it down to the AC or the RC transmitter .

If it is on the Ac then be sure to check the flat cables from the Vibration board to the ?AC , I have seen these get crimped and cause the exact issue you describe .  Be sure to go over my tips page on this .

donnie
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ehcropydoc Posted at 2017-7-18 04:52
iPad Pro 12.9"

No, I have not tried switching RC's as we do not have any spares and would not want to steal one from a working A/C.

I agree with Donnie. Another RC will help to narrow the problem down. I'm waiting for your update.
2017-7-19
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 00:25
I agree with Donnie. Another RC will help to narrow the problem down. I'm waiting for your update.

I suppose we need to procure another TX. We can't afford to mess with the working aircraft.

On the other hand, I suppose updating everything couldn't hurt to try. It may fix the problem.
2017-7-20
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

Finally someone with the same issues we are having. Any updates on this. Mt craft is running latest firmware and app and the issue is still the same.
2017-7-21
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

We are running the X5R not the x3 but same issue it sounds like
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ReelTech Aerial Posted at 2017-7-21 06:03
We are running the X5R not the x3 but same issue it sounds like

Have you made a troubleshooting according to my post on 2#?
You must use the mobile device with strong decoding ability, may I know the model of your mobile device?
Have you changed another RC to have a try?
2017-7-23
Use props
ehcropydoc
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Update: I did not do anything except update the DJI GO App and the aircraft is running fine right now. I hate not being able to pinpoint the issue because I KNOW it will come back. For now we are back in the air with this aircraft.

*Side note: This particular aircraft REFUSES to accept a Z3 whatsoever. Food for thought.
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules