Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First tip over
1162 4 2015-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

So I had my first tip over today.   3 months of flying under my belt with no issues.    This was all my fault.    A neighbor came by while I was getting ready to land.   Instead of powering down like I ALWAYS do, I went to CSC.   I have no idea why I did it, but the bird started going sideways and I didn't stop doing what I was doing.     It drifted from the sidewalk onto some grass covered with light snow.    Doesn't look like there was any damage.  Props are fine.   There was a little snow on the shell and gimble.  Only a little.    I wiped it off quickly with a paper towel.       Put another battery in after letting is sit for about 10 minutes.   Everything seemed normal and had no issues during flight.    Throttled down to land and stop the props this time.  No issues at all.   Live and learn (and practice).
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

marc,
That is for sure! i did the CSC shut off myself with someone nearby a couple of weeks ago and man i could not believe it either..flopped around like a fish out of water....anyhow...thought to myself, did i just do that?..yep! The CSC shut off is way too sensitive and if not done 100% you are going to go topsy tervy...so land and just throttle down is my rule too.
2015-3-21
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

With a set of these you won't tip over.  Worked great on mine.
2015-3-21
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-22 02:29
With a set of these you won't tip over.  Worked great on mine.

Sweet, need some of those when i walk down to the pub about 7 blocks away...they would be great for the trip home...
2015-3-21
Use props
marc.aronowitz
lvl.2

United States

I think I would have tipped even with those on.   This was all operator error.....
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules